Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
A quick tip if you might not know:

Generators hold items for up to 25 seconds. After 25 seconds since an item was generated, it despawns.

How was this tested?
Several generators were used to test this mechanic. Levels 1 (10sec), 2 (5sec), and 3 (2.5sec) diamond generators and levels 1 (5sec), 2 (3.5sec), 3 (2sec), and 4 (1 sec) gold generators were used. Each generator was visited at least every 30 seconds to a minute.

The diamond level 1 generator was found to have 3 diamonds. A level 2 had 5 diamonds and a level 3 had 10.
The gold generator had 5 gold at level 1, 7 gold at level 2, 13 gold at level 3, and 26 gold at level 4.

What does this mean?
Depending on how you gather your materials, it may not necessarily be a good idea to upgrade them due to the high cost. If you upgrade and then leave that location for a long time, then you won't benefit from the upgraded generator. It may sometimes be better to leave a generator as is or upgrade it 1 or 2 times (depending how much you need).

Reactions: Power Ranger

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
A quick tip if you might not know:

Generators hold items for up to 25 seconds. After 25 seconds since an item was generated, it despawns.

How was this tested?
Several generators were used to test this mechanic. Levels 1 (10sec), 2 (5sec), and 3 (2.5sec) diamond generators and levels 1 (5sec), 2 (3.5sec), 3 (2sec), and 4 (1 sec) gold generators were used. Each generator was visited at least every 30 seconds to a minute.

The diamond level 1 generator was found to have 3 diamonds. A level 2 had 5 diamonds and a level 3 had 10.
The gold generator had 5 gold at level 1, 7 gold at level 2, 13 gold at level 3, and 26 gold at level 4.

What does this mean?
Depending on how you gather your materials, it may not necessarily be a good idea to upgrade them due to the high cost. If you upgrade and then leave that location for a long time, then you won't benefit from the upgraded generator. It may sometimes be better to leave a generator as is or upgrade it 1 or 2 times (depending how much you need).
Wow.... You must have a lot or spare time on your hands to actually test something like this.

Reactions: Okaywhatever

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
1: not everyone is like that
2: some players might constently be at mid to farm kills from the players who come to mid and the Tokens
3: most players already know about this
4: whats the fun without taking risks

BryanTheBacon

Aug 19, 2016
Thanks this could help a lot of people. Only thing is that everyone loves upgrading for more money so no one will just upgrade to 1 and 2.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Thanks this could help a lot of people. Only thing is that everyone loves upgrading for more money so no one will just upgrade to 1 and 2.
It takes time to break even before you can profit from the upgraded generator. It's not just the extra money but also the time it costs to break even.

As an example, take an iron generator at the start of a solo game. We'll assume the user does not have money bags. It starts at level 1 (1 iron/sec). When you upgrade it, it costs 20 iron to produce 1 iron per 0.75 seconds (33% faster, or 1.33 iron/sec). This takes 20 seconds to get the iron and then another 15 seconds before you break even (so 20 iron and a level 2 generator after 35 seconds). Assuming you're using the iron only from that generator, the total upgrade cost for this generator is therefore 20 iron and 15 seconds before you get more than keeping a level 1 gen.

Depending on your strategy, it may be better to forgo upgrading in favor of getting more resources at an earlier time.

Zidkon

Feb 11, 2017
I didn't know it was 25 seconds, but I thought it was a limit in the quantity of items because it is much more fair that way. Anyways is not that important.

It is better to decide if with the diamonds I have just got from mid I should upgrade the generator, so my team can dig it for long period and die falling from an edge wasting my time, or I should buy myself armor and weapon and go kill the other teams...

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mysticil's profile.
Welcome to the forums I hope you will enjoy your stay here!:D
Cool reaction score:
IMG_5407.jpeg

Thanks @TheOrderOfSapphire for being my 3333rd lol
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D If you need help just dm me or other staff and we will be happy to help you. ^-^
Reesle wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :)
You’re cool for joining 😎
UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
Top Bottom