Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
ctwga.jpg

Yes, OP Skywars is fun and all, but you get bored quickly of efficiency 1337 picks and punch III bows. I think it'd make it more interesting if the following was implemented.

So here's my idea:
The Cubecraft devs have already demonstrated their ability to make items with custom enchantments, attributes, and behaviors, like the wither bow from SCB or the splegger from Splegg. I think it'd be super duper fantastic if we could have a super-OP version of Skywars. Here's just a few of the ideas that have popped into my head over the past week:

Wither Bow: A bow that fires wither bombs.
Ghast Cannon: A bow that fires ghast balls.
Blaze Bow: A bow that fires fireballs in rapid succession.
Hookshot Bow: A bow that catapults the user toward the target.
Lightning Bow: A bow that summons lightning on the target.
Mob Grenade: A throwable item that spawns a random mob, from squid to angry pigmen to ghast.
Flashbang: A throwable item that blinds anyone within range.
Jetpack: A wearable item that lets you propel yourself 5-10 blocks in the air. Uses up armor durability.
Lasso: A throwable item that ties the target to the player, letting you pull them off their island.
Giant Magnet: Causes all items on the ground to fly toward the user.
Airstrike Remote: A throwable item that lets you summon TNT up to 3 times.
Tank Armor: Armor that makes you move slower, but grants knockback resistance and extra protection. Ninja Armor: Armor that makes you move faster, but decreases knockback resistance.
Piston Gloves: An item that allows you to pick up entities and other players (and toss 'em!)
Anti-Gravity Weapons: Melee weapons that knock a player skyward instead of back.
Fish Bait: A throwable item that spawns squids riding squids, making an effective scapegoat.
Avalanche Summoner: Summons many falling blocks of different kinds above the islands, raining potential hazards and goodies alike on the islands.
Chaos Remote: Gives every player a random potion effect for 15 seconds.

Lemme know what you think, ideas and suggestions are welcomed, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

I very much support these as optional enables in Sky Wars (if they are practically codable). The only contentious point - as others highlight - is knockback resistance. Cheaters are a fact of the game and nothing should be done to make them harder to find. Otherwise, I think it is just a matter of how long these options actually take to make. For some (piston gloves) I imagine it is not easy.

n.b. for the lasso: I would just modify the fishing rod to have this behaviour.
n.b. 2 Avalanche - I have toyed with the idea of a layer of leaves with a layer of anvils above. As the leaves randomly disappear, the anvils drop down. I think this would be the easiest way to do it in practise.

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
I very much support these as optional enables in Sky Wars (if they are practically codable). The only contentious point - as others highlight - is knockback resistance. Cheaters are a fact of the game and nothing should be done to make them harder to find. Otherwise, I think it is just a matter of how long these options actually take to make. For some (piston gloves) I imagine it is not easy.

n.b. for the lasso: I would just modify the fishing rod to have this behaviour.
n.b. 2 Avalanche - I have toyed with the idea of a layer of leaves with a layer of anvils above. As the leaves randomly disappear, the anvils drop down. I think this would be the easiest way to do it in practise.
I believe Tacos knows how to do some of these things (if I'm not right correct me) and yeah, completely agree with you in the knockback resistance. Though I feel like the lasso would be a bit too , well, OP in the manner that if it were to pull someone off their island. If you hit the target and pull them off, it's almost as bad as the Punch 3 bows.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
...well, OP in the manner that if it were to pull someone off their island. If you hit the target and pull them off, it's almost as bad as the Punch 3 bows.

I think it is okay if you heavily limit the range. Fishing rods for example are mostly useless due to their low range. In >2000 games, I have been killed by a fishing rod only once.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I'm not sure if you know, but the falling sand entity can take the form of any block, from sand to water to chests to diamonds. The idea of this item is to cause some much needed chaos. When you use it, you could be giving yourself diamonds, covering your island in lava, smooshing an enemy with an anvil... The possibilities are endless and that's precisely the kind of insanity I'm looking for.

As for the knockback resistance armor, I wanted to implement that because HOLY SNAP DOES IT SUCK TO GET PUNCHED OFF YOUR ISLAND WITH 1 ARROW. At least with this armor, you can choose between speed and safety, but as many of you have mentioned, it might help to conceal hackers (though it would also make anti-knockback hacks unnecessary, possibly leading to their reduction in popularity.) Completely up to the devs if they wanna include it or not.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
I'm not sure if you know, but the falling sand entity can take the form of any block...
Nope, actually didn't know that, thanks. A certain slightly slow randomness in the fall pattern is still needed though, hence I suggested the leaves.

HOLY SNAP DOES IT SUCK TO GET PUNCHED OFF YOUR ISLAND WITH 1 ARROW.

It's not called Sky Wars without reason :p

Reactions: Younisco

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Nope, actually didn't know that, thanks. A certain slightly slow randomness in the fall pattern is still needed though, hence I suggested the leaves.
That'd require the build team to put that over all the maps (and also give players free anvils). I'd prefer something like this:

*Player activates Avalanche*
Server announces "AVALAAAAAAAAAAAAANCHE!"
*Dozens of random blocks start bombarding the map and chaos ensues*

FallingSand also has a variable to hurt the player if it lands on them (like an anvil, but it can be any block) so it'd be hilarious to see all the players scrambling about, looking for safety underground or under trees or what have you.

Reactions: ItsYaBoyJavid

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
That'd require the build team to put that over all the maps

No more so than your alternative I think. I would have thought making "avalanche" a rule that:

(1) for every land block with sun shining on it
(2) leaves are placed 10 blocks higher and
(3) sand is placed 11 blocks higher

would not require detailed work on each map individually.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
No more so than your alternative I think. I would have thought making "avalanche" a rule that:

(1) for every land block with sun shining on it
(2) leaves are placed 10 blocks higher and
(3) sand is placed 11 blocks higher

would not require detailed work on each map individually.

Avalanche is an item that summons these blocks, not a "rule." It's possible to summon a ton of entities using a plugin, and you could even make it by using nothing more than a custom mob spawner.

Here's a video I made a while back demonstrating what you can do with falling sand entities:

Here's a video by YouTuber SethBling, making a similar but more advanced falling sand device using redstone.

As you can see, no leaf contraption is needed. I don't know much about coding plugins in Java, but I know it would be a simple if then statement in Lua.
Essentially...
"If player right clicks while holding Avalanche, Avalanche Event will be triggered."
"If Avalanche Event has been triggered, spawn X amount of blocks in X radius around player."
"If Avalanche Event has been triggered, remove Avalanche from player's inventory."
"If X amount of blocks have been spawned, stop Avalanche Event."

Coding this shouldn't be too difficult and it would be a heck of a lot cooler for a ton of blocks to come out of the sky than for some leaf thing to just decay.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014

Sure. I have never made a Minecraft plugin. If you say it is easier to do this then I believe you.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
How much time do you spend on these memes xD
cwdu1.png

Though I feel like the lasso would be a bit too , well, OP in the manner that if it were to pull someone off their island. If you hit the target and pull them off, it's almost as bad as the Punch 3 bows.
You can break a lead tie by placing blocks in front of you and letting the other person get too far away.

Sweet idea man sounds great It's always cool having new and cool ideas thanks!
I sometimes think you're a robot whose job is to say nice things to people on the internet. Neat, I have a robot friend.

Reactions: Younisco and Soph

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
I like the ideas a lot and they would defiantly make it way more interesting. Though about the Tank, it shouldnt have no knock back due to the fact that people would probably rage too much or even report the person of anti-kb and they could get falsely banned/ no way of telling if hacks or not.
Could be dyed with an inpossible color to get and could be leather armor?

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
I dont know why but I think this would fit more if it was called Skywars Frenzy/Arcade and was only available for Emerald+ to vote for

Reactions: BAD-MON
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
Top Bottom