Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see that you can edit your Reports if you made a mistake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hello everybody!

Everybody makes mistakes, so me. I was reporting someone, but I had done something wrong that I found out later. But you can't change it, my question is: Would you like to see it if you made a mistake and could change it yourself? And with editing, I mean your language, offence, links of YouTube, screenshots or something else. The person who you reporting and extra information, extra information is maybe no necessary.

It is a bit the same to this suggestion of mine. This one ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/edit-your-message-in-a-conversation.229682/ That was the suggestion that if you made a mistake in your conversation but you can't change it.

Back where I was doing. I would like to advise you not to take advantage of it, but please do it for good reason.

I hope I explained it simply so that you understand, have a nice day! =D

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I don't think this is a good idea, you could edit a report while a Moderator is checking it and that could lead to mistakes and false punishments. On the other hand, a single denied report because of a mistake doesn't really harm anyone, if you made a mistake, just submit the report again.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I don't think this is a good idea, you could edit a report while a Moderator is checking it and that could lead to mistakes and false punishments. On the other hand, a single denied report because of a mistake doesn't really harm anyone, if you made a mistake, just submit the report again.
Okay, I agree with you, but you can't remove your 'bad' report. And if you got one right, you actually made the other for nothing. I understand what you mean and I also agree with some of them.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Hello everybody!

Everybody makes mistakes, so me. I was reporting someone, but I had done something wrong that I found out later. But you can't change it, my question is: Would you like to see it if you made a mistake and could change it yourself? And with editing, I mean your language, offence, links of YouTube, screenshots or something else. The person who you reporting and extra information, extra information is maybe no necessary.

It is a bit the same to this suggestion of mine. This one ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/edit-your-message-in-a-conversation.229682/ That was the suggestion that if you made a mistake in your conversation but you can't change it.

Back where I was doing. I would like to advise you not to take advantage of it, but please do it for good reason.

You can re-report so it's not needed...

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I mean, if you make a mistake in your report then it’s literally 3 clicks for a staff member to deny your report. I don’t see why we should “waste” dev time on this since it’s not needed at all. Also, like eli said, it could lead to false punishments.
I agree +1 but what Keanu said is also a thing
Okay, I get what Keanu said, it is also true, for me it was unhandy, I made a stupid mistake in that report that I started thinking about how to make it better. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: Keanu

Alexp192

Honor and Glory!
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 6, 2018
España, Andalucia
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean, if you make a mistake in your report then it’s literally 3 clicks for a staff member to deny your report. I don’t see why we should “waste” dev time on this since it’s not needed at all. Also, like eli said, it could lead to false punishments.
well said peanut :v

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
you could edit a report while a Moderator is checking it and that could lead to mistakes and false punishments
How? Even though, just display “report is being edited” or similar when a report is being edited while getting checked. There, fixed.
You can re-report so it's not needed...
And having a report system built in isn’t necessary either, or bug reports, or even moving helper applications to the forums. It’s just making life easier. You make a mistake, you can correct it.
I don’t see why we should “waste” dev time
Takes 5 minutes adding this. Source: me, I have created a similar system. Took me 5 minutes adding an edit feature.
well said peanut :v
There’s a like feature to prevent posting useless message like this ;)

Another solution to the problem is creating some kind of comment system, so the one who’s reporting can comment providing additional evidence, or anything related to that report. ”BuT sPaM” -> 1 comment every 24h, fixed.

D

Deleted member 294498

Another solution to the problem is creating some kind of comment system, so the one who’s reporting can comment providing additional evidence, or anything related to that report. ”BuT sPaM” -> 1 comment every 24h, fixed.
So you're saying that they could add a ''message'' so they can fix things once per 24h?
THIS IS AMAZING!!! :)

YoungPablo

Jan 25, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
I don’t think this is a good idea , this can bring problems with a lot of reports, people being able to change any type of description will be able to change the username so basically it can become a whole mess for the reports, and the only type of description need it is the username and a link video or (image) of the "Player"on most of the times. People usually don’t get confuse or make mistakes doing a report just because it’s very simple.

Last edited:

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
people being able to change any type of description will be able to change the username so basically
It's as easy a not allowing to change the username
People usually don’t get confuse or make mistakes doing a report just because it’s very simple.
It's just a Quality of Life thing. Yes, people don't often get confused, but what if?

So you're saying that they could add a ''message'' so they can fix things once per 24h?
UHHHHHHHHHH. A comment system, like found on youtube, Twitter, etc, where any additional evidence can be added, correct mistakes, etc. Instead of declining a report, a staff member could easily comment asking for more evidence but this won't get added because itS toO hArD

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
Hello everybody!

EXACTLY LOL, I hate making mistakes with the video, when I upload 4 videos at one time and I share the wrong video and the I need to make another report... is so annoying

Good post! +1

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Hello!
I'm sorry, but this isn't going to happen.

Names, offence and language isn't something you need to change because our moderation team will change that manually and your report will be accepted.

Screenshots and videoevidences: I've punish players for submitting evidence with cheat clients because they forgot to "hide" their cheats. So, i think you know now why i don't want to allow everyone to be able to modify the evidence submitted

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Names, offence and language isn't something you need to change because our moderation team will change that manually and your report will be accepted.
Still, would be a nice little feature to have. Takes no time adding it and could save you a bit of time

Screenshots and videoevidences: I've punish players for submitting evidence with cheat clients because they forgot to "hide" their cheats. So, i think you know now why i don't want to allow everyone to be able to modify the evidence submitted
It's as easy as not allowing to edit the original evidence. Only allow to add more evidence (some kind of comment system)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom