Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added?

• Total voters

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Nice idea! Sometimes I've had that people kept talking to me. Kinda frustrating, also with the idea that you can create kits is kinda fun. For example, the fight between C4RT and xMqx (Stuttr), it was a long fight. Longer than 10 minutes straight. So, your idea is removing the time in Duels which I agree, but due of the kits, often they last less than a minute. But with selfmade super overpowered kit it can easily take longer than 5 minutes so maybe making it selectable to turn the time for longer or just off might be an idea. Actually, your idea is removing the time, I agree!
Yea, some people have asked for it to be a setting. Honestly, thats fine, as long as you have the option of having a duel that is longer then 5 minutes.

Reactions: Zathelas

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
No, not more fun. There’s nothing wrong with wanting longer fights. Removing the timer would allow those players who like such fights to enjoy their kits in custom duels. Just because you personally dont do long fights in duels doesnt mean that other players dont. Also, theres no avoiding long fights in op eggwars, unless you bowspam. Practicing your endurence and concentration for these long fights in duels would be invaluable in duels, thus why the timer needs to be removed.
theres no point just do a fight with 1 or 2 iron sets itll be fine you are not practising anything by doing anything more than that u are just wasting ur time

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
theres no point just do a fight with 1 or 2 iron sets itll be fine you are not practising anything by doing anything more than that u are just wasting ur time
Im sorry, but if that is actually think that, then you simply dont understand how eggwars works. These sorts of kits can help u practice things like gappling at the right time, and quickly reequipping armor, things that are extremely important in eggwars.
If you could provide more solid eveidence as to why you are so against timer removal, that would help me understand why you are against it. I understand you dont do longer fights in duels, but myself and so many other people do.
Just remember that removing the duel timer isnt going to affect the time of your duels, so its not going to hurt you in anyway.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I personally really like this idea! It's something that would benefit those aiming to use custom kits that utilize longer games. Although I do really want to see something like this added, I feel like the most that can and should be done is extending the duel timer as players can afk to waste server resources. A 30-minute duel timer seems good enough! +1

Reactions: 404Owl

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Allow me to explain how and what Eggwars is, and why this idea would benefit players trying to maximize their skill in most, if not all aspects of the game:
Eggwars is a game that encourages both PVP and strategical play to be used simultaneously. With this in mind, there is a lot of factors that should be taken into place when practicing to get better, rather than pure skill in combat (which is more utilized in a game like Skywars). As you know, games such as Skywars and Lucky Islands do not have a respawn system; making games exponentially shorter in contrast to the unfathomable length of team Eggwar games (generally teams of 4-5 and above). Near the end of these long games, players are acclimated to play extremely cautiously as it's a win or lose situation. Some may not care about the win; and that's totally fine, but others do. Players who strive to achieve a high spot on the leaderboard for instance. To these players, every single skill matters, whether it's agility, striking at the most precise moment, or simply eating your golden apples more efficiently to better conserve your items. The list would go on. Playing Eggwars strategically requires a player to maintain countless elements. Dexterity isn't the only element. Near the end of a long Eggwars game, players are often met with a long and arduous fight. It's hard to practice and get better at these fights as 1. getting into these types of fights takes a lot of time and effort; and 2. these fights would surely last well over the 5 minute limit on duels. If the time limit for duels was extended or made an option for custom kits, players can happily practice these types of skills which weren't previously a possibility due to these limitations. Think of it; if the end of long games became more exhilarating and something to look forward to since players won't just be eating gapples and waiting till their opponent's armour breaks; as there would be many different strategies developed by the community which would make these end-game fights much shorter. Overall, it would benefit both casual players who enjoy longer fights and having a blast with their friends; along with competitive players practicing and maximizing not just their dexterity, but their strategy when approaching longer, more defensive and strategical fights. Please take the time to actually read this; as I hope I was able to explain thoroughly and coherently.

Dreamspqce

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Allow me to explain how and what Eggwars is, and why this idea would benefit players trying to maximize their skill in most, if not all aspects of the game:
Eggwars is a game that encourages both PVP and strategical play to be used simultaneously. With this in mind, there is a lot of factors that should be taken into place when practicing to get better, rather than pure skill in combat (which is more utilized in a game like Skywars). As you know, games such as Skywars and Lucky Islands do not have a respawn system; making games exponentially shorter in contrast to the unfathomable length of team Eggwar games (generally teams of 4-5 and above). Near the end of these long games, players are acclimated to play extremely cautiously as it's a win or lose situation. Some may not care about the win; and that's totally fine, but others do. Players who strive to achieve a high spot on the leaderboard for instance. To these players, every single skill matters, whether it's agility, striking at the most precise moment, or simply eating your golden apples more efficiently to better conserve your items. The list would go on. Playing Eggwars strategically requires a player to maintain countless elements. Dexterity isn't the only element. Near the end of a long Eggwars game, players are often met with a long and arduous fight. It's hard to practice and get better at these fights as 1. getting into these types of fights takes a lot of time and effort; and 2. these fights would surely last well over the 5 minute limit on duels. If the time limit for duels was extended or made an option for custom kits, players can happily practice these types of skills which weren't previously a possibility due to these limitations. Think of it; if the end of long games became more exhilarating and something to look forward to since players won't just be eating gapples and waiting till their opponent's armour breaks; as there would be many different strategies developed by the community which would make these end-game fights much shorter. Overall, it would benefit both casual players who enjoy longer fights and having a blast with their friends; along with competitive players practicing and maximizing not just their dexterity, but their strategy when approaching longer, more defensive and strategical fights. Please take the time to actually read this; as I hope I was able to explain thoroughly and coherently.

Dreamspqce
Thanks for the AMAZING support. These are all exellent points.

@EggCracker12 Just remember that like I said earlier, even if the timer is removed/extended, it wont actually effect you, as youve stated you like shorter fights, so there are no downsides for you.

• Love
Reactions: luv!

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020

Dreamspqce
well first of all to be on the leaderboard you would just /leave games where fights are long because you can win 3 games in 5 minutes (my friends and me have tested this) compared to wasting time in a 1v1 that lasts 5 minutes.
but you are not understanding what im saying. there is not much skill needed in eggwars end of game fights because you just have to notch apple and when you replace armor you can do it easily you dont have to be lightning fast (i admit you have to be lightning fast like pheonixff if you dont use notches but lets be honest why wouldnt you use a notch it only costs 10 diamonds each). gappling too is easy when you have notch apple effect on. all the fights come down to at the end of a eggwars game is who is better at pvp or who used there gold/diamonds best. to improve your pvp you can do it perfectly fine in a 5 minute duel and using gold/diamonds best you cant do in a duel so there is no point making duels longer

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
well first of all to be on the leaderboard you would just /leave games where fights are long because you can win 3 games in 5 minutes (my friends and me have tested this) compared to wasting time in a 1v1 that lasts 5 minutes.
but you are not understanding what im saying. there is not much skill needed in eggwars end of game fights because you just have to notch apple and when you replace armor you can do it easily you dont have to be lightning fast (i admit you have to be lightning fast like pheonixff if you dont use notches but lets be honest why wouldnt you use a notch it only costs 10 diamonds each). gappling too is easy when you have notch apple effect on. all the fights come down to at the end of a eggwars game is who is better at pvp or who used there gold/diamonds best. to improve your pvp you can do it perfectly fine in a 5 minute duel and using gold/diamonds best you cant do in a duel so there is no point making duels longer
You arent understanding. We are saying to remove the duel timer when using custom duels, which you almost always only do with your friends. If your friends dont want to do a long duel, thats fine, its the reason why we suggested it to be a setting. Also, just because you do lots of duels that are less then 5 minutes DOESNT mean youll be good in a longer fights. I could sprint for a minute 60 times with ease, but that doesnt mean i can go for an hour long run. its the same principle with short fights vs long fights. Sure, longer fights dont require more skill, but they do require much more endurence/concentration. As your concentration wears down, so will your skill. Having longer fights helps build endurence. And as i said previously, there are no downsides to you of this being added. If it is added, we arent saying you need to have longer fights, it would just be an option.
Thanks

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
You arent understanding. We are saying to remove the duel timer when using custom duels, which you almost always only do with your friends. If your friends dont want to do a long duel, thats fine, its the reason why we suggested it to be a setting. Also, just because you do lots of duels that are less then 5 minutes DOESNT mean youll be good in a longer fights. I could sprint for a minute 60 times with ease, but that doesnt mean i can go for an hour long run. its the same principle with short fights vs long fights. Sure, longer fights dont require more skill, but they do require much more endurence/concentration. As your concentration wears down, so will your skill. Having longer fights helps build endurence. And as i said previously, there are no downsides to you of this being added. If it is added, we arent saying you need to have longer fights, it would just be an option.
Thanks
well i just dont want to see it and it might lag the server and it will encourage people to have longer fights instead of shorter fights which are better for everyone because games wont take too long

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
well i just dont want to see it and it might lag the server and it will encourage people to have longer fights instead of shorter fights which are better for everyone because games wont take too long
M8 i respect your opinion, but i would ask that you would be a little less narrow minded. As weve said, there are no downsides to you. You can still have short fights, and those who want to have longer fights can have that option.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Like I said; methods that would shorten these types of longer fights would be DEVELOPED by the community if they had the resources available to practice this aspect of the game. Players on the leaderboard who grind to for team wins certainly play on longer games too; just not to the same extent you'd imagine with a player and his/her friends who enjoy these types of playstyles and wants to get better at it. Like I said in the post above, end-game fights are not just about PVP. Simply using a golden apple consistently throughout the entirety of a fight makes it almost impossible for the element of dexterity to come in handy as whoever is able to break the opponent's armour faster wins. Right now, dexterity seems like the only element which should be used in these types of fights but seeing what Minecraft's competitive meta has grown to (e.g. speed bridging, water clutching, etc.), it's completely possible that different strategies for these types of fights would increase over time. Maybe not overnight, but eventually. These types of fights are also enjoyed by the smaller portion of the community who prefers longer and more strategic fights. I understand you dislike them, however, that's not speaking anywhere on behalf of those types of players.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
Like I said; methods that would shorten these types of longer fights would be DEVELOPED by the community if they had the resources available to practice this aspect of the game. Players on the leaderboard who grind to for team wins certainly play on longer games too; just not to the same extent you'd imagine with a player and his/her friends who enjoy these types of playstyles and wants to get better at it. Like I said in the post above, end-game fights are not just about PVP. Simply using a golden apple consistently throughout the entirety of a fight makes it almost impossible for the element of dexterity to come in handy as whoever is able to break the opponent's armour faster wins. Right now, dexterity seems like the only element which should be used in these types of fights but seeing what Minecraft's competitive meta has grown to (e.g. speed bridging, water clutching, etc.), it's completely possible that different strategies for these types of fights would increase over time. Maybe not overnight, but eventually. These types of fights are also enjoyed by the smaller portion of the community who prefers longer and more strategic fights. I understand you dislike them, however, that's not speaking anywhere on behalf of those types of players.
if the fights arent about pvp then why bother practicing it in duels where duels is 100% pvp?????

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
if the fights arent about pvp then why bother practicing it in duels where duels is 100% pvp?????
Fights in most gamemodes arent determined by who has more pvp skill. There are things like reequipimg armor, knowing when to gap, knowing if you have enough health to use steak instead, knowing how to place blocks well, etc. It isnt 100% pvp skill

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Fights in most gamemodes arent determined by who has more pvp skill. There are things like reequipimg armor, knowing when to gap, knowing if you have enough health to use steak instead, knowing how to place blocks well, etc. It isnt 100% pvp skill
@EggCracker12 You need to understand that your pvp would still render yourself useless if strategy and other elements (as stated above by MX11) aren’t taken into consideration. PVP isn’t just sword swinging.

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
@EggCracker12 You need to understand that your pvp would still render yourself useless if strategy and other elements (as stated above by MX11) aren’t taken into consideration. PVP isn’t just sword swinging.
Look the only thing you can practice in duels when it comes to eggwars is gappling sword swinging armor switching and running/placing blocks and you can already do all of that in 5 minutes so you dont need more time

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
well i just dont want to see it and it might lag the server
Just want to point out that this will not lag the server. Our duel servers are already open, you’re just adding a person so keeping a server open for longer won’t affect the server. (This is why 30 minute Skywars or Eggwars games don’t lag)

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
Look the only thing you can practice in duels when it comes to eggwars is gappling sword swinging armor switching and running/placing blocks and you can already do all of that in 5 minutes so you dont need more time
No; just no. Not even going to bother this time since you clearly didn't take the time to read either of me and MX11Anihalated's posts. Going to just end this here. Thanks for taking the time to reply and have a nice day. 👋

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
No; just no. Not even going to bother this time since you clearly didn't take the time to read either of me and MX11Anihalated's posts. Going to just end this here. Thanks for taking the time to reply and have a nice day. 👋
lol so I won yay

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thank you all for these amazing birthday wishes!

They mean a lot to me! ❤️

I wish you all, already a great weekend!
Felt silly so I made a chibi character

1715280054424.png
Thjis wrote on Basketman's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONAS

what would a matriox message be without some chat gpt??

1715267947575.png
Amazinq wrote on Basketman's profile.
happy birthday
Top Bottom