• No

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Okay,
I understand writing in colors is fancy and all that good stuff, but it gets abused all the time.
If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, read this spoiler.
Ranked players have the permission to chat in colors, together with the permission to type in italic or bold.
You can recognize them by their prefixes (Iron, Lapis, Gold, Diamond, Emerald and Obsidian)

Based on simple observation in multiple lobbies, I could clearly see people using colors for following reasons
1) To advertise, this is one of the main reasons people use colors
2) To get attention
3) To wish me a happy newyear :p
4) Other

I understand you want evidence, here you have some

Out of 213 succesful reports, 94 were for advertising.
That is an outstanding 44%

3oYkErl.jpg

ql4bGYz.jpg

xHROgFz.png

(These pictures are examples of average advertisers that I come across every day)
I understand chatting in colors is one of the perks you pay for, but believe me if I say, I didn't pay €101.16 (89.753137 GBP, rounded to 89.75 GBP) to talk in colors.
Players with Iron ranks don't pay €16.84 (14.9411114 GBP, rounded to 14.94 GBP), just for the color-feature.

Removing this would reduce the amount of advertisers and "crowdyness" (due to everyone talking in colors)
To replace the color-feature, add other features by updating vanity
*cough*
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/nice-vanity-update.202605/ by me
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/vanity-menu-update.202523/ by @Siftenly

~Berre

PyjamaBanana

Novice Member
Jan 17, 2017
Not really much to say here.
I like the coloured chat feature. I agree it wasn't why I bought emerald rank in the first place (or obsidian rank today :)) but it is nice.

I don't agree with this simply because coloured chat is a ranked feature and something that is nice to have. Yes, I agree people abuse it to advertise their channels or streams by they will be punished for over advertising and it doesn't make that much difference to me that they put it in chat every 10 minutes. The point about getting attention doesn't really make sense to me, when I'm talking in chat I just talk in the normal colour, this is what the vast majority of ranked players do. If players are spamming colourful, bold messages in your chat they will be punished for it. ^o^

If it is removed (which I hope it isn't) I would like ranked players chat to be in a brighter or bolder colour therefore attracting a bit more attention (like on a certain, very large server).

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Taking away another one of the few extra perks ranked players still have, brilliant idea!

Removing this would reduce the amount of advertisers and "crowdyness" (due to everyone talking in colors)
*cough*

~Berre

Maybe read the whole thread before commenting. Thanks already

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
“GIVING AWAY HYLXL RANK” Lmao. Anyways, I hate color chat too but I don’t think removing it is a good thing. If people advertise just report them :shrug:.
I can't keep reporting those people because they're just everywhere, in every lobby, every game, ...
A Dutch expression says "beter voorkomen dan genezen", which (translated, it'll sound dumb for English people) means "prevention is better than cure"

I could keep and keep reporting them, but those reports always take at least a day. So they get the subscribers and attention they want anyways

I understand your problem but c'mon :c fancy colors :c
But serious, they don't need to remove colours, but they do need to do something about all these ads
I don't see what else we could do than just removing colors. Yes, we could block some more words out off the chat (like "livestream", "channel" and "subscribe")
But then this would happen: "S8bcrlbe to my chammel"
Understand what I mean?

Not really much to say here.
I like the coloured chat feature. I agree it wasn't why I bought emerald rank in the first place (or obsidian rank today :)) but it is nice.

I don't agree with this simply because coloured chat is a ranked feature and something that is nice to have. Yes, I agree people abuse it to advertise their channels or streams by they will be punished for over advertising and it doesn't make that much difference to me that they put it in chat every 10 minutes. The point about getting attention doesn't really make sense to me, when I'm talking in chat I just talk in the normal colour, this is what the vast majority of ranked players do. If players are spamming colourful, bold messages in your chat they will be punished for it. ^o^

If it is removed (which I hope it isn't) I would like ranked players chat to be in a brighter or bolder colour therefore attracting a bit more attention (like on a certain, very large server).
I think I gave clear examples of what I mean with attention. Basically, as soon as someone talks in colors it's for attention.
And oh, you want ranked players to get more attention? That's discriminating Stone players, which is just dumb.

I know it's annoying that ranked players (ab)use their colour code permissions to advertise but removing colour codes won't stop them from advertising I think.
And sometimes it's fun to type in colour if your friends don't respond or are blind. xD
I think they definitely abuse colors most of the time (evidence in thread).
I understand using colors can be fun, but I don't think keeping them just for fun, whilst they're hundreds of advertisers out there using colors too, is a good option.

Maybe try thinking before you post an edgy reply, you're suggesting to get rid of a freaking perk that has been here since like 2013, perhaps you should check your reading abilities instead and try to understand that my comment did make sense, adding new vanity perks does not make removing other vanity perks less of a problem as coloured chat might have been one of the reasons for someone to purchase the rank in the past, ThAnkS aLrEaDy.
Please stay respectful. I replied to your comment with respect, asking you to read the whole thread. I do not think saying my "reading abilities" aren't on point is really nice. Also "freaking" just shows how toxic/disrespectful you are right now.
You said it would take away another perk of the few that ranks already have, and that's exactly why I linked 2 vanity suggestions.
And also, like I said in the thread, someone buying a rank just for the colors is rarely
I understand chatting in colors is one of the perks you pay for, but believe me if I say, I didn't pay €101.16 (89.753137 GBP, rounded to 89.75 GBP) to talk in colors.
Players with Iron ranks don't pay €16.84 (14.9411114 GBP, rounded to 14.94 GBP), just for the color-feature.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
It's one of the few perks the iron rank has as many stated so I don't think they would remove it any time soon.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Because they'll keep spamming they they should all check their livestream/video/channel

Adding more things to the chat filter? :c
I meant, you don't want to remove colors
but they do need to do something about all these ads
They should indeed do something about it, removing colors is something that I think would help.
Apart from that, what else could we do to fix it?
And then, I meant, apart from removing the colors, we could indeed add more words to chat filter. But players would bypass it again
My bad, I'm new here so I was not fully aware of the fact that people around here might not be able to handle realness. Anyhow,

I guess my name is rarely because coloured chat was indeed one of the reasons I bought a rank, I guess you should start talking more about YOUR opinion instead of talking for the community as a whole, speak for yourself.
There is a (clear) diffirence between "realness" and "respect"
Do you want me to do a strawpoll asking people why they bought a rank? 0.01% for the colors. 95% for the voting option and 4.99% for vanity stuff and coolness
Since you're indeed new here, I linked the rules for you.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

It's one of the few perks the iron rank has as many stated so I don't think they would remove it any time soon.
Just going to copy something of my thread, in case you didn't read it closely enough

*cough*

~Berre

I will just keep reporting them.
As I mentioned earlier, those reports take a few days to be reviewed, advertisers got the subscribers and viewers they want by that time

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
They should indeed do something about it, removing colors is something that I think would help.
Apart from that, what else could we do to fix it?
And then, I meant, apart from removing the colors, we could indeed add more words to chat filter. But players would bypass it again
I don't know.. But removing colours isn't gonna work either.. People will still advertise their channel..

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
lol you went and counted

Personally I don't think that it is an issue. And honestly, I don't report people for advertising their streams as I hate the rule against doing so. If you don't like colors, then don't use them.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Okay,
I understand writing in colors is fancy and all that good stuff, but it gets abused all the time.
Ranked players have the permission to chat in colors, together with the permission to type in italic or bold.
You can recognize them by their prefixes (Iron, Lapis, Gold, Diamond, Emerald and Obsidian)

Based on simple observation in multiple lobbies, I could clearly see people using colors for following reasons
2) To get attention
4) Other

3oYkErl.jpg

ql4bGYz.jpg

xHROgFz.png

(These pictures are examples of average advertisers that I come across every day)

*cough*

~Berre

YOU READ MY MIND

Dec 4, 2017
Okay,

2) To get attention
4) Other

3oYkErl.jpg

ql4bGYz.jpg

xHROgFz.png

*cough*

~Berre

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I would simply restrict what colors you can use, i dont have your issue i have the issue ranks using bad colors such as black or dark blue which is so hard to see

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
There is a setting to remove colors from chat so everything is white, options, chat settings, chat colors, and turn it off, the things you get for ranks already are pathetic as it is, no need to make it more bad. However removing bold, underlined and italicised words would probably prevent some advertising.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Okay,

2) To get attention
4) Other

3oYkErl.jpg

ql4bGYz.jpg

xHROgFz.png

*cough*

~Berre

Just report them if it really bothers you even if you have 94 reports from advertising, just move to a different lobby, or just stay in the lobby and deal with it. The colored chat is a perk and players who bought ranks for this feature would hate to be scammed like that.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳
Xi1m wrote on Kloska's profile.