Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
As it stands there is a certain map on each gamemode that are faster than others.

Skywars Solo - Savanna
Skywars Duo - Fruitbowl
Skywars Teams - Toxic

Eggwars Solo - Golf
Eggwars Duos - Modern
Eggwars Teams - Mangrove

These are currently the most popular games to speedrun and it is leading to some controversial runs being added to the leaderboards as there are multiple speedrunners in the same game as eachother, not because they are purposefully sniping but because the maps needed for speedrunning don't appear very often, the speedrunners are all queueing for the same map and when they get it they are all in the same game.

The latest Skywars solo WR is a prime example

Increasing the chances of these maps will not be a change noticed too much by the average player, but by speed runners it will be noticed and will decrease the amount of controversial runs like this. It will overall benefit speed running the game and increase the amount of players that do speedrun it.

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
I think all maps should have an equal chance of being available. I’d rather have map selection
Not everyone enjoys playing the "faster" maps. Because of this, I think all maps should have an equal chance to appear. This applies to both Bedrock and Java.
This is currently the case at the moment, this is leading to alot of controversial speedruns for speedrunning, if someone does not want to play the faster maps then they can easily just leave and requeue to play ANY OTHER map, but for people trying to speedrun the game they have to requeue sometimes for over 30 mins just to get the right map, hence the faster map should be more common, as I said, this change will not be noticed by alot of casual players but will be great for speedrunners who want to submit times.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
this would be an awful idea. as mentioned before, not everyone cares about speedrunning the game, or just dont like these maps in general. every map should have an equal chance of getting and based on luck. changing the way it works now would demotivate casual players from playing the game as they never get the map they like to see as the chances arent equal, which is bad for the server

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
this would be an awful idea. as mentioned before, not everyone cares about speedrunning the game, or just dont like these maps in general. every map should have an equal chance of getting and based on luck. changing the way it works now would demotivate casual players from playing the game as they never get the map they like to see as the chances arent equal, which is bad for the server
well right now some maps are more common than each other lmao. I would say make all the maps the same chance but I dont get why the speedrun maps are soooo soo rare

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
The bedrock server peaks at over 40,000 members at once every day. These maps should not be prioritised because a very small part of the community likes a certain map.
I do feel like they are a lot less common though. And maps like “FairyTale” or “Under The Sea” I queue a lot more. With me requeuing around 15times in a row almost daily. I don’t think the maps should get removed (but I mean FairyTale should).

The main reason I won’t play those maps is because they are way too big.

I will play UTS though over fairytale, not because it has less players but because it’s actually a playable map on Xbox. I can barely run in a straight line in fairytale. It’s horrible. I can’t even win a fight if someone is Win10 Controller or Mobile controller because they get such a large frame rate advantage over me

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
Agreed; since not everyone would care about speed(not saying campers are good, no one likes them in a map of skywars)it would only appeal to the people caring about speed, not everyone. Appealing to everyone to expand the range of players is a great thing, therefore i think they should have the equal chances of maps
map selection would be far better overall, but it would never be noticed by anyone casually playing the game.
As you can see by the speedrun website there is a large amount of the community interested in speedrunning the game, that amount could go up so much more by just making faster maps more common. Im not talking astronomically more common, Im talking only slightly, or better still, to remove certain maps in the game that are disliked by the community overall.

zaza17680

Nov 23, 2020
Although I have considered the idea, free voting does not help much. Because by being able to choose a map, many people will be able to enter the maps that win the fastest, for example, I love the eggwars teams of 4 birthday map and I win the game very quickly, so I would always choose the aforementioned map to win So many games that I would stay on the global scoreboard, it doesn't seem like such a good idea, even if they added a product to the cubecraft marketplace to vote the map or simply with the ranks, there would also be people with this product who would do practically the same. The map randomization system for me is fine as it is currently because a player does not stand out on all maps, which adds difficulty to the game, and without this difficulty, the game could become boring, also, just like how happened in Cubecraft java, there would be many servers with maps that could not start because players would not choose it.

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
map selection would be far better overall, but it would never be noticed by anyone casually playing the game.
As you can see by the speedrun website there is a large amount of the community interested in speedrunning the game, that amount could go up so much more by just making faster maps more common. Im not talking astronomically more common, Im talking only slightly, or better still, to remove certain maps in the game that are disliked by the community overall.
Its your choice to speedrun if you do it, you deal with the cons.
Also speedrunning is not a large community
FD11AEA2-B904-4D1C-86CE-6715ADE6E303.png

Theres only 100 submissions for skywars and only top 50 are slightly difficult to beat.

Ps(I know this is an old thread)

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
it dosent matter if speedrunning is a small community, right now the maps that take longer like fairytale, under the sea, seem to be more common... Im not sure if thats on purpose or its just a bug, but I did do something where I queued solos 100 times and 37 of them were robotic and only 7 were golf? I would say at least make all maps the same chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom