Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

FintheTin

Sep 21, 2020
I personally rarely camp, in some games i camp up high and use a stair trap and on the discord, people were commenting if it was good or not. YOU CAN'T BAN PEOPLE FOR USING A TACTIC. Yes, it is an annoying tactic, but you get that in every game, people in minerware play to stop others winning, will they ban that, people sit on their base in eggwars, that is annoying and makes a win far more satisfying

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
I personally rarely camp, in some games i camp up high and use a stair trap and on the discord, people were commenting if it was good or not. YOU CAN'T BAN PEOPLE FOR USING A TACTIC. Yes, it is an annoying tactic, but you get that in every game, people in minerware play to stop others winning, will they ban that, people sit on their base in eggwars, that is annoying and makes a win far more satisfying

Hey!

I disagree with this. I think it should be punishment because not all players use build up tactics and use a bow, but others even make it impossible to climb up a tall tower since they use lava and make the process even more impossible, so they should learn a lesson with a punishment and not do it again as it makes the game longer and even more difficult to win.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Here’s our current camping rule:
Camping is defined as intentionally avoiding playing the game as intended by making it impossible or near impossible to access you. Camping is strictly prohibited. Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate. Shop camping in assassins is not punishable, however it is discouraged as it can cause frustrations among the players. Camping in Eggwars does not apply to players farming generators for resources or to players defending their egg.
Personally, I think it should stay the same as it prevents people from causing hour long games :)

GreySwag

Sep 13, 2020
I agree, but I think you posted this more as a rant. The argument I stand behind is simple. Imagine you're playing a game like fortnite, but you are a terribke shot. You must find a different strategy to win your game. Some people might build way up in the sky and others might hide in a bush. Some may place traps and hide inside buildings. There are endless strategies. At one point, it was OP to skybase against console players because they couldn't fully render the built walls and ramps. Fortnite didn't add into their TOS saying you cannot skybase, instead they just lowered the build height. This made the strategy less viable to use, but you could still luck a win out of it. You could apply this to CubeCraft. Instead of making a rule suppressing the use of strategy, you could make ingame mechanic the hinders the strategies. Such as a lower build limit to combat skybases, bows maybe harder to acquire, a world crumbling effect near the end of the game to stop people from hiding, etc... I just do not believe that camping should be apart of a server's rules, that's all. Although I doubt anything I say can change something, that is why I have not made a suggestion yet,

- Here is another argument | If it is such a great and needed rule, why doesn't every server have it? Such as hypixel on java? Or mineplex? I just cannot understand the reasoning behind the rule.. So players who want people to run around and PvP everyone will stop complaining? They should be more careful against such players, and create a counter strategy fighting it.

---- One thing about this argument is it is impossible to win. Most people who have a forum account, I am assuming, take cube craft seriously. So most likely they are gonna be people who just want to play competitively and not want to deal with people trying to even the playing field. So trying to argue camping is OK and people need suck it up would be impossible.

---- If you are able to get under the map, you should be allowed to do it. If you can build 50 blocks into the air, then you should be allowed to. The game should hinder players ability to do it, not make it against the rules.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 554749

Camping can be warned if done excessively. Such as camping and skybasing: The idea of it ruins the game. People camp and glitch inside things to evade any controntations. Cubecrafts fansbase for eggwars can’t be purely campers, that would ruin the game

D

Deleted member 554749

I agree, but I think you posted this more as a rant. The argument I stand behind is simple. Imagine you're playing a game like fortnite, but you are a terribke shot. You must find a different strategy to win your game. Some people might build way up in the sky and others might hide in a bush. Some may place traps and hide inside buildings. There are endless strategies. At one point, it was OP to skybase against console players because they couldn't fully render the built walls and ramps. Fortnite didn't add into their TOS saying you cannot skybase, instead they just lowered the build height. This made the strategy less viable to use, but you could still luck a win out of it. You could apply this to CubeCraft. Instead of making a rule suppressing the use of strategy, you could make ingame mechanic the hinders the strategies. Such as a lower build limit to combat skybases, bows maybe harder to acquire, a world crumbling effect near the end of the game to stop people from hiding, etc... I just do not believe that camping should be apart of a server's rules, that's all. Although I doubt anything I say can change something, that is why I have not made a suggestion yet,

- Here is another argument | If it is such a great and needed rule, why doesn't every server have it? Such as hypixel on java? Or mineplex? I just cannot understand the reasoning behind the rule.. So players who want people to run around and PvP everyone will stop complaining? They should be more careful against such players, and create a counter strategy fighting it.

---- One thing about this argument is it is impossible to win. Most people who have a forum account, I am assuming, take cube craft seriously. So most likely they are gonna be people who just want to play competitively and not want to deal with people trying to even the playing field. So trying to argue camping is OK and people need suck it up would be impossible.

---- If you are able to get under the map, you should be allowed to do it. If you can build 50 blocks into the air, then you should be allowed to. The game should hinder players ability to do it, not make it against the rules.

Then my new strategy to ruin streamers day is to sit under the map for 1 hour and be on my phone only moving to keep from afk. That’s a great idea. Getting under the map is possible but if your go to strategy to win games is to sit under the map or pillar constantly, then problems within other players could arise.

GreySwag

Sep 13, 2020
Then my new strategy to ruin streamers day is to sit under the map for 1 hour and be on my phone only moving to keep from afk. That’s a great idea. Getting under the map is possible but if your go to strategy to win games is to sit under the map or pillar constantly, then problems within other players could arise.
So you ignore my other idea's to make it harder? Plus under the map is far easier to reach than a skybase.. Your point is valid though, as people could jus use it to troll and be annoying, but it still hinders strategy which annoys me: and I don't even camp xD.

D

Deleted member 554749

So you ignore my other idea's to make it harder? Plus under the map is far easier to reach than a skybase.. Your point is valid though, as people could jus use it to troll and be annoying, but it still hinders strategy which annoys me: and I don't even camp xD.

Camping under the base on some maps is extremely difficult. If you can bridge down, you can get directly under the island.

May 19, 2020
under the sea
I don't think camping should be banned but it should not be encouraged either because camping defeats the purpose of skyWARS or eggWARS. People play these games to pvp, not sit around and wait for a camper to be bored and leave. But i'm not saying that camping is wrong though. Sure there's some annoying people who just feel like wasting someone's time but i think there will be some campers who are new and camp because they're scared or to minimize pvp. I personally don't trap or camp because it makes the game no fun.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
Bruh you’ve been on the forums for like 5 days and you’re already being toxic

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Is this a troll post?
Its quite concerning that some ppl prioritise winning over having fun to such an extreme extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Muhh wrote on Frontlane's profile.
best upgrade from mentor to helper xD congrats!!
Muhh wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Yoooo congrats!!!
Muhh wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!
JustNathie wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations on Helper! 💜 🎉
JustNathie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on Helper! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom