Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

__pandaa_

Feb 24, 2022
I suggest to remove or nerf the archer kit, because it's the most unbalanced kit here and the guy who can't hit me in a sword fight is killing me with this unbalanced bow for 3 hits, and I can't even get close to that noob without skill cuz of his little bow...

D

Deleted member 347571

I suggest to remove or nerf the archer kit, because it's the most unbalanced kit here and the guy who can't hit me in a sword fight is killing me with this unbalanced bow for 3 hits, and I can't even get close to that noob without skill cuz of his little bow...
It really depends on who uses the kit. There are players who can kill you with archer whenever they want but also people who don't know how to use it.

muffin294

Novice Member
May 15, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
This seems pretty biased because usually one person saying something needs nerfed or buffed is out of their own experience with the kit. There might be people who think the archer needs buffed, but I feel cubecraft did a good job for the most part balancing the kits

__pandaa_

Feb 24, 2022
This seems pretty biased because usually one person saying something needs nerfed or buffed is out of their own experience with the kit. There might be people who think the archer needs buffed, but I feel cubecraft did a good job for the most part balancing the kits

true, the kits are more or less balanced, but the imo bow power 3 beats too much damage. Samurai is dead for 3 shots, other kits for 5-9. + in the store 3 arrows cost 1 point, so this kit is too strong cuz usually u can't even get close to archer and u're dead

human being

Jan 23, 2022
archer is a kit with which you need a lot of skill to get kills with if people are getting three shots on you using archer i think they deserve to get a kill

Reactions: Rocks1

__pandaa_

Feb 24, 2022
archer is a kit with which you need a lot of skill to get kills with if people are getting three shots on you using archer i think they deserve to get a kill
ye, they need a lot of skill. Thats, why they've sword with knockback and can knock away enemy if they'll miss a lot of shots and can create combo with this (sword, bow, sword, bow, sword, bow) XD. Im not saying that this kit doesn't require any skill, but it's just too strong

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Another half-baked suggestion comes in! Let me soft-lock this thread by writing my post (and in turn killing this thread)!
true, the kits are more or less balanced, but the imo bow power 3 beats too much damage. Samurai is dead for 3 shots, other kits for 5-9. + in the store 3 arrows cost 1 point, so this kit is too strong cuz usually u can't even get close to archer and u're dead
Not at all. I'm an archer main, and archers aren't powerful in most maps. The other kits are more versatile due to how open the maps are, but archers are situational. This is because:
  • They're weak on their own, so they need support from other damage sources to get more value.
  • Archers get only 8 arrows per kill, provided that they get the kill in the first place. (This should be buffed to 12 arrows per warrior and 16 per beast kill, but keep it at 8 for killing the other kits.)
  • Assuming all kits are at full HP, don't score kills (thus no regen on kill), there's no delay or misses between bow shots, and the archer doesn't use melee, archers need:
    • 4 shots to kill a samurai
    • 5 shots to kill a wizard (regen included)
    • 6-7 shots to kill an archer
    • 8 shots to kill a warrior
    • 12 shots to kill a beast
  • If the target scores a kill and gets 2.5 hearts back on kill, the archer will need 1-3 extra shots to get the kill. That's 3 extra shots to kill a warrior/beast who scores that kind of kill, for a total of 11-15 shots.
    • It's almost always a net loss to kill a warrior, and it's a guaranteed net loss to kill a beast. Archers would have to expose themselves to melee combat or get the warrior/beast to take damage from elsewhere to have a net gain on arrows.
  • The archer cannot shoot at multiple targets at once. If he's gunning down one target, the other one is free to advance.
  • Every time an archer misses a shot, that's 0 damage they're dealing in addition to losing an arrow. The more shots they miss, the more they're penalized.
  • Even if an archer starts a combo, it is more difficult to maintain that combo due to the knockback enchantment on the sword.
  • Archers are terribly weak at melee combat. Ambushing one from behind is a sure way to kill an archer.

Most people have less than 50% bow accuracy (would say about 40% on average). For every 5 shots they're firing, they're going to miss 3 of those.
Take a look at the numerous suggestions about adding regen prior to the update for bias as well. A lot of people were suggesting to add regen (the most popular one being this one; ironically, it was implemented against what that OP stated) without considering how it would impact the other kits. Any time people use the "appeal to experience" fallacy, it's going to have bias.

I disagree with how CubeCraft balanced kits. Look at the FFA update where wizards and archers were nerfed. Wizard was nerfed to have the splash potion cooldown, so they cannot quickly heal using their healing potions or throw multiple potions against teams. Archer was nerfed because of the regen, thus requiring more shots per target if the target manages to score kills. The diamond kits got buffed because people were complaining about its lack of regen when those kits were already tanky!

Last edited:

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
The Archer kit is unbalanced. People with good bow skills are invincible against people without a bow. I don’t find it a part of the ffa gamemode and I see most people using it to annoy. The bow mechanics in minecraft is just to powerfull agains non bowers in a pvp gamemode.

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
Another half-baked suggestion comes in! Let me soft-lock this thread by writing my post (and in turn killing this thread)!

Not at all. I'm an archer main, and archers aren't powerful in most maps. The other kits are more versatile due to how open the maps are, but archers are situational. This is because:
  • They're weak on their own, so they need support from other damage sources to get more value.
  • Archers get only 8 arrows per kill, provided that they get the kill in the first place. (This should be buffed to 12 arrows per warrior and 16 per beast kill, but keep it at 8 for killing the other kits.)
  • Assuming all kits are at full HP, don't score kills (thus no regen on kill), there's no delay or misses between bow shots, and the archer doesn't use melee, archers need:
    • 4 shots to kill a samurai
    • 5 shots to kill a wizard (regen included)
    • 6-7 shots to kill an archer
    • 8 shots to kill a warrior
    • 12 shots to kill a beast
  • If the target scores a kill and gets 2.5 hearts back on kill, the archer will need 1-3 extra shots to get the kill. That's 3 extra shots to kill a warrior/beast who scores that kind of kill, for a total of 11-15 shots.
    • It's almost always a net loss to kill a warrior, and it's a guaranteed net loss to kill a beast. Archers would have to expose themselves to melee combat or get the warrior/beast to take damage from elsewhere to have a net gain on arrows.
  • The archer cannot shoot at multiple targets at once. If he's gunning down one target, the other one is free to advance.
  • Every time an archer misses a shot, that's 0 damage they're dealing in addition to losing an arrow. The more shots they miss, the more they're penalized.
  • Even if an archer starts a combo, it is more difficult to maintain that combo due to the knockback enchantment on the sword.
  • Archers are terribly weak at melee combat. Ambushing one from behind is a sure way to kill an archer.

Most people have less than 50% bow accuracy (would say about 40% on average). For every 5 shots they're firing, they're going to miss 3 of those.

Take a look at the numerous suggestions about adding regen prior to the update for bias as well. A lot of people were suggesting to add regen (the most popular one being this one; ironically, it was implemented against what that OP stated) without considering how it would impact the other kits. Any time people use the "appeal to experience" fallacy, it's going to have bias.

I disagree with how CubeCraft balanced kits. Look at the FFA update where wizards and archers were nerfed. Wizard was nerfed to have the splash potion cooldown, so they cannot quickly heal using their healing potions or throw multiple potions against teams. Archer was nerfed because of the regen, thus requiring more shots per target if the target manages to score kills. The diamond kits got buffed because people were complaining about its lack of regen when those kits were already tanky!
archer isnt a place for ffa you are litterly saying yourself the disadvantages it has plus ur saying 4 hits with bow on a samurai and i use that kit alot. 4 hits is nothing and assuming they are good at aiming your death really fast. You are litterly suggestions it should get removed based on how the kits works. They are OP if used against someone solo but agains all people in general its a pretty weak kit. And as you see mostly the kit is used to annoy people bcs of how OP it is if they are targeting a single person and not really going for the kills.

• Agree
Reactions: Iridinox

IDKhan

Jul 14, 2021
Scotland
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
im bedrock not java so idk if i can share opinions here or not but...

calling someone a "noob" for killing you is kinda ironic

plus bow in something like ffa takes skill, and instead of complaining you should practice and get better
which i guess can sound kinda mean, just basically telling you to "get gud lol"
but its honestly the only thing to do in this situation, its not OP
hes just better sorry
and ffa is mainly there for good practice, so honestly, the more bows you come across the more skill you build!

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
im bedrock not java so idk if i can share opinions here or not but...

calling someone a "noob" for killing you is kinda ironic

plus bow in something like ffa takes skill, and instead of complaining you should practice and get better
which i guess can sound kinda mean, just basically telling you to "get gud lol"
but its honestly the only thing to do in this situation, its not OP
hes just better sorry
and ffa is mainly there for good practice, so honestly, the more bows you come across the more skill you build!
panda is a very good player in ffa altho you ar e right for some people the archer kit is definitely too OP if the archer is specific targeting you. If the archer has very good skill then the ones without a bow no matter their skills they are defends-less agains them. Dont forgot samurai a kit that both me and panda use a lot takes 4 bow hits to get killed.

human being

Jan 23, 2022
but if an archer manages to get 4 hits on you when you're using a kit that gives you speed 2 then that means they're better than you at the game so they should be allowed to get a kill off of you

• Agree
Reactions: betty's oldies

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
archer isnt a place for ffa you are litterly saying yourself the disadvantages it has plus ur saying 4 hits with bow on a samurai and i use that kit alot. 4 hits is nothing and assuming they are good at aiming your death really fast. You are litterly suggestions it should get removed based on how the kits works. They are OP if used against someone solo but agains all people in general its a pretty weak kit. And as you see mostly the kit is used to annoy people bcs of how OP it is if they are targeting a single person and not really going for the kills.
I'm an archer main, and majority of my FFA time on bedrock (200+ hours) comes from that kit. I listed those disadvantages because the OP was saying that the bow kit was OP. I never said that the kit should be removed, and I'm given the impression that you didn't read my post carefully.

Archer is a very difficult kit to optimally use. Its effectiveness depends on the map terrain. It's either very strong if it has support (e.g., fall damage, lava, or teammates) or very weak if it's in the open (e.g., savanna map, ancient, kingdom (grass area)). All the other kits are more straightforward with damage output and movement; for this reason, they're less affected by map terrain.

Archer is either hit or miss. Missing a shot means the target advances closer to you while depriving you of one arrow, and these penalties add up over time. Having fewer and fewer arrows in reserve makes it more difficult for the archer to dish out damage, forcing the archer to commit to melee to conserve or regain ammo.

4 hits is 4 arrows. You're getting back 4 arrows if you don't miss (how often do archers hit their targets, especially at least 4 shots in a row?) and the samurai hasn't taken damage from other sources, and all of this assumes that you make the final hit. If someone else gets the kill credit, you get 0 arrows for a net loss of 4 arrows on that target. A samurai is the most agile kit of them all thanks to the permanent speed 2. If it's taking too much damage, then its agility is not being put to full use or it's in a bad situation where its mobility cannot be fully utilized.

Most fights that start as a 1v1 quickly turn into a multiple vs 1 or multiple vs multiple scenario. If 2+ people flank the archer, the archer is almost guaranteed to die unless he predicted that he would be outflanked. Archer is fine in terms of survivability; if anything, I would say it needs more arrows rewarded when killing beasts and warriors or a power 4 bow to compensate for the recently added regen.

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
but if an archer manages to get 4 hits on you when you're using a kit that gives you speed 2 then that means they're better than you at the game so they should be allowed to get a kill off of you
no a bower is further away and good bowers can hit you even if you have good skills including dodging an arrow. I gotta say i dodge a lot of arrows bcs i found effective ways to do so but in general i still hate the kit like always and would like it to get removed

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
I'm an archer main, and majority of my FFA time on bedrock (200+ hours) comes from that kit. I listed those disadvantages because the OP was saying that the bow kit was OP. I never said that the kit should be removed, and I'm given the impression that you didn't read my post carefully.

Archer is a very difficult kit to optimally use. Its effectiveness depends on the map terrain. It's either very strong if it has support (e.g., fall damage, lava, or teammates) or very weak if it's in the open (e.g., savanna map, ancient, kingdom (grass area)). All the other kits are more straightforward with damage output and movement; for this reason, they're less affected by map terrain.

Archer is either hit or miss. Missing a shot means the target advances closer to you while depriving you of one arrow, and these penalties add up over time. Having fewer and fewer arrows in reserve makes it more difficult for the archer to dish out damage, forcing the archer to commit to melee to conserve or regain ammo.

4 hits is 4 arrows. You're getting back 4 arrows if you don't miss (how often do archers hit their targets, especially at least 4 shots in a row?) and the samurai hasn't taken damage from other sources, and all of this assumes that you make the final hit. If someone else gets the kill credit, you get 0 arrows for a net loss of 4 arrows on that target. A samurai is the most agile kit of them all thanks to the permanent speed 2. If it's taking too much damage, then its agility is not being put to full use or it's in a bad situation where its mobility cannot be fully utilized.

Most fights that start as a 1v1 quickly turn into a multiple vs 1 or multiple vs multiple scenario. If 2+ people flank the archer, the archer is almost guaranteed to die unless he predicted that he would be outflanked. Archer is fine in terms of survivability; if anything, I would say it needs more arrows rewarded when killing beasts and warriors or a power 4 bow to compensate for the recently added regen.

I understand but what i can make from the post it that it is incredibly good and bad at the same time making it to me an unfit kit for the gamemode. Very OP in certain conditions and very weak aswell bcs of what you mentionts the loss of arrows and OP bcs of the easily 4 arrows hits on samurai that really cant do anything about it as if the bower is good your skills dont matter if your further away.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I understand but what i can make from the post it that it is incredibly good and bad at the same time making it to me an unfit kit for the gamemode. Very OP in certain conditions and very weak aswell bcs of what you mentionts the loss of arrows and OP bcs of the easily 4 arrows hits on samurai that really cant do anything about it as if the bower is good your skills dont matter if your further away.
Yes, you can do something against a good shooter.

1. Take cover.
2. Get help. It's FFA, not duels. You're not alone.
3. Flank the archer. Try to ambush him when his attention is diverted elsewhere.
4. If you're getting hit 4 times in a row, then your movement is too easy to predict. Moving erratically is key to make archers misfire.
5. The farther the shooter is from you, the more room you have to dodge arrows. If you look at an incoming arrow's trajectory and you're far away from the shooter, you can sidestep the arrow before it hits you.
6. You don't have to engage an archer (most fights in FFA are avoidable). Disengage and let someone else take those hits, and then you return to take on the archer.

By your argument, you imply that every kit is either OP or weak (and thus every kit should be removed because they're "OP"). Prior to the update, every kit was strong in some area and weak in another. Now it seems like the diamond armor kits got more power while the rest of the kits got nerfed (wizard was directly nerfed while archer and samurai were indirectly nerfed due to regen on kill).

EDIT: Tip #6.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Top Bottom