Which idea do you like better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
If you are in the middle of opening a cubelet and get pulled into a game (such as the party leader), your cubelet disappears and you are unsure of what you received. My suggestion is to come up with a mechanism that prevents that. Here are two of my ideas:

Idea 1: If the cubelet is not fully opened yet and you join a game, the cubelet goes back into your cubelet vault.

Idea 2: You still get a message in chat even while in-game lobby telling you what you received.

Leave an :agree: if you want this to be added, or leave an :disagree: if you don't want this to be added but please let me know why down below! :)

1626037912435.png

Thunder

⚡ Moderator ⚡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jun 8, 2020
Istanbul, Türkiye
Nice idea. I'll support Idea 1. Because if a player disconnects from the game because of the internet connection or anything else, that player will not be able to see the item he has received in the chat. In my opinion, the cubelets should go back into our cubelet vault if its owner is not in the lobby at that time.

Sl0wMo7ion

Server & Marketplace Quality Assurance
Feb 19, 2020
Bulgaria
cubecraft.net
Hi!
Actually, I do not agree both suggestions.
First, it's kinda unnecessary and waste of time to the developers to do that.
Or if I need to choose one of the both ideas, I will choose Idea 1 in case the player disconnect from the server while opening a cubelet because of weak internet connection.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!
Actually, I do not agree both suggestions.
First, it's kinda unnecessary and waste of time to the developers to do that.
Or if I need to choose one of the both ideas, I will choose Idea 1 in case the player disconnect from the server while opening a cubelet because of weak internet connection.
Honestly i dont agree at all, its not a huge feature to implement and is a very good as a qol feature. This is quite necessary, people spend a lot of games of playtime before they get a cubelet that they want to open and to have it ruined and not know what you get by this is just not very good IMO.

Overall i agree with the suggestion(idea 1) great thread crystal +1

4Moonlightt

Sr. Modlightt
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 10, 2020
Hyrule
Another option could be stopping the party from joining a game when a party member is opening a cubelet. It would just send a message to the party owner like "a party member is currently opening a cubelet". This is just a idea I don't know if it's a possible option or if it would be way harder to implement. Otherwise i would probably go with 1. But option 2 would probably be the easiest way to fix this problem, and personally I don't really get disconnected when this happens I don't know if it's actually a problem that people have? Nice suggestion!

D

Deleted member 576174

Honestly i dont agree at all, [...]

Overall i agree with the suggestion(idea 1) great thread crystal +1
You still partly agree

LightsOff_

Novice Member
Sep 6, 2020
Antartica
You can order items by time received. I always check what I got this way. It is not the best solution but it doesn't take alot of tipe to check.

Reactions: 404Owl

DimokratisNt

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2020
Greece
If you are in the middle of opening a cubelet and get pulled into a game (such as the party leader), your cubelet disappears and you are unsure of what you received. My suggestion is to come up with a mechanism that prevents that. Here are two of my ideas:

Idea 1: If the cubelet is not fully opened yet and you join a game, the cubelet goes back into your cubelet vault.

Idea 2: You still get a message in chat even while in-game lobby telling you what you received.

Leave an :agree: if you want this to be added, or leave an :disagree: if you don't want this to be added but please let me know why down below! :)

I think idea 2 will be more easy for the developers to make because it will basically make cubelet openings work with any player regardless if they are switching servers but I am not an expert so I do not know

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey CrystalDrop, thanks for the suggestion.

This idea has been mentioned a few times, there have been countless times where we've all opened a Cubelet and have no idea what we got because we got pulled into a game.

At this time due to the way the Cubelet system works idea one wouldn't be possible, so we'll proceed with idea two.

I'm not entirely sure how the logistics of it would work, so it may be way harder than we think, if this is the case it's possible this suggestion will need to be moved to denied. However we are going to give it a shot and so it will be marked as planned for now.

~ Marked as planned :]

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com

Heyo! We've returned.

Turns out- idea 2 would take forever due to major infrastructure changes being required as technically in-game the server has no idea what loot item you just unlocked and would require information to move between servers.

So instead we've created Idea 3.

A recent unlocks button inside the cubelet machine that displays all previously unlocked loot in order of the time/date you unlocked them. If you were pulled into a game and didn't get to see what you got- you will see whether it was something new via this menu.

Unfortunately, it doesn't display duplicates as this was also quite a bit of work, it's not perfect but nothing really fit well so we think it's a good enough step for now. If you strongly believe it's not good enough then feel free to re-suggest something new or additional changes.

Marked as implemented and locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Frontlane wrote on Kazwa's profile.
IMG_4902.gif
Top Bottom