Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How has your first impression of the new update been?

• Great update, nothing to criticize.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Promising update, some bugs but otherwise positive.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Underwhelming, not the update I wanted.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Horrible, loads of bugs, not what I wanted, this is the end of Cubecraft Java

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Other opinions? Comment down below

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The new update is finally here! What are your thoughts on it?

I just can't believe this is what we waited so long for. You'd think after so many years they would have asked the community what they want and considered the implications of such drastic changes to game modes but nope. No lessons were learned from Egg Wars Beta. Especially as someone who has been here for 7 years+ and spent hundreds, and hundreds on the network, I'd have hoped for a little say in what they are going to do to a place I call home.

I tried a few game modes and most of the experience was just terrible. First off the lag is horrendous now. I cannot go anywhere without issues and I have a decent PC. The UI is also a bit buggy, buttons don't work sometimes.

Skyblock: Broken

Sky Wars: The warden map is very, odd. You can't go to mid without dying. All the weapons are a little unbalanced and combat feels off.

Parkour: Actually pretty good, I like most of the new maps, some levels are a little weird but that's ok.

FFA: I want to say it's great as well, but the trident feels weak in some cases, yet op in others. It's good for leading people or killing already weak people but that's it. The new map is so cool looking but the lag is again terrible on that map.

Lucky Islands: I tried Lucky Islands and I lost brain cells. There is a new ability you can get where you become op. You can fly around and can't die. I got knocked into the void by two different people in back-to-back games. Then on the water map, also very buggy and hard to fight people you can now grapple weapons away from opponents? How is that at all fair? The food and block lucky block is kinda a rip-off as sometimes it gives you blocks like scaffolding or food like cake which is useless.

Egg Wars: First off, again the water combat is so bad and laggy, it's so hard to hit anyone or really do anything. Making obsidian harder to get by using diamonds makes no sense. It makes it even harder to play defensively. And 40 gold on op for ancient debris? That's insane. Giving everyone iron armor non enchanted is also a terrible decision. Not only does tryhard dominate easily, but it makes no sense. The new enchantment is hard to use and requires you to sit around. The whole point of op was fast games and good armor. It's even more confusing why you raised golden apple prices. To make it harder to regen. This was a main issue with the beta egg wars update and you listened to the community then and made them relatively cheap. I could rant on and on about how messed up Egg Wars alone is but you get the point.

Overall this update is extremely disappointing, we waited so long for something just, meh. If Cube actually listened to the community on what they wanted and learned their lessons from before, it could have been so great. I already said I'm going to leave Java for good, this update ruined my favorite game I played for so long. If Bedrock gets these changes I'm done. So many other players feel this way, if you go into lobbies you run into at least 5 people complaining and upset over the changes.

Sckummy

Novice Member
Jun 13, 2019
This is genuinly the worst thing that could of happened to cubecraft. Could of bought back some of the old games that were really fun, could of bought back some of the old maps. Could of actually made some improvements but instead youve made it look like its for 10 year olds. I bought my diamond rank many many years ago but I still want a refund.

itzq_

Apr 4, 2023
Litteraly the worst update possible, so many lag. I sometimes can't even enter cubecraft like wtf. I want a refund for my obsidian rank if it doens't get better. Best of all, change it back how it was because this is a violation to the server and the community..

Ryaan

Novice Member
Jul 4, 2020
I will only comment about FFA as it's the game I main
1. It makes no sense at all that stone ranked players can't choose maps, FFA is a very different mode than other games such as eggwars, skywars etc..
2. the new kit, very unnecessary and useless imo.
3. enchanted golden apples are way too expensive, 500 was so expensive, they should have made it cheaper instead of more expensive. you cannot earn that much points except if you play eggwars or whatever similar game all day with multipliers, otherwise you're never getting these 1k points
4. shields now are way too overpowered, imo they should be removed
5. the trident in the shop.. just why? what's the need? same thing for the spyglass; literally almost everyone uses optifine.
6. the crossbow in archer kit is very unneeded too.
it looks like they just want it to look like a 1.19 server by adding new blocks to the maps, and these kits and items but it's just useless and very unwanted, what is really needed is the game to be more playable.

Last edited:

zMoomin

Jun 28, 2022
Finland
Pronouns
He/Him
This update is poo. Eggwars is literally incompatible. The Texturepack looks like Zelda from 1998. Do us a favour and make this update disappear. If i dont get a refund, i will sue u
I agree on the texture pack. It gives me a headache after a few games. Does not look good nor appealing at all.
I love this update. We need to remember that this is still a beta version.
What games have you played on this new version? Do you feel a difference in the gameplay?
I just can't believe this is what we waited so long for. You'd think after so many years they would have asked the community what they want and considered the implications of such drastic changes to game modes but nope. No lessons were learned from Egg Wars Beta. Especially as someone who has been here for 7 years+ and spent hundreds, and hundreds on the network, I'd have hoped for a little say in what they are going to do to a place I call home.

I tried a few game modes and most of the experience was just terrible. First off the lag is horrendous now. I cannot go anywhere without issues and I have a decent PC. The UI is also a bit buggy, buttons don't work sometimes.

Skyblock: Broken

Sky Wars: The warden map is very, odd. You can't go to mid without dying. All the weapons are a little unbalanced and combat feels off.

Parkour: Actually pretty good, I like most of the new maps, some levels are a little weird but that's ok.

FFA: I want to say it's great as well, but the trident feels weak in some cases, yet op in others. It's good for leading people or killing already weak people but that's it. The new map is so cool looking but the lag is again terrible on that map.

Lucky Islands: I tried Lucky Islands and I lost brain cells. There is a new ability you can get where you become op. You can fly around and can't die. I got knocked into the void by two different people in back-to-back games. Then on the water map, also very buggy and hard to fight people you can now grapple weapons away from opponents? How is that at all fair? The food and block lucky block is kinda a rip-off as sometimes it gives you blocks like scaffolding or food like cake which is useless.

Egg Wars: First off, again the water combat is so bad and laggy, it's so hard to hit anyone or really do anything. Making obsidian harder to get by using diamonds makes no sense. It makes it even harder to play defensively. And 40 gold on op for ancient debris? That's insane. Giving everyone iron armor non enchanted is also a terrible decision. Not only does tryhard dominate easily, but it makes no sense. The new enchantment is hard to use and requires you to sit around. The whole point of op was fast games and good armor. It's even more confusing why you raised golden apple prices. To make it harder to regen. This was a main issue with the beta egg wars update and you listened to the community then and made them relatively cheap. I could rant on and on about how messed up Egg Wars alone is but you get the point.

Overall this update is extremely disappointing, we waited so long for something just, meh. If Cube actually listened to the community on what they wanted and learned their lessons from before, it could have been so great. I already said I'm going to leave Java for good, this update ruined my favorite game I played for so long. If Bedrock gets these changes I'm done. So many other players feel this way, if you go into lobbies you run into at least 5 people complaining and upset over the changes.
Thank you for a very detailed reply. Personally, I have only tried Lucky Islands and that gamemode is more or less a joke now. The ambitions were high, way too high apparently. I get the food and the block lucky blocks, they are quite decent, but why add so many different lucky blocks? And the OP lucky block is ridiculous. The maps are atrocious in my opinion, especially the water map (which you also bring up in your reply).

Without having played the Warden map in skywars I can't help but question why they'd introduce something like that. It is not smart to have a map where the most exciting battlefield, the middle, becomes a death zone. But I myself, as I said, haven't tried out the map yet.

I have heard a lot about egg wars being totally broken. I don't even know if I dare to test it out, honestly. They will have to go back to the drawing board with a lot of the decisions they've taken about Eggwars, assuming everything you've said is right about that. How were they thinking?

My opinion here is also that they should've listened to the players and what we wanted. I wanted the removed gamemodes back, and if they don't return I feel like all these months of waiting have gone in the trashbin, which is utterly sad, on behalf of all cubecraft players.

As a player of a couple years, I also begin to feel that this update is the straw that broke the camel's back. It all felt deemed to failure from the moment most of the authentic gamemodes were removed.
This is genuinly the worst thing that could of happened to cubecraft. Could of bought back some of the old games that were really fun, could of bought back some of the old maps. Could of actually made some improvements but instead youve made it look like its for 10 year olds. I bought my diamond rank many many years ago but I still want a refund.
At this point I'm ready to agree with all of that.
I honestly dont like the new update so far. Personally i think bringing back something of the old updates, for example teams in skywars and lucky island or taking back the old ffa maps would be much better
Exactly what I thought about, and expected, with this update. Now it feels like I have waited for nothing!
I will only comment about FFA as it's the game I main
1. It makes no sense at all that stone ranked players can't choose maps, FFA is a very different mode than other games such as eggwars, skywars etc..
2. the new kit, very unnecessary and useless imo.
3. enchanted golden apples are way too expensive, 500 was so expensive, they should have made it cheaper instead of more expensive. you cannot earn that much points except if you play eggwars or whatever similar game all day with multipliers, otherwise you're never getting these 1k points
4. shields now are way too overpowered, imo they should be removed
5. the trident in the shop.. just why? what's the need? same thing for the spyglass; literally almost everyone uses optifine.
6. the crossbow in archer kit is very unneeded too.
it looks like they just want it to look like a 1.19 server by adding new blocks to the maps, and these kits and items but it's just useless and very unwanted, what is really needed is the game to be more playable.
I think it is ridiculous to restrict stone players from literally everything. The majority of the players are stone ranked, and if they don't have any rights without spending ungodly amounts of money on the game - what point do they have in playing the game then?

The spyglass is a thing I also reacted to in Lucky Islands, why would they introduce a useless gimmick to the game when everyone already have got that ability (and even better in OptiFine).
Actually good update, I tried out some modes, but only saw a bit of lags and bugs. Yet we still need to understand that this is just betatest.
That is true, we are still in the beta phase. There might still be hope for the future if they can get it together and listen to the playerbase!

Reactions: kurakurta

delity

Dec 25, 2021
This update has multiple bugs as well as making the server look cheap. Having cube on 1.19 version, will result in a huge decline of players due to many people enjoy using LabyMod which only works well in 1.16.5, without full access to this modification players will just migrate to servers that allow access to LabyMod 1.16.5. CubeCraft was perfectly fine as it was. If it remains like this I want a full refund for my obi rank as I didn't buy it to fund a server of this current standard.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Some stats for y'all. Will update as we get more votes and comments. The numbers don't lie.

Day 1: April 4th Results

Polling:
How has your first impression of the new update been:

Positive: 31.15% (19 Votes)
Negative: 62.3% (38 Votes)
Neutral: 6.56% (4 Vote)

Negative: +31.66 Point Lead
61 Total Votes

Announcement Thread Comments:
Positive: 28.07% (16 Comments)
Negative: 54.39% (31 Comments)
Neutral: 5.26% (3 Comments)
Unrelated: 12.28% (7 Comments)

Negative: +26.32 Point Lead
57 Total Votes

Discussion Thread (Poll) Comments:
Positive: 17.39% (4 Comments)
Negative: 78.26% (18 Comments)
Neutral: 4.35% (1 Comment)
Unrelated: 0% --

Negative: +60.87 Point Lead
23 Votes

Youtube Comments:
Positive: 21.39% (37 Comments)
Negative: 34.68% (60 Comments)
Neutral: 30.64% (53 Comments)
Unrelated: 13.29% (23 comments)

Negative: +4.04 Point Lead
173 Votes

Last edited:

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate
Some stats for y'all. Will update as we get more votes and comments. The numbers don't lie.

Polling Update:
How has your first impression of the new update been:

Positive: 36.73% (18 Votes)
Negative: 61.22% (30 Votes)
Neutral: 2.33% (1 Vote)

Negative: +24.49 Point Lead

Announcement Thread Comments:
Positive: 27.08% (13 Comments)
Negative: 56.25% (27 Comments)
Neutral: 4.17% (2 Comments)
Unrelated: 12.5% (6 Comments)

Negative: +29.17 Point Lead

Discussion Thread Reactions:
Positive: 81.25% (3 Comments)
Negative: 18.75% (13 Comments)
Neutral: 0% --
Unrelated: 0% --

Negative: +62.5 Point Lead
Don’t forget youtube :)

Reactions: Icouzz and zMoomin
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom