Not open for further replies.

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey!

As of the recent time, CubeCraft should be removing the Asian servers. Their present presence is unnecessary. To help you understand my view on this suggestion, I will provide you with all the information you need.

I've monitored Asian servers for over a month now, and these are the results:
P.S: I will use the Central European timezone to avoid misunderstandings.

- It is wasteful of servers to have from 2 to 7 max in the Asian server from morning until evening. In the late hours of the night, the server gains a maximum of 10 - 20 players.
- As there haven't been enough games to launch lately, players have to wait a long time in the lobby for a match to appear.
- The majority of Java players are from either the Middle East, Europe, or North America, so their pings may be unplayable.
- As an example of the bugs in Asian servers, I found a bug in the plus message when you join the server with a plus rank, the plus message might not appear, and emotes will not work if it showed up.

Having more games on European and North American servers would be beneficial and having more enjoyable for the players. It would be a good idea for them to fix these two servers in order to improve the server experience.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I wanted to clear up a few things, as it seems like you are understanding the Asian servers incorrectly.
As there haven't been enough games to launch lately, players have to wait a long time in the lobby for a match to appear.
During off peak Asian times, the servers get disabled. Nobody is able to join Asian servers apart from lobbies during that time, and the same happens with NA servers. This means that the decrease in waiting time is not caused by the Asian servers, as those would be disabled during their off peak times, and actually increasing waiting times.

As an example of the bugs in Asian servers, I found a bug in the plus message when you join the server with a plus rank, the plus message might not appear, and emotes will not work if it showed up.
This is not an issue related to Asian servers, seen it also occurs on EU and NA lobbies. The network is the same on EU, NA and AS, it just connects you to our server from a different place.

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
During off peak Asian times, the servers get disabled. Nobody is able to join Asian servers apart from lobbies during that time, and the same happens with NA servers. This means that the decrease in waiting time is not caused by the Asian servers, as those would be disabled during their off peak times, and actually increasing waiting times.
I apologize for the confusion. This part was supposed to exchange Asian servers with European and North American ones.
This is not an issue related to Asian servers, seen it also occurs on EU and NA lobbies. The network is the same on EU, NA and AS, it just connects you to our server from a different place.

Yes, according to what I've noticed, that happens a lot on Asian servers. On NA or EU servers I never encountered it.
The heart of making this suggestion which is Java doesn't need servers from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
Top Bottom