Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see a prisons server added to Cubecraft?

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

TangoRaptor_

Aug 14, 2014
Bossville
I forgot that it had even been suggested. I only suggested it because I thought that people would like it, and judging by the poll I would say that it's quite wanted on the server. The thread you linked also didn't say much more than "I think it should be added because it's fun" (No offense to the original creator) So call this thread an expansion of the previous thread. (Also, reviving threads isn't allowed. The rules say nothing about making a thread that was already created but was forgotten about)
This thread is no different than the other one. The only thing this one has is a description of what prison is. If you read what was written in the previous thread you would have known that people already liked the idea, therefore this thread is pointless since we already know people agree with having a prison server. If the thread was forgotten there might have been a reason why... And I doubt that by bringing the subject back up it is going to change anything.

MorganPlayzMc

Forum Expert
Dec 28, 2013
England
This thread is no different than the other one. The only thing this one has is a description of what prison is. If you read what was written in the previous thread you would have known that people already liked the idea, therefore this thread is pointless since we already know people agree with having a prison server. If the thread was forgotten there might have been a reason why... And I doubt that by bringing the subject back up it is going to change anything.
Sometimes a (brief) description is good. On the other thread, people may have read it and not known what a prison server was. Here it explains what sort of commands you can use and what a prison server actually is. :)

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I forgot that it had even been suggested.
I really don't see what the problem is. It may have been suggested in the past, but not recently. As morgan said, I went into a lot of detail also to explain exactly what prisons is about and also suggested a bunch of plugins and features to go with it. It's one thread in 2,225 others.

Reactions: Mattttttttttt

ma_man321

Dec 19, 2013
Behind You.
Sorry to be a problem picker but solve me this problem how are you going to set up the economy there? I have played a few prison servers and each need their own form of currency to upgrade to the next rank or mine or whatever. Seeing that in ccg the points currency is universal are you going to use it in the prison server because that will be a very cheap way of getting points or will u invent a whole new form of currency just for the prison server?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Sorry to be a problem picker but solve me this problem how are you going to set up the economy there? I have played a few prison servers and each need their own form of currency to upgrade to the next rank or mine or whatever. Seeing that in ccg the points currency is universal are you going to use it in the prison server because that will be a very cheap way of getting points or will u invent a whole new form of currency just for the prison server?
Prison servers often have a separate currency that does not affect other servers such as factions or skyblock.

Reactions: MorganPlayzMc

ma_man321

Dec 19, 2013
Behind You.
Prison servers often have a separate currency that does not affect other servers such as factions or skyblock.
Most servers don't have a universal currency yet you will have to find a way to both integrate a whole new currency system and use the points currency system as well.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Most servers don't have a universal currency yet you will have to find a way to both integrate a whole new currency system and use the points currency system as well.
Well we have points / vanity points, so I can't imagine it being too difficult to implement prison points too :)

MutatedLlama

Dec 23, 2014
Why do you need to know? ;)
Well we have points / vanity points, so I can't imagine it being too difficult to implement prison points too :)
Agreed, I thought that they where taking this into account last year but the project sort of fell of track. Seen as this thread has become quite successful the staff team may take this into consideration, well lets hope they do.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Agreed, I thought that they where taking this into account last year but the project sort of fell of track. Seen as this thread has become quite successful the staff team may take this into consideration, well lets hope they do.
I hope so :D Also, your signature gets my spheal of approval.
upload_2015-8-1_23-42-34.jpeg

BritneySpears

Aug 1, 2015
Nice suggestion! +1 , although might be nice with some sorta.. twist or something else in it, because if there's not, you may as well go to one of the thousands of other OP prisons.

Edward_Train

Jul 16, 2015
Prison servers are normally for servers that are quite abit smaller than this one, the prison server would be full alot of the time (due to the huge number of players on this server).

I know theres a creative and skyblock which work perfectly fine but prison tends to be alot laggier than these two types of server and cant normally support the same high amount of players.

I may be wrong but i work for a prison server that tends to get abit out of hand around 150-200.

So i think it would be a good idea if they could pull it off and it not be laggy as hell, but i think it would be relatively difficult.
Purple Prison has about 300 players :p

ma_man321

Dec 19, 2013
Behind You.
Prison servers are normally for servers that are quite abit smaller than this one, the prison server would be full alot of the time (due to the huge number of players on this server)

I know theres a creative and skyblock which work perfectly fine but prison tends to be alot laggier than these two types of server and cant normally support the same high amount of players.

One how do u know the prison server will be full, maybe ccg hates prison as a collective group.

Two if u can say that skyblock and creative and factions for the fact are running quite fine with a straight face, please pass me whatever ur smoking I want some too. All three of these servers are laggy as hell, most of them crash every hour or so. Skyblock and creative on ccg are far from working perfectly fine.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
"One how do u know the prison server will be full, maybe ccg hates prison as a collective group."
upload_2015-8-3_10-57-12.png

"Two if u can say that skyblock and creative and factions for the fact are running quite fine with a straight face, please pass me whatever ur smoking I want some too. All three of these servers are laggy as hell, most of them crash every hour or so. Skyblock and creative on ccg are far from working perfectly fine."

For the most part, skyblock is laggy due to the number of entities that it holds. Prisons does not allow player-spawned entities or access to an overworld that can be explored.
Factions is laggy due to a bug with the /sethome command, otherwise I find it to be fine most of the time.
Creative has corrupted chunks and is extremely old. It has a lot of lag machines all over its world.
There isn't much that can actually make prisons lag

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Mintypie231 wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Top Bottom