Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What is your opinion about my suggestion?

• THIS MUST BE ADDED!!!!!!!!

• This can be added, not a must tho.

• Why not?

• Preferbly not! (Please explain why!)

• No, just no! (Please explain why!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 7, 2017
Nah.
1.- /report abuse
2.- You can use the page.
3.- Another command more?
4.- Then lots of players will try to report players just to get it.
5.- YouTubers and Plus users have it, and they must have exclusive stuff.
6.- There are more motives to report in the forums than in there.

Reactions: toby-

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
1.- /report abuse
PLUS-Users can abuse it too…

Therefore you should have at least … reports.

Explain???

Indeed! This function motivates people to report people!

That's true.

Like? The only thing you get is
Thanks, player has been …..!
View attachment 149674

I feel like this whole /report system just needs some testing right now, instead of it being something for the entire server. If the system works out well, then maybe they'll give more people the ability to /report.
I didn't suggest it for the enitre server, read pls.

I agree with what SanCookie mentioned.

The amount of Plus users right now is way lower than the amout of players with 150 succesful reports, therefore it's not way too many '/report' reports coming in for the few of us that might be online. If there would be a bigger playerbase beeing able to use the command, a bigger precentage of the reports would not be taken care of. The more '/report' reports, the more non handled '/report' reports, the more dissatisfied players and community.
Therefore, I'd like to keep the number of '/report' reports lower by not giving non Plus users the ability to use it.
More perks to the plus rank is also great! It now has a bigger worth to buy it, and more to come.
Welp, you're right. But what's the difference between dealing with 100 player reports at reports.cubecraft.net or /report? EDIT: I was stupid, with reports.cubecraf.net you may decide when you want to do them, and /report must be handled asap. Sorry!

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown

I know you weren't suggesting it be for the whole server, I know you were specifically talking about the people with 150+ accepted reports. But I was using that term in in an exaggerated way to emphasize my point. What my main point was:

View attachment 149674

I feel like this whole /report system just needs some testing right now, instead of it being something for the entire server. If the system works out well, then maybe they'll give more people the ability to /report.

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
Being plus myself, I can say that 150+ successful reports is a good number to give access to /report. Hopefully /report counts towards your successful report total.

Reactions: Keanu

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
The main concern for /report is that people would spam it (it was a problem back when cube had 10k+ players).
Seeing how you can easily obtain it by the plus rank thingy, there's no reason not to implement this. Given that players
actually have some credibility, (50-100 reports is a lot of no-lifing), there should be no reason not to implement this.
Nah.
1.- /report abuse
No 1: Yes, that's why it already exists, because Cube is scared of abusers. It's a generic answer for the casual player.
this isn't about the casual player, it's about the player that's spent the time to gian crediblity through reports
2: Yea, but there's nothing wrong with trying to /report somebody to see if any mod can catch them.
3: Yea, another command. Is there something wrong?
4: Yea, but you need to understand it's 50-100 (whatever it is) reports that have been completed. That's a long time and effort.
Lately, with less players on the server, I've seen less and less hackers compared to long ago. Those 50/100 reports aren't going to happen quickly.
Oh yea, you also assumed what people would do. Just because you'd get a /report doesn't necessarily mean that you'll rush in reports,
either way, rushed reports will be denied, it's foolproof.
5: Why should it be? This is something that's going to benefit the community, not yourself. It's not like a donor perk, where paying allows you
to enjoy yourself with voting, etc. This is not related to gameplay, and saying that it should be selective has a fallacious reasoning under it.
6: Motivations? As if! I don't report anymore. Why? Because its lowkey not worth my time, and space to upload a video, having to wait a few hours/days
to see it get done. Not only that, but there's that chance of it being "denied" because another person beat you to it. If anything there's 0 motivation to
report. The only motivation I had back then was to become a staff member, now, I have none, because I'm playing a pixilated block game.
I agree with what SanCookie mentioned.

The amount of Plus users right now is way lower than the amout of players with 150 succesful reports, therefore it's not way too many '/report' reports coming in for the few of us that might be online. If there would be a bigger playerbase beeing able to use the command, a bigger precentage of the reports would not be taken care of. The more '/report' reports, the more non handled '/report' reports, the more dissatisfied players and community.
Therefore, I'd like to keep the number of '/report' reports lower by not giving non Plus users the ability to use it.
More perks to the plus rank is also great! It now has a bigger worth to buy it, and more to come.
I hardly doubt that a dude would be like, "Oh look! I can /report people! Totally worth my money!" Let's get real. 90% of the people don't even look at those other
factors. You can claim that it gives extra perks, but there are so many other possible reasons, it's possible that the /report feature is practically overlooked.

Also, I personally believe 100 is the best. It requires legitimate, long term comittment to get such a perk. 50 is a decent number but I just feel that's about a month's worth of reports. 100 seems like the number to go (plus it's 100! :P)

Reactions: Keanu

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think the players that have been loyally and successfully reporting players should deserve such a tool. In my opinion they are a lot less likely to abuse it.
However, /report is not a replacement of actually using the report site.
Submitting a cheater to the report site means you can be 100% certain it will be dealt with by a staff member, when using the /report command depending on the time of day and time zone there may be no staff member available to help.
I personally think this should be available to people with 200+ reports or 50+ successfull reports.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
I think the players that have been loyally and successfully reporting players should deserve such a tool. In my opinion they are a lot less likely to abuse it.
Submitting a cheater to the report site means you can be 100% certain it will be dealt with by a staff member, when using the /report command depending on the time of day and time zone there may be no staff member available to help.
I personally think this should be available to people with 200+ reports or 50+ successfull reports.
You can make tons of not accepted reports, I think it should stay at arround 50 accepted non-verbal reports.

TwinShards

Jan 3, 2017
Quebec → Montreal

200 or 50+ successful report is too little in my opinion. 500 or 750+ should be good enough.

Has this amount of report is likely to be a player that can identify between a cheater or a legit player like my self.

And allowing for only 200+ is too little as well, too many players would have access to /report , staff would be flooded or reported player by /report.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
200 or 50+ successful report is too little in my opinion. 500 or 750+ should be good enough.

Has this amount of report is likely to be a player that can identify between a cheater or a legit player like my self.

And allowing for only 200+ is too little as well, too many players would have access to /report , staff would be flooded or reported player by /report.

There aren’t that many players having more than 200 reports...

Abodz

May 14, 2018
PLUS-Users can abuse it too…

Therefore you should have at least … reports.

Explain???

Indeed! This function motivates people to report people!

That's true.

Like? The only thing you get is
Thanks, player has been …..!

Welp, you're right. But what's the difference between dealing with 100 player reports at reports.cubecraft.net or /report? EDIT: I was stupid, with reports.cubecraf.net you may decide when you want to do them, and /report must be handled asap. Sorry!
If plus users abuse it, They will lose access for the command

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
If plus users abuse it, They will lose access for the command
So would the ones with the /report permission that got it via the reports site with x+ successful reports.
The point is that the ones that got it via the report site, will less likely abuse it, because they will have more experience with what a hacker might look like.

Blank

Sep 19, 2017
Egypt
Camezonda said * We may add /report in the future for users over a specific level or amount of successful reports *
but yeah i agree :)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hi all!

Cubecraft recently released a new update. In this update there is a new /report feature for people subscribed to the plus thingy. In my opinion, not sure what you think, people having 50 non-verbal or more accepted reports should be able to use this too. Why?

First of all, in my opinion it is awesome they implemented this; rule breakers are punished faster. Although, people without the plus rank still have to go to the report site, and report them people. Some people are doing this for a long time and now people without putting any effort get a tool to punish rule breakers faster, while people putting a lot of effort into reporting people don’t get anything. In my opinion, this is not fair at all.
TLDR: Some people which put no effort into reporting people are now getting a tool, while people uploading more than a hour of evidence don’t get it!

Now the actual suggestion; People having more than 50 ACCEPTED non-verbal reports get access to the /reports feature.

Hey Keanu why only people having more than 50 reports and not eg. 10 reports?!?????
Hey stranger, there is a minimum of 50 reports because people having this amount of reports have shown their effort in making cubecraft a better place. Also, getting 10 reports is wayyyy to easy, I am currently at 228 accepted reports, of which (counting them rn) are non-verbal!
I totally agree, although not every plus ranker would be very happy with this. Giving acces to the /report command to more people would be very effective when banning cheaters.
There is a little problem though, I think there are way too many players with over 50 successful reports and the staff team would take more time to look into each report. The command would end up making no sense if the cheater isn’t banned shortly after the player issues the command.
So maybe 100-150 would be ok?
Bare in mind that people that are given this permission because of their amount of successful reports may also lose this power if they abuse it.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
although plus rankers wouldn’t be very happy with this (except me hehe)
Doesn't really matter imo, it's to make the server better.

here is a little problem though, I think there are way too many players with over 50 successful reports
The reports should be not verbal, meaning you must have 50 teaming, hacking etc. reports. Ofcourse this limit can be change if needed.

Reactions: God. and Eli
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom