Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like these ideas?

• I liked both of the messages.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • I didn't like those messsages. (Please explain why)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I only liked the In-game chat message. (Please explain why)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I only liked the Forums message. (Please explain why)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exull

Jan 3, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
Hello there!

What is my suggestion?
I am suggesting to add a small message in chat for the new players of our amazing server. This message will only be shown to the players that join the server for the first time. Same thing with the forums: when someone creates an account on the Forums, the message will pop-up.

The messages

The message for the in-game chat would look like this:
"Hello <username>!
Welcome to our amazing community!

To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time playing our games, we would recommend you to read our Official Rules on our website.
You can find the rules via this link ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

Now it's time for you to enjoy our games!

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

The message for the Forums would look like this:
"Hello <Forums username>!
To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time on our forums we would recommend you to read our Official Forum Rules.
You can find the rules via this link ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/
Now it's time for you to enjoy our Forums!

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

Why would this be useful?

This would probably increase the amount of players that actually read the rules. Consequently less players would break the rules unintentionally.

Note:
These messages would not force the new players to read the rules. The messages are just recommendations.

Thank you for reading. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Please do not forget to vote in the poll.:D

Last edited:

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
Hello there!

What is my suggestion?
I am suggesting to add a small message in chat for the new players of our amazing server. This message will only be shown to the players that join the server for the first time. Same thing with the forums: when someone creates an account on the Forums, the message will pop-up.

The messages

"Hello <username>!

To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time playing our games, we would recommend you to read our Official Rules on our website.

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time on our forums we would recommend you to read our Official Forum Rules.

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

This would probably increase the amount of players that actually read the rules. Consequently less players would break the rules unintentionally.

Note:
These messages would not force the new players to read the rules. The messages are just recommendations.

Yeah That Will Be Useful Instead Of People That I Have Reported Come To My Video And Say There's no rule state that teaming is not allowed and they didn't even read the rules

Reactions: Exull
Yes, I think that this should definitely be added! After I recorded I usually tell the rule breakers in chat that they will be punished accordingly. Then they start to ask for what? And then I have to say for teaming, this is not allowed by the Cubecraft rules for example. Then they start to say that it is allowed and you can't ban us for it. Than I have to start a whole conversation with them trying to get them to read the Cubecraft rules. This feels like a waste of my time. There will probably be a lot of people who will click ''no'' or ''cancel'' but there will still be people who actually take the advice. It should not be hard to implement this so I say why not? It won't stop all the rulebreakers of course but it might reduce the amount:). +1 from me.

Reactions: Soeshi and Exull

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
This could prevent newer people from breaking rules that they didn't know about, so I do agree! ;)

I was just thinking, that maybe the message could also have some of the commands @jollow250 have suggested, like the /report.

Last edited:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
This will increase the percentage of people who really read the Official Rules and so it'll decrease the percentage of people who just haven't or didn't even read the Official Rules (yet). I support this idea.

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
This will prevent situations with people who are new on Minecraft. Let me explain.
I played on other servers before I joined Cubecraft. I didn't read the rules of Cubecraft because I already read them on another server. Of course the rules may be a slightly different but they are quite the same.
I do like this suggestion but I don't think they are going to be a big help. It'll only be a help for new people on Minecraft and not on the server.
I do really like the link of the Forum Rules because the Forum Rules of Cubecraft are different than other servers.
Although I do not mind the suggestion, I don't think it will help a lot of players.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Here this is a great suggestion I think however the problem is not every player speaks the same language, if it was a cut and dry short message that said type /rules somewhere in it absolutely

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
It's a good suggestion. I've got to be honest.

Jollow, think could do different pages for different languages. Quite easy.

W

Woutvde17

This a really good idea, many new players dont read the rules and then they dont know what is allowed and what not.
So i agree! :)

TruePengu

Jul 3, 2017
I see haw this could be useful. This is because so many people don't read them. This will make more people read them and give them less of an excuse if they don't know that a rule exists.

CampersDontWin

Aug 25, 2016
Belgium
Hello there!

What is my suggestion?

The messages

"Hello <username>!

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

Note:

Please do not forget to vote in the poll.:D

This should definitly be added for rulebreakers, why not? +1

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
I agree with this as it could be beneficial to all of the newer players joining Cubecraft. Since most players do not know what the forums is when they first log on this could potentially decrease the amount of rule breakers on the server. It would also be the players own fault if they choose to disregard the rules and therefore they could not use that as their argument. On the forums I believe that this could be useful as many members still necro-post to this day. Maybe when you first join on the forums you get a private message stating the rules in your primary language. I think that this is a very useful thread that would help decrease the amount of rule-breakers on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy brithdta
Good morning Cube <3 Off to work >.<
Have a nice day everyone xx
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Top Bottom