Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillow

Sep 25, 2016
My computer
I think that there should be a /report command for players who do not have a YouTube channel to report other players. This will help to get staff members to check out the player faster. It would also be much more convenient for players to instead of going onto the Cubecraft forums, to just type in /report and report a player.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Please view these threads: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/k-we-need-to-use-report-commands.182765/#post-775264
You will see that having a /report would be more of a - (disadvantage) than a + .

Imagine if we had 100 staff member and maybe 5000 players, the amount of players who would call hacks on an innocent party is high, like crazy high.
(salty players) and those who aren't too sure about hacks, just report them anyways cause why not.
Lets not forget about the amount of players who use /report just to talk to staff members and get their attention.

So we can't just send every staff member everywhere to monitor, it isn't as efficient as it seem.
Getting them on the reporting site is easier and also shortens the "hackcusation" because if you're going to call hacks on someone for the sake of being a salty kid, you're not going to put in effort to actually report someone you know isn't hacking but still killed you.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from, I know it's frustrating but there isn't much we can do, just hope that someone else catches him.

I'm unsure if you're able to fully understand what I've written so please feel free to ask for clarification on parts you do not understand.

Pillow

Sep 25, 2016
My computer
Please view these threads: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/k-we-need-to-use-report-commands.182765/#post-775264
You will see that having a /report would be more of a - (disadvantage) than a + .

I'm unsure if you're able to fully understand what I've written so please feel free to ask for clarification on parts you do not understand.
I fully understand where you are coming from, but what about the players that do not have a YouTube channel and can not report? There is not always another player that will report for that player. That is my point, but i also understand how inconvenient it would be for you staff members.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I would say to register for a YouTube account as it isn't hard to do.
I don't know what reason someone could have to not be "allowed" or "able" to register an account so if you have some, I would love to hear them.
That is true, there will not always be "another player" to report a certain rule breaker but there is always Sentinel - our anti-cheat that's here to assist us.
Although not perfected, it still does the job if not always.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
If I may >

We had the /report command in the past but it has been removed due to it was being heavily abused. Players were submitting fake reports and Staff Members were wasting their time on fake reports. Due to these and some other reasons, the /report command won't be added back.

And this.
I would say to register for a YouTube account as it isn't hard to do.
I don't know what reason someone could have to not be "allowed" or "able" to register an account so if you have some, I would love to hear them.
That is true, there will not always be "another player" to report a certain rule breaker but there is always Sentinel - our anti-cheat that's here to assist us.
Although not perfected, it still does the job if not always.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Any pros of the /report command are far outweighed by the cons. Yes, some players can't report players because they don't have a YouTube channel, but if this command was added, it would be heavily abused. Also, it would mean all the salty people who call everyone who kills them a hacker would report everyone who kills them, and staff would go around looking at the player and see he is obviously not hacking. About 1 in 10 reports would actually be a hacker and it would get pretty ridiculous. Sorry, but -1

As @zRinne said, it's not hard to start a YouTube channel.

zHeavy

Nov 2, 2016
Belgium
For that command is asked as many times ... but, As @iCheeetah said, the /report command will be abused, and the staff will be wasting his time to fake reports.

Reactions: Ducky
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom