Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jul 4, 2017
Survival Games, SkyWars, EggWars, UHC, Lucky Islands... These are the vanilla combat games on Cubecraft. Each game has a different method of resource gathering. Some games place you on floating isles and others in a survival setting. EggWars lets you respawn and UHC doesn't have natural regen. But at the end of the day, all of them have the same goal: Be the last man/team standing.

This is where BlockWars comes in. It is the only vanilla combat game on the server where lives are unlimited; where player elimination is not the only end goal; where one does not need to waste time suiting up and can just go fight the good fight. It's a wonderful breath of stale air.

BlockWars has great potential to be a unique and exciting game on the server to rival the likes of EggWars, but the game is plagued with seriously troubled design and uninteresting combat. The following suggestion is how to fix the biggest of these issues: the block-placing system.

The Problem:
BlockWars is divided into three phases: Building, Fighting, Overtime. The first phase is the only one in which blocks can be placed, and they can only be placed on the team's own side. Each player has 72 blocks + a trap that they can place, and there is nothing more than a 2-block radius around the flag to prevent people from placing blocks anywhere. The central issue with this building phase is that there is absolutely no reason not to just dump all of one's blocks in front of the 1-2 entrances to the flag/core and call it a day. There's no incentive for anyone to make interesting fortresses, pathways, walls, or anything else, because all of them are either barely useful or would be better spent making a larger glob of clay around the thing you're supposed to be defending.

This is made even worse by the awful equipment the different kits have - everyone's running around with bare-bones armor and weaponry, and nothing better than wooden or stone picks to chug through at least 8 layers of blocks in the enemy base. And then of course
everyone has Mining Fatigue just to slow everything down even more; swords swing slower and picks take ages to mine a single block. The only saving grace is that one kit that can use tnt every 40 seconds, which nobody on the other team can do anything to stop.

Every game ends up being a stalemate; I have yet to see a single game end before the Fighting phase timer ran out that wasn't a 3/0 wipeout.

The Solution:
  • Remove Mining Fatigue - This will speed up the combat and the base-invading process
  • All broken blocks drop themselves, not just when Miners mine them - Instead of the game being about a pre-made cocoon around the flag/core being slowly taken apart, this will allow for constant dynamic changes to each team's base, and allows for interesting combat where mid-battle block placement skill is now a factor.
  • Miner gets Gold pickaxe as compensation
  • Remove Building phase - players get 64 blocks and a trap that do not restock and are preserved between lives (you always respawn with the same number of blocks you died with) - This one is huge. In order to keep people from just building giant clumps of clay around their flag/core, simply don't give them the time to do so. Now if a player spends the first moments of the game building around the base, they have to consider the cost of losing those blocks for later, and must be prepared at any moment to defend their structure from the enemy.
Potential Extra Ideas:
  • Buff players' gear by one level (Wood is now Stone, Leather now Chain, etc.)
  • Give players more trap blocks

Jul 4, 2017
This is a really good idea! +1!

They should also put Blockwars in 1.8.9, I would play that more often then.

I have no sympathy for people who want 1.8 pvp, honestly. You have literally every other pvp server in the universe to play on; let us have one.

(And if Cubecraft's current 1.8 systems are any indication, there wouldn't be much effort or proper balancing in it anyways because they have to focus on the core 1.9+ mode).

(Speaking of which why does Cube still support 1.9-1.11? Just update to 1.12 officiall for Pete's sake.)

tingiman

May 8, 2017
United States
I have no sympathy for people who want 1.8 pvp, honestly. You have literally every other pvp server in the universe to play on; let us have one.

(And if Cubecraft's current 1.8 systems are any indication, there wouldn't be much effort or proper balancing in it anyways because they have to focus on the core 1.9+ mode).

(Speaking of which why does Cube still support 1.9-1.11? Just update to 1.12 officiall for Pete's sake.)
I agree, there are literally hundreds of other servers for 1.8 style PVP, but I like cubecraft.

Jul 4, 2017
I agree, there are literally hundreds of other servers for 1.8 style PVP, but I like cubecraft.

Well, could you try to like 1.9+ combat a little better? I mean, I know Cubecraft isn't exactly the best server for showcasing it with the lag, poor game balancing, and hackers all around...

