Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
As some may have heard, earlier this year and late last year one of the ECO communities was removed from the program following evidence of child sexual abuse on the server.

After this there was a lot of arguments between community and the staff team about why they were allowed to remain despite some content remaining claiming that the community followed their guidelines, which I only recently realised raised a very important question. What are these guidelines?

I believe that these guidelines should be publicly released and accessible, both for the purpose of ensuring that members joining these servers know what they are walking into, and for the purpose of holding these servers and Cube to account should they violate these guidelines and for the purpose of knowing what sort of content is appropriate to report to the cubecraft staff, rather than just leaving it at a server level.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi Kitsune, thanks for the suggestion.

This is part of the plans with the restructure of the external communities, which will be happening hopefully within the middle of May when I have freed up my time.

This will not only provide more clarity with guidelines, but will allow players to report other external communities if they break any of these guidelines, and the repercussions that they will face as a result of that. I'll be getting the existing external communities to agree to this restructure, and from then on, enforcing will become a lot simpler, but stricter as the team and community grows. :]

Marking this as planned for now.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I agree, one of the reasons I created Nexus was from some abuse of power and neglecting of rules or creating biases between members.(this is not all of them but one of the ECO servers I was in)
And it was a horrible toxic place to be in.
The owners allowed doxing and harassment to be allowed by their own Admin team and banned players for lack of evidence and stuff like that. As well as another server that kept things pinned that involved horrible hate speech or NSFW content.

I know as an ECO(I don’t think I can say here) we do have to agree to some things. But if these things are public the community can moderate us as well as the mods.

I also believe cubecraft should have an impact on who could be staff on the server, not choosing who is, but adding more guidelines on what type of person they should be.
In Nexus we made some of these ourselves to try to avoid these things.

We also take action on accounts and users outside of our own, seeing harassment or any attacks outside of our server we will ban then from ours. Rather it may be over Xbox Chat, in game, or in another ECO server.

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Hey!
Unfortunately, this is no longer planned as we have closed the ECO program at this time.

Thank you to all who reacted to this suggestion and to Kitsune for making it. We are always happy to see suggestions to help us in making the server (and the programs we have) better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom