Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this gamemode added?

• Yes it seems like a good idea!

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • I am not a pvper, but this would be cool for them!

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Maybe, I would like to see a revised version of this after community feedback has taken place!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No, I do not like the idea of taking a game from another server and bringing it to Cubecraft.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I would rather stick to just 1v1 duels that are not a stepladder format.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
On a different server, there is a pvp game where it starts with 16 players, each facing off in 1v1's. Then the remaining 8 go and face off again, leaving only 4 players left, who again, square off until there are only two. Last fight decides who wins.

I am suggestion that you bring something like this to Cubecraft as I feel it will be a fun new gamemode, and it will let players face off to see who is the best pvper out a group.

GEAR
Gear for the first round will be:
  • Bow with 5 arrows​
  • Gold chestplate and leggings​
  • Leather helmet and boots​
  • Wood sword​
  • 32 blocks​
  • Iron pickaxe​
  • 4 cooked fish​
Gear for the 2nd round will be:
  • Bow with 6 arrows​
  • Chain chestplate and leggings​
  • Gold helmet and boots​
  • Stone sword​
  • 32 blocks​
  • Iron pickaxe​
  • 4 cooked fish​
Gear for the 3rd round will be:
  • Bow with 7 arrows​
  • Iron chestplate and leggings​
  • Chain helmet and boots​
  • Iron sword​
  • 32 blocks​
  • Iron pickaxe​
  • 4 cooked beef​
Gear for the 4th round will be:
  • Bow with 8 arrows​
  • Diamond chestplate and leggings​
  • Iron helmet and boots​
  • Diamond sword​
  • 32 blocks​
  • Iron pickaxe​
  • 4 cooked beef​
Gear for the 5th and final round will be:
  • Bow with power 1 and 10 arrows
  • Diamond chestplate and leggings with protection 1
  • Diamond helmet and boots with projectile protection 1
  • Diamond sword with sharpness 1
  • 32 blocks
  • Iron pickaxe
  • 1 Golden Apple
  • 8 cooked beef
Game Mechanics
  • Games can begin a countdown timer when there are at least 8 players waiting
  • Next round of matches start with a 10 second countdown timer after previous matches have finished (not including the first round)
  • Players take hunger loss only during the battle phase (after a fight is done the victor gets healed to full hp and full hunger, and also will not take any hunger loss until the next battle begins)
  • After 2 minutes if any match other than the final is still tied, the player with the most amount of health remaining is crowned the victor and gets to move on.
  • In the case of a tie with remaining health, the player who dealt the most damage will move on
  • The final battle will last up to 5 minutes, and in case of no one killing the opponent, the player who dealt the most damage will win
REWARDS
Rewards for 1st place: 50 exp, 25 points

Rewards for 2nd place: 25 exp, 10 points

Rewards for participating: 10 exp

Saying GG after a fight: 3 exp (normally 1 in all other games but we need more people saying GG :))

I hope you liked this idea. If you have any suggestions on how to improve this please leave your ideas down below, and I will update this thread as needed, so we can form a solid gamemode with this idea!

ACHIEVEMENTS
Warrior: Win your first game off (game name)
Knight: Win 10 games of (game name)
Champion: Win 100 games of (game name)
Master: Win 1000 games of (game name)
Grandmaster: Win 10000 games of (game name)

Lucky: Win in the final round with half a heart remaining
Perfection: Win any round without taking any damage
Legolas: Kill someone with a bow
I Believe I Can Fly: Die from fall damage
I'd rather walk: Win a match without sprinting
Fine Margins: Win a match with less than 5 seconds remaining

Last edited:

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
That idea honestly made me excited reading it. Gear and stuff can always be changed, but just the concept and mechanics can fit so perfectly. Quickly my opinions.
Hmm, sounds good, that means players start in the quarter finals, and games don't start with an odd amount of players. Honestly, I think it's going to be really hard to make games with 10,12 or 14 players, but these are things we can fix in the future.
  • Individual matches start a 10 seconds countdown timer when all previous matches have finished
I'd say it's better to start a 10 second countdown when 50% of the players have finished. So if you're in the quarter finals (which means 4 fights), when 2 are finished, the other 2 have 10 seconds left and the one with the most HP wins, a tie means the one with the most durability on his armour.
  • Players take no hunger loss
Not a good idea, because generation will be too easy and fights take longer than usual, hunger is perfectly fine and would give the fights some pace.
  • After 2 minutes if any match other than the final is still tied, the player with the most amount of health remaining is crowned the victor and gets to move on.
I think I misunderstood number 2 then, but oh well. This basicly is the same as what I said there.
  • In the case of a tie with remaining health, the player who dealt the most damage will move on
Could also be a better option yeah, and would be easier to make I believe, rather than the one with the highest armor durability.
  • The final battle will last up to 5 minutes, and in case of no one killing the opponent, the player who dealt the most damage will win
Seems fine, good suggestion!

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
"Hmm, sounds good, that means players start in the quarter finals, and games don't start with an odd amount of players. Honestly, I think it's going to be really hard to make games with 10,12 or 14 players, but these are things we can fix in the future."

If there are not 16 players when the game starts, some people would randomly get a free pass to the quarterfinals. For example, there are 13 players when the game starts, since there needs to be 8 matches, lets start assigning matches; (1,9) (2,10) (3,11) (4,12) (5,13) (6,14(Freepass)) (7,15(Freepass)) (8,16(FreePass)).

This makes sure everyone will have a match in the quarterfinals unless someone quits after they win their match.

• Individual matches start a 10 seconds countdown timer when all previous matches have finished
"I'd say it's better to start a 10 second countdown when 50% of the players have finished. So if you're in the quarter finals (which means 4 fights), when 2 are finished, the other 2 have 10 seconds left and the one with the most HP wins, a tie means the one with the most durability on his armour."

"I think I misunderstood number 2 then, but oh well. This basicly is the same as what I said there."

Personally I am not a fan of forced ending matches. If time is an issue, we can lower the time you get to fight down to 1 minute, but then personally I would like to see less blocks as some people may just try to camp the entire time. Thoughts? (reading my sentence about the countdowns again I see how it was hard to understand, going to edit it right now)

• Players take no hunger loss
"Not a good idea, because generation will be too easy and fights take longer than usual, hunger is perfectly fine and would give the fights some pace."

Sure, I can go and add some food to each of the rounds. Maybe if there are voting options the ability to vote for hunger would be cool :)

Thanks for your feedback :)

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom