Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nick for Gold+?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NetherOvelord

Jun 29, 2016
Personally, I have been playing on cube craft for 3 and a half years and I have been waiting for a /nick command but nope only for YT's so gold+ aren't important and yes we get targeted because of noobs who are brats and are never happy with what we vote for and giving them a free vote pass is not enough apparently they want more and I have had enough I have waited 2 years for this and this is how they add it!? You can't even choose your own name or rank! And they choose to add it just for YT's what about us don't we matter!? Or at least let yu pay to get the command because if you won't let us use it at least let us buy it for people who actually need it but no we don't matter (I'm aware I've said that lot)!!!!!...

Don't vote if you don't have Gold+ and don't vote if you have YT

And Helper+ choose your answer after poll is closed!

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
[QUOTE="NetherOvelord, post: 811667, member: 166133" and yes we get targeted because of noobs[/QUOTE]

It's in your own hands, if you get killed/focussed by a noob, you can effortlessly kill him because he's a ''noob''
Also, when players are spamming ''VOTE OP!?!?!'', you can just overlook them.
It would be cool to /nick but I don't think it's essential, it's just the game if you get killed.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
There is a very marginal difference between players who target ranked players versus players who target Youtubers. Obviouslt, we give a Youtuber a rank, however the general player base feels like that rank is extremely glorified and you get some sort of prize when you target them and kill them. Watch a Youtuber like PeteZahHutt who plays in the server, before /nick, he got targeted pretty much every game, as he has fans who sees his name and decide to target him. There may be people who target ranked players, but definitely not as much as a Youtuber.

Plus, if ranked players have /nick, it would be a lot of tracking names, due to the large playerbase, reports and others. All will be backtracked due to it.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Of course Gold ranks matter. You donated to the server. But I hardly doubt you get targeted every game, whereas a YouTuber probably does.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Personally, I have been playing on cube craft for 3 and a half years and I have been waiting for a /nick command but nope only for YT's so gold+ aren't important and yes we get targeted because of noobs who are brats and are never happy with what we vote for and giving them a free vote pass is not enough apparently they want more and I have had enough I have waited 2 years for this and this is how they add it!? You can't even choose your own name or rank! And they choose to add it just for YT's what about us don't we matter!? Or at least let yu pay to get the command because if you won't let us use it at least let us buy it for people who actually need it but no we don't matter (I'm aware I've said that lot)!!!!!...

And Helper+ choose your answer after poll is closed!
/nick won't make people not target you. You do realize that when you do /nick, it changes your name everyone, including tab and chat. When you vote for something, it will say in chat that you voted, and people could still target you since they know your name. So yeah, /nick would change nothing.
I don't think this should be changed. There is no reason for any rank, other than staff and youtubers, to have access to /nick. Plus, there are so many gold+ ranks, it would probably lag the server and take up quite a lot of storage if everyone was changing their name.

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Who's to say it should only be added for Gold+? Way to throw Iron and Lapiz ranks under the bus.

To answer your question, no, /nick should not be available to the public as that'd be complete mayhem. It would allow players to violate the rules to exempt themselves from punishments. It would also enable chat-bots and scammers to advertise phishing links and virus software under an alias that won't get them reported as easily.

You can't even choose your own name or rank!
That would be because otherwise, one could use /nick to impersonate a well-known staff member or YouTuber to deceive other people, possibly to a malicious extent.

The /nick command should however, in my opinion, be made available to staff members.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
-Firstly
Youtuber Ranks Already Have The Perks Of An Obsidian Rank
But People Who Are Gold Ranks Could Then Exploit This into getting an obby rank
it will give you a random name with a random rank & /nick gives you the perks of that rank
-Secondly
In A Ratio Of Gold+ Ranks To Youtuber Ranks The Gold+ Ranks Will Have A Much Higher Number
That Means There Will Be Much More Abuse Of This Perk Then There Is Now
-Thirdly
Being Targeted From What You Vote Isn't Really A Huge Problem
So What 1 Game Somebody Targets You Because You Vote OP
People With Youtuber Ranks Normally Get Targeted Much MUCH More Than The Average Gold+ Rank
-Fourthly
Staff Said It Won't Happen So It Won't Happen

Reactions: BeamerBaby

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
I don't think this will ever be implemented.... But if it's going to it has to be for Obsidian ranks only. Otherwise everyone is walking with some stupid nickname.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I don't think this will ever be implemented.... But if it's going to it has to be for Obsidian ranks only. Otherwise everyone is walking with some stupid nickname.
And you're saying this because you're obsidian or because you think obsidian people are getting targeted more? :,). I hope this will never get added for not youtubers and if it will, please make it for everyone available because believe me, every single person with a rank gets targeted.

Why? Their opinion counts too. It would be fair if they couldn't share their opinion.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
I bought a gold rank last week or so and i don't get targeted that much :/

I don't see the reason of adding this.

NetherOvelord

Jun 29, 2016
Who's to say it should only be added for Gold+? Way to throw Iron and Lapiz ranks under the bus.

To answer your question, no, /nick should not be available to the public as that'd be complete mayhem. It would allow players to violate the rules to exempt themselves from punishments. It would also enable chat-bots and scammers to advertise phishing links and virus software under an alias that won't get them reported as easily.

That would be because otherwise, one could use /nick to impersonate a well-known staff member or YouTuber to deceive other people, possibly to a malicious extent.

The /nick command should however, in my opinion, be made available to staff members.
Because we pay to vote for things iron and lapiz don't they only support the server!

NetherOvelord

Jun 29, 2016
And you're saying this because you're obsidian or because you think obsidian people are getting targeted more? :,). I hope this will never get added for not youtubers and if it will, please make it for everyone available because believe me, every single person with a rank gets targeted.

Why? Their opinion counts too. It would be fair if they couldn't share their opinion.
Because otherwhere get people who don't know what the hell they are talking about because they don't have the experience of those ranks!!!

NetherOvelord

Jun 29, 2016
AND FOR THE LAST GOD DAMN TIME DON'T COMMENT IF YOU DONT HAVE GOLD+!

AND YES STAFF MEMBERS CAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Pluisje wrote on Frontlane's profile.
pro helper??!?!?!
Pluisje wrote on caraMel's profile.
I really like cheese, do you?
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #52-
The minecraft music disc 11 lasts for 1 minute, 11 seconds and 111 milliseconds!
It was hard writing this on a tv (yes, I sometimes write facts on a tv lol).
Top Bottom