Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be added?

• Total voters

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Hey! It's been a while since I've made a suggestion thread so I thought I'd make one.

What am I suggesting?
I'm suggesting that the playercount on both the Bedrock and Java network which is displayed on the multiplayer list shows the total amount of players (the sum of the players of both networks). So for example, instead of the Java network showing 3000 players and the Bedrock network showing 11000 players in the multiplayer list, they'll both show 14000 players.

As for the sidebar in the lobby in the Java network, instead of it displaying "players" and have it display how many players the Java network has, the playercount would now be seperated into 2 lines:
Untitled-1.png

As for the playercount ontop of the NPCs for the games, it'll add those numbers as well but inside the game GUI (when choosing if you want to join team or solo in EggWars for example) there'll be another item showing how many players the game has in the bedrock network. This will obviously only affect the games that are both on the Java and Bedrock network.

Why am I suggesting this?
It'll simply look more eye appealing to join CubeCraft if both networks has the total amount of players. Imagine CubeCraft having 14000 players on the multiplayer list in Minecraft Java Edition again. (Sure, the bedrock network already has a high playerbase with a max capacity of ~11000 players but seeing 14000 players would still make it look more eye appealing to join, thus incrementing even more the playerbase of both networks.)

In conclusion
In my opinion it'll give Cube a push towards getting more players, especially the Java network but I'd really like to know what your opinions are if this were to be implemented or not. People could say that CubeCraft cheated their playcount but in reality they didn't as they're just displaying all the players that they have at the time.​

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hey! It's been a while since I've made a suggestion thread so I thought I'd make one.

What am I suggesting?
I'm suggesting that the playercount on both the Bedrock and Java network which is displayed on the multiplayer list shows the total amount of players (the sum of the players of both networks). So for example, instead of the Java network showing 3000 players and the Bedrock network showing 11000 players in the multiplayer list, they'll both show 14000 players.

As for the sidebar in the lobby in the Java network, instead of it displaying "players" and have it display how many players the Java network has, the playercount would now be seperated into 2 lines:

As for the playercount ontop of the NPCs for the games, it'll add those numbers as well but inside the game GUI (when choosing if you want to join team or solo in EggWars for example) there'll be another item showing how many players the game has in the bedrock network. This will obviously only affect the games that are both on the Java and Bedrock network.

It'll simply look more eye appealing to join CubeCraft if both networks has the total amount of players. Imagine CubeCraft having 14000 players on the multiplayer list in Minecraft Java Edition again. (Sure, the bedrock network already has a high playerbase with a max capacity of ~11000 players but seeing 14000 players would still make it look more eye appealing to join, thus incrementing even more the playerbase of both networks.)

In conclusion
In my opinion it'll give Cube a push towards getting more players, especially the Java network but I'd really like to know what your opinions are if this were to be implemented or not. People could say that CubeCraft cheated their playcount but in reality they didn't as they're just displaying all the players that they have at the time.​
Yes, it’s not lying and it sure will encourage people to join the server when they see the player count.

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Pedroo

Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
Nice sugestion I'd also suggest to split up the Java edition player count in 2: Java edition 1.8 and Java edition 1.9

Reactions: elchuii

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net

What am I suggesting?

In conclusion
Not too much of a game changing feature, therefore it can't split the community, and not too much effort to add - it certainly is something they should do especially to encourage the growth of the player count. I don't see any reason why this is a bad suggestion. Would like to see this be implemented.

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
Hmm.. I think it would be deceptive to do this. If people look at a player count on Java, they expect it to be for Java. If it is instead showing a player count for Bedrock as well, players may notice that there does not seem to be anywhere near that count online (and a lot of people don't think about Bedrock if they play Java), and I would expect there to be some negative backlash from people about 'faking player count'. No, it's not faked per se, but it's not the Java player count.

They should remain separate, in my opinion.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Nice idea, however there is no cross play between these networks so combining the player counts does not really make sense. I don't doubt that there will be some players drawn to a nice big number in the player list (success drives success) but actually knowing how those players break down between the networks is really important as well. If nothing else it drives us to constantly try and be better ;)

NoahvdAa

May 31, 2019
I have to disagree with this because they are two clearly separate platforms that in my opinion, should stay separated. Because they are two different platforms and don't have cross-play, there isn't really a point in merging the player counts / showing the bedrock player count on java and vice versa.

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I don't think that this should be added. Like other forum users said, Java and Bedrock are different platforms. Although, a higher playeramount on the serverlist could attrack more people to join the server. This could lead to confused players though, since there are way less players online than expected.

Jul 8, 2019
United Kingdom
i don't personally believe an extra three thousand people will 'encourage' more individuals to join. if i saw a server with 5000 instead of 4000, i really would not care.

while i don't think unifying the count is a poor suggestion, i don't see how it would help the numbers on the server. i can't remember ever looking at a player count and thinking 'aha! it has a couple thousand more players, it's clearly better!'

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom