Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Elissaios

Dec 22, 2016
UK
Hi,

I have not been on the forums or even on Cubecraft for a while as I have been busy with personal issues so I am not so sure if this has been suggested before, but regardless I am still quite disappointed by the fact that this has not been implemented for this long despite many other minigame servers having implemented the following suggestion even before I temporarily quit Cubecraft.

I have a good, but relatively unstable internet connection in my household, and often times it can cut off for a few seconds at a time, causing me to disconnect from a game, often times one that I have been heavily invested in regarding time or even effort. Usually after these few seconds my internet connection is fine, however, I won't be able to continue playing the game I was in, causing me to lose it simply because of a small blip in my connection.

As I have said, many other minigame servers have added a solution to this issue by allowing users to rejoin any games even as a spectator by typing a simple command such as '/rejoin', and I don't know how difficult it might be (perhaps users can only join a game before it has started?) but even so, surely if many other servers have done it, a server such as Cubecraft should be fully capable of doing this too.

I have also mentioned in my past posts about leavers or rage quitters. In many other popular competitive video games, these players are often punished if they repeatedly disconnect from a team game for leaving their team to their fate, even if the game was lost, usually in form of a cooldown or timeout that prevents said player from entering any more games. I believe something similar would help the user experience on this server by dissuading people from simply leaving the game despite the game not being over, allowing for any team games to remain fair and equal. Of course, exceptions could be to those that lose connection non-purposefully, which a system could determine by searching through server logs to see whether the player disconnected or lost connection accidentally. I do acknowledge some players, if the exceptions would be allowed, may even go as far as to cut their connection off to avoid this cooldown, however I think that that would constitute a very small minority and thus would be irrelevant.

To summarize, I have two suggestions: that people who may be disadvantaged regarding their connection should be able to rejoin a game if they so wish to in order to play the game out and potentially win any games they would've otherwise lost due to them not being able to rejoin the game, which could be done by adding a simple command as other servers have done such as '/rejoin', and also for players who purposefully disconnect to be given a punishment for ruining the experience of other players, with possible exceptions being those who didn't disconnect but lost connection which can be checked through the server logs.

Ahs_Master

Apr 16, 2017
In my studio
www.youtube.com
Hi,

I have not been on the forums or even on Cubecraft for a while as I have been busy with personal issues so I am not so sure if this has been suggested before, but regardless I am still quite disappointed by the fact that this has not been implemented for this long despite many other minigame servers having implemented the following suggestion even before I temporarily quit Cubecraft.

I have a good, but relatively unstable internet connection in my household, and often times it can cut off for a few seconds at a time, causing me to disconnect from a game, often times one that I have been heavily invested in regarding time or even effort. Usually after these few seconds my internet connection is fine, however, I won't be able to continue playing the game I was in, causing me to lose it simply because of a small blip in my connection.

As I have said, many other minigame servers have added a solution to this issue by allowing users to rejoin any games even as a spectator by typing a simple command such as '/rejoin', and I don't know how difficult it might be (perhaps users can only join a game before it has started?) but even so, surely if many other servers have done it, a server such as Cubecraft should be fully capable of doing this too.

I have also mentioned in my past posts about leavers or rage quitters. In many other popular competitive video games, these players are often punished if they repeatedly disconnect from a team game for leaving their team to their fate, even if the game was lost, usually in form of a cooldown or timeout that prevents said player from entering any more games. I believe something similar would help the user experience on this server by dissuading people from simply leaving the game despite the game not being over, allowing for any team games to remain fair and equal. Of course, exceptions could be to those that lose connection non-purposefully, which a system could determine by searching through server logs to see whether the player disconnected or lost connection accidentally. I do acknowledge some players, if the exceptions would be allowed, may even go as far as to cut their connection off to avoid this cooldown, however I think that that would constitute a very small minority and thus would be irrelevant.

To summarize, I have two suggestions: that people who may be disadvantaged regarding their connection should be able to rejoin a game if they so wish to in order to play the game out and potentially win any games they would've otherwise lost due to them not being able to rejoin the game, which could be done by adding a simple command as other servers have done such as '/rejoin', and also for players who purposefully disconnect to be given a punishment for ruining the experience of other players, with possible exceptions being those who didn't disconnect but lost connection which can be checked through the server logs.
Yes i agree with that /rejoin command but the developers have to develop a LOT!!! So maybe @andyschofie can say yes or no.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Yes i agree with that /rejoin command but the developers have to develop a LOT!!! So maybe @andyschofie can say yes or no.
Andy is a website Developer ;)

People who disconnected from a game due to their internet should be able to rejon, yes. But you shouldn't be able to rejoin if.
  • You have been kicked by a Helper for using illegal client modifications.
  • You disconnected the game yourself because you were almost eliminated, so your egg has been destroyed already.

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
Hi,

Yeah That Would Be Cool

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head
I'm with you man, it's sometimes annoying if you can't join if you're internet is too slow, it would be cool if you've got a rejoin command or something else, i'd like to see this on CubeCraft too.
Good sugesstion.

Flaxic

Feb 8, 2017
Andy is a website Developer ;)

People who disconnected from a game due to their internet should be able to rejon, yes. But you shouldn't be able to rejoin if.
  • You have been kicked by a Helper for using illegal client modifications.
  • You disconnected the game yourself because you were almost eliminated, so your egg has been destroyed already.
Yes! iCheeetah has a good point/idea!

Reactions: Ducky
Dec 23, 2016
Australia
www.youtube.com
@Elissaios Could you perhaps specify which games you would like to see the be recontinued after disconnecting. It has been abused on other servers before and I think if you could specify games such as all team games or even break it down further as to say team eggwars etc. it would provide a clearer picture for developers and admins. Otherwise I agree with the rejoining but, the paragraph on rage quit gamers, not so much. This may cause many problems and yes it is annoying and having the suspension for a short period of time is a FANTASTIC idea however, like you said people may just disconnect themselves and like @iCheeetah said people rage quit via disconnecting too. Developing this is not impossible but, it seems like a fairly difficult task.

Reactions: Ducky
I agree but only if you get a certain amount of time to rejoin the game. Some games especially in eggwars can take very long. I think it would be unfair for other players if you just could rejoin a game while you were gone for 30 minutes. It would also be a little bit weird to have team illuminated and than it suddenly comes back because someone rejoins. This is not a real problem tho but I wouldn't like it if I only have to fight one more team after a long game and suddenly two. :/

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

YASSSS PLEASE!!!
This would be so helpful!!!

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hi,

Despite how much I want this (/rejoin) to get added in, this means kicked players can come back and countinue to the ruin the game, which means there won't be a point kicking a player.

lilHatch

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
United States
I was actually thinking about making a thread about quitters too, glad I found this one first. I have experienced many people just leaving a game and having to try to win all by myself. Hope staff puts this into action.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom