• 2016-11-13_00.58.35.png
    2016-11-13_00.58.35.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: Power Ranger

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I like the concept of a focused high-damage tower. However I feel like for example lvl3 does 14damage per second. Do u even know how much damage that would be in your calculations. Also nor all mobs have the same amount of health.

Tom25W

Nov 12, 2016
I like the concept of a focused high-damage tower. However I feel like for example lvl3 does 14damage per second. Do u even know how much damage that would be in your calculations. Also nor all mobs have the same amount of health.
Oh yeah,wait let me get the picture I was actually going to show off
thanks

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I think this would be a cool tower to add though Im not sure how much damage those numbers would actually do :P as long as its a high damaging tower I'm fine with it :D Also cool how it will be another option to deal with flying entities

Reactions: Tom25W

Tom25W

Nov 12, 2016
I think this would be a cool tower to add though Im not sure how much damage those numbers would actually do :p as long as its a high damaging tower I'm fine with it :D Also cool how it will be another option to deal with flying entities
Upgrade 3 would be 9 damage. 10 damage would be 1 displayed ":" from the health bar.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Let me see if i have everything right. It doesn't hit ground mobs, it costs a total of 2,300 coins to upgrade to its max level, its speed in which it damages mobs is roughly around the speed of a mage tower, and it hits only one target at a time. The sign in the pictures say that it attacks silverfish, endermites, and blazes. That's why I'm assuming that it doesn't hit ground mobs. The initial cost is 500 coins to place, then it's 600 coins followed by 1,200 coins to upgrade it from there, totaling at 2,300 coins. To anyone that's really watched a mage tower burn a horde of zombies, try to picture how fast it does damage to zombies, and then remember that zombies have 40 health. I believe it only hits one target at a time simply because the sign's first line says "Locks on target", not "Locks on targets", and it says "No AOF" on another one of the signs... I think it means it's not an AoE tower, which stands for Area of Effect. Please correct me on any misunderstandings that I have about this tower.

If I have all of my information correct, then this just seems like a Zeus tower that does damage, costs more, targets only flying mobs, and it hits the same number of mobs at a time. If this is the case, and my all of my facts are correct, then you don't have a "yes" from me, because as I said, it sounds like a more expensive, but lower damaging version of a Zeus tower. However, if it targets all air mobs in range at the same time, then this is exactly the tower that I've been looking for or hoping to see. The damage isn't so high that it's overpowered, and it means that enough of them can do considerable damage to air mobs... so much so that I'd definitely want to see it in game. I've been wanting an air AoE tower for awhile now.

Again, if I have anything wrong, please tell me that I do. I won't cast my vote until I'm sure that I have everything correct.

Tom25W

Nov 12, 2016
Let me see if i have everything right. It doesn't hit ground mobs, it costs a total of 2,300 coins to upgrade to its max level, its speed in which it damages mobs is roughly around the speed of a mage tower, and it hits only one target at a time. The sign in the pictures say that it attacks silverfish, endermites, and blazes. That's why I'm assuming that it doesn't hit ground mobs. The initial cost is 500 coins to place, then it's 600 coins followed by 1,200 coins to upgrade it from there, totaling at 2,300 coins. To anyone that's really watched a mage tower burn a horde of zombies, try to picture how fast it does damage to zombies, and then remember that zombies have 40 health. I believe it only hits one target at a time simply because the sign's first line says "Locks on target", not "Locks on targets", and it says "No AOF" on another one of the signs... I think it means it's not an AoE tower, which stands for Area of Effect. Please correct me on any misunderstandings that I have about this tower.

If I have all of my information correct, then this just seems like a Zeus tower that does damage, costs more, targets only flying mobs, and it hits the same number of mobs at a time. If this is the case, and my all of my facts are correct, then you don't have a "yes" from me, because as I said, it sounds like a more expensive, but lower damaging version of a Zeus tower. However, if it targets all air mobs in range at the same time, then this is exactly the tower that I've been looking for or hoping to see. The damage isn't so high that it's overpowered, and it means that enough of them can do considerable damage to air mobs... so much so that I'd definitely want to see it in game. I've been wanting an air AoE tower for awhile now.

Again, if I have anything wrong, please tell me that I do. I won't cast my vote until I'm sure that I have everything correct.

Almost.A mage tower wont damage most flying mobs due their fire resistance.
The tower is focussing on air defence,and is slightly better than an zeus tower-but only in air defence. A zeus needs more time to charge up,and therefore the redstone tower would be a little bit better in my oppinion.Just place multiple redstone towers to increase attack damage/second.

Last edited:

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Almost.A mage tower wont damage most flying mobs due their fire resistance.
The tower is focussing on air defence,and is slightly better than an zeus tower-but only in air defence. A zeus needs more time to charge up,and therefore the redstone tower would be a little bit better in my oppinion
Yes, I'm aware that they don't damage endermites and blazes, however, a blaze has 410 health and at 9 damage per second, it takes longer than 45 seconds just to kill 1 blaze, plus there's the 2 seconds that your tower takes to start attacking. If your tower hit more air mobs at once, and did a bit more than 9 damage, I'd consider using the tower. I will admit to not knowing the exact damage of a Zeus tower as of right now, but I still feel like it would do more damage than your tower. Overall, I just don't feel like 2,300 coins is worth that amount of damage on a single air mob. If it hit several air mobs at once, I'd be more tempted to use it... otherwise, this just looks like a customized Zeus tower. I think you would have a better chance of having your tower accepted if you'd change a few things about it, because again, this tower is too similar to a Zeus tower. I do like the design and idea behind it though.

Tom25W

Nov 12, 2016
Yes, I'm aware that they don't damage endermites and blazes, however, a blaze has 410 health and at 9 damage per second, it takes longer than 45 seconds just to kill 1 blaze, plus there's the 2 seconds that your tower takes to start attacking. If your tower hit more air mobs at once, and did a bit more than 9 damage, I'd consider using the tower. I will admit to not knowing the exact damage of a Zeus tower as of right now, but I still feel like it would do more damage than your tower. Overall, I just don't feel like 2,300 coins is worth that amount of damage on a single air mob. If it hit several air mobs at once, I'd be more tempted to use it... otherwise, this just looks like a customized Zeus tower. I think you would have a better chance of having your tower accepted if you'd change a few things about it, because again, this tower is too similar to a Zeus tower. I do like the design and idea behind it though.
The damage output of this tower is adjusted
To the health of the Silverfish. Lvl3 is almost 1 health indicator (":") and allowing the tower to attack multiple towers is too overpowered

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
In retrospect, I want to say that it's not a good idea since it's just another version of the zeus tower. Instead of high burst damage, we instead have a beam every second. It would be nice if it had its base damage at level 3 buffed from 9 to 15 per second and have an AoE effect or additional lock-on effect. For example, 50% of the base damage (7.5 at level 3) is dealt to nearby flyers (does not affect ground mobs) or have its beam lock onto multiple targets for each upgrade. Catch is, this tower has to do much better than the turret tower; if not, at least change the turret tower to hit harder or launch arrows at faster intervals.

Additional targeting mechanic*: At level 1, the tower attacks only 1 mob (no extra targets). Each level adds +1 target that the tower's beam can lock onto (e.g. at level 2, tower can haves its beam lock onto 1 additional target. At level 3, tower can have its beam lock onto 2 additional targets). If the beam locks onto multiple targets, then the initial target still takes the full 15 DPS but the other 2 targets take only 50% of the base damage (7.5 DPS). Multiple towers can lock onto the same mob, stacking DPS. We still achieve the crowd-control effect while encouraging this tower to act as a support tower.

What if this tower is too OP: See that this tower is a 5x5? Not many 5x5 spaces are available in the map. Though you can use 4 3x3s (a single 6x6), you trade the 4 3x3 towers for 1 5x5. 5x5s are also costly and losing one to the wither or having the enemy team send something resistant to the 5x5 is a sure way to effectively lose that 2.3k cash. There's a "bug" (more or less a feature) that allows TNT towers to hit air targets with TNT splash damage.

*If extra lock-on is underpowered, then replace it with splash damage.

EDIT: I thought about this even more. I'd say make it splash damage and have it shoot missiles at the target. I don't know the DPS of the archer and turret towers, but if they're higher than this tower, then the benefits aren't good enough.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