• No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
So, for some reason, this is literally the best I can get out of OBS:
I know it does appear the video is only 7 seconds long, but I was attempting to record for over half a minute.

Also, I did set OBS's FPS pretty close to Minecraft's FPS, but it still doesn't work.

So, what should I do to get it to record properly?

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
If minecraft's fps goes below the required for obs then it will freeze the video, try to set it lower than your usual fps in minecraft

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Personally, just keep your settings on 30 FPS , recording at 720p. This will help stop this issue from happening. From experience, OBS is very sketchy. I only use it for streams, which is the only thing it can do properly (in my opinion).

Luckily, when recording my screen (full screen capture, NOT Minecraft specifically), it works OK. However I never use OBS to full out record Minecraft, this is because I get the same issue as you. The only weird thing, is that the problem does not happen when streaming.

When recording Minecraft, for things like player reports, I always use Windows 10 Game DVR. If you wish to learn more just ask.

Reactions: Vrtulnik

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Hmm weird. It works perfectly fine for me.

Try setting the priority of obs to high in the taskmenu (I always do this to prevent frozen parts)

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
When I record I have to play in small screen, I tried a lot of new settings but it all did not work, maybe you guys can give some feedback?

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Do you think the OBS developers know about this?

In the eyes of the developers, the software is fine. What they don't do , is take into consideration that some users don't have beast PC's. Just lower your settings, it should help your game performance while recording, meaning your FPS won't drop too low while recording (avoiding the issue your having ).

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
Top Bottom