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016

Almost all my friends quit minecraft just because blockwars switched to 1.8, do you have any sympathy for that? And also, besides this, I like your thread for blockwars. +1

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Blockwars is the blandest form of ctf/ "core" I'be ever seen. The defensive strategies are nothing in comparison to games like annihilation that are much better core games and the combat and team strategies are terrible compared to the ctf server you and I play on. Full support from me with these changes.

Reactions: Despacito 2
Jul 4, 2017
when the chunk merged with cube, most of them said that they would have kept playing if blockwars was 1.8

And I've basically stopped playing every other big server because they won't update to 1.9, so neither of the groups are getting what they want. It just so happens that the 1.9+ group has it way worse because a large number of people who don't like 1.9+ don't even understand or want to understand how it really plays, and we only have this one server to play big games on; we have nowhere else to go if we don't like Cube.

Reactions: Despacito 2
Jul 4, 2017
Blockwars is the blandest form of ctf/ "core" I've ever seen. The defensive strategies are nothing in comparison to games like annihilation that are much better core games and the combat and team strategies are terrible compared to the ctf server you and I play on. Full support from me with these changes.

(wait you play on B**** I forgot that)

Yea BlockWars is very bare-bones, and the only plus-side to it is that it's in 1.9+... but this suggestion isn't going to fix this entirely, because what makes that CTF so interesting is the versatility and expansiveness of the classes, and what makes Annihilation interesting is the larger scope (although I don't like how campy that game is, either).

Reactions: Power Ranger

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

(Speaking of which why does Cube still support 1.9-1.11? Just update to 1.12 official for Pete's sake.)
Cubecraft is the only server that is actually fun in 1.8. All other servers have too many hackers, seriously. A whole lot of people get false banned from hypixel everyday which is why hypixel is the worst server ever. People disagree because they are just hypixel fan boys who don't want to admit that hypixel is bad. Mineplex is dead, badlion has too many hackers with 6 block reach, etc.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Cubecraft is the only server that is actually fun in 1.8. All other servers have too many hackers, seriously. A whole lot of people get false banned from hypixel everyday which is why hypixel is the worst server ever. People disagree because they are just hypixel fan boys who don't want to admit that hypixel is bad. Mineplex is dead, badlion has too many hackers with 6 block reach, etc.
Your right about people getting false banned on hypixel, but your half wrong about other servers having a lot of hackers, I've seen a lot of hackers in skywars and egg wars, you can ask staffs that play with tacosbefriends, every time I go in discord with them, I hear the recording a hacker. Also, skywars players also team in solo a lot, again, ask staffs that play with tacosbefriends about this. And also, legit people in 1.9 get banned from Sentinel too. Am I correct @Jeff_Bllkth? And also, cube has only 2 games in 1.8, while hypixel has a lot of games. And by the way, I'm kind of a hypixel fan. And one last thing, badlion has a better anti cheat then cube.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Survival Games, SkyWars, EggWars, UHC, Lucky Islands... These are the vanilla combat games on Cubecraft. Each game has a different method of resource gathering. Some games place you on floating isles and others in a survival setting. EggWars lets you respawn and UHC doesn't have natural regen. But at the end of the day, all of them have the same goal: Be the last man/team standing.

This is where BlockWars comes in. It is the only vanilla combat game on the server where lives are unlimited; where player elimination is not the only end goal; where one does not need to waste time suiting up and can just go fight the good fight. It's a wonderful breath of stale air.

BlockWars has great potential to be a unique and exciting game on the server to rival the likes of EggWars, but the game is plagued with seriously troubled design and uninteresting combat. The following suggestion is how to fix the biggest of these issues: the block-placing system.

The Problem:
BlockWars is divided into three phases: Building, Fighting, Overtime. The first phase is the only one in which blocks can be placed, and they can only be placed on the team's own side. Each player has 72 blocks + a trap that they can place, and there is nothing more than a 2-block radius around the flag to prevent people from placing blocks anywhere. The central issue with this building phase is that there is absolutely no reason not to just dump all of one's blocks in front of the 1-2 entrances to the flag/core and call it a day. There's no incentive for anyone to make interesting fortresses, pathways, walls, or anything else, because all of them are either barely useful or would be better spent making a larger glob of clay around the thing you're supposed to be defending.

This is made even worse by the awful equipment the different kits have - everyone's running around with bare-bones armor and weaponry, and nothing better than wooden or stone picks to chug through at least 8 layers of blocks in the enemy base. And then of course
everyone has Mining Fatigue just to slow everything down even more; swords swing slower and picks take ages to mine a single block. The only saving grace is that one kit that can use tnt every 40 seconds, which nobody on the other team can do anything to stop.

Every game ends up being a stalemate; I have yet to see a single game end before the Fighting phase timer ran out that wasn't a 3/0 wipeout.

The Solution:
  • Remove Mining Fatigue - This will speed up the combat and the base-invading process
  • All broken blocks drop themselves, not just when Miners mine them - Instead of the game being about a pre-made cocoon around the flag/core being slowly taken apart, this will allow for constant dynamic changes to each team's base, and allows for interesting combat where mid-battle block placement skill is now a factor.
  • Miner gets Gold pickaxe as compensation
  • Remove Building phase - players get 64 blocks and a trap that do not restock and are preserved between lives (you always respawn with the same number of blocks you died with) - This one is huge. In order to keep people from just building giant clumps of clay around their flag/core, simply don't give them the time to do so. Now if a player spends the first moments of the game building around the base, they have to consider the cost of losing those blocks for later, and must be prepared at any moment to defend their structure from the enemy.
Potential Extra Ideas:
  • Buff players' gear by one level (Wood is now Stone, Leather now Chain, etc.
Meh, I disagree and I bet most of my friends who play Blockwars will disagree too.

Build phase: Not every people has the same skills to protect the wool which teamwork is needed during this phase to have the game on your side. Simple as that.
If you place blocks wrongly, someone else could fix and improve it.

Mining fatigue:
Nope, we already have the limit of flags captured. If mining fatigue is removed, the game would last 2 minutes as maximum, I know what I am saying.

Dropped blocks: It's supossed to be a good advantage for Miner kit.
"I have runner (or whatever) kit, we don't have more blocks on my team so I will go to the other base, not to take the flag but to get blocks and come back to my base" Live camping!!

Miner gets Gold pickaxe as compensation
Are you serious? I don't take this as compensation, Miner kit will be pretty useless by then.

Give players more trap blocks
I can agree, 2 or 3 more would be good.

Reactions: Aurora
Jul 4, 2017
Meh, I disagree and I bet most of my friends who play Blockwars will disagree too.

Build phase: Not every people has the same skills to protect the wool which teamwork is needed during this phase to have the game on your side. Simple as that.
If you place blocks wrongly, someone else could fix and improve it.

Mining fatigue:
Nope, we already have the limit of flags captured. If mining fatigue is removed, the game would last 2 minutes as maximum, I know what I am saying.

Dropped blocks: It's supossed to be a good advantage for Miner kit.
"I have runner (or whatever) kit, we don't have more blocks on my team so I will go to the other base, not to take the flag but to get blocks and come back to my base" Live camping!!

Gold pick is pretty darn fast...

Anyways, I guess we don't need dropped blocks, as long as everyone gets a limited number of blocks to use during the fighting phase...

I suggested getting rid of mining fatigue because currently games always last too long, and because I've also just suggested giving everyone blocks to use in the fighting phase so there would be more blocks to dig in general.

I'm just not sure how much "teamwork and skill" there really is to the build phase that would be lost in just giving people the blocks to use in the fighting phase; so a person places a block in a place you don't like and you can't quickly move it (without Miner); why is that so bad?

Jul 4, 2017
So hey we've got 13 "likes" on this suggestion, 113 views, and only one dissenting player... any mods or admins wanna pick up this suggestion and work with it?

A

A pigeon

The building phase , lack of innovation and the kits are what drove me to dislike blockwars despite seeing its potential. I agree with all in this thread.

There should be better traps , less blocks on the whole and revamped , spacious maps.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Actually, when I come back to this thread, I can tell that this may ruin the whole blockwars game and the whole goal of the game

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
Top Bottom