Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented to the server?

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
  • Hello everyone! Today I was playing MinerWare and I got bored because the bossgames have always been the same. It's so monotonous and repetitive by now that I don't even feel like trying to win. So I thought, what new bossgames could be added into MinerWare. Then I realized they don't have to be new. You can just bring back some old games!

So there's four removed game candidates that I thought were a perfect fit for Minerware, those are: Barn Brawl, Hourglass, Parkour Minigame, and Blockband.

First, Blockband. I don't know if the Blockband plugin still exists, but if it does then it could be incorporated into Minerware! There should be at least 3 songs for each mode (Normal and Hard) so it doesn't get boring eventually. They should probably be made shorter though. And the player with the most points/stars wins the bossgame.

sPkd23L.png

Barn Brawl, was sadly removed after the Big Change. It wasn't a bad game, it was very entertaining in fact. But sadly it wasn't popular enough to make the cut. Now, you might be thinking Minerware is not a team gamemode. And barn brawl is a team gamemode. Well it doesn't really matter, because it's a very reduced amount of players who would win the bossgame.

Barn Brawl has four teams, Minerware has twelve players. So thats three players per team. So realistically, only three people are ever gonna be able to win the bossgame at a time. Plus, this wouldn't be the only team cooperation in Minerware. Don't forget about the snowball fight microgame and the mini eggwars microgame.

tzcQlZ7.jpg

Hourglass is a very simple game. Just like all the other games I've mentioned, the length of the game should be shortened and that's all. It's all it needs to fit perfectly within MinerWare.

JwCX1sB.png

At last, the Parkour Minigame and special thanks to @Rivanaul for having helped me with this one. Originally, to win in the Parkour Minigame you had to be the first one to obtain 10 diamond blocks/points. This would take way too long for a MinerWare bossgame. So instead of making players get an X amount of points, they just have to get the greatest number of points as possible in a set amount of time.

RJVUF8u.png

Why add these games back? All of these games fit perfectly within the theme of Minerware. They only require a few tweaks to make them take less time. They don't involve PvP, they make you explore other skills within Minecraft. And that's pretty much what MinerWare is about. Plus, you would satisfy a big part of the community that either wants one of these games back (even if as something small) or is looking forward for a MinerWare update.

I'm not entirely sure of how possible this "update" would be. Since most games might probably be outdated and full of bugs. But the way I see it, it's worth the effort. You're bringing back old content beloved by many, but in the shape of new content, welcomed by many.

Thanks for reading! Any type of feedback is appreciated!

Kozi

Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2017
Gallia Belgica
Hey Elivat

I really like the idea you have there! The few bossgames that we have now are fun, but they get boring if you play a lot of them.

Blockband: Personally, I don't think this game fits in Minerware. The reason for that, is that I actually think it is too complex for a bossgame. I like Minerware because it's simple. The way how I feel about Blockband, doesn't fit in that category.

Barn Brawl: I really liked this game when Arcade was still around. I would also like to see this back in a way, and I do think that Minerware is suitable for this, although it should be redeveloped in my opinion. For example: I have 11 points and someone else has 12 points at the end of the 15 microgames. The bossbattle begins, and it is Barn Brawl. But unfortunaly we are in the same team. So or we both get 3 points or both get 0. There's no situation were I could get first (unless the player leaves). I would be very frustrated. Because of that, I don't want teams in bossgames. I would agree to get this game back if it was solo (although it would be very chaotic).

Hourglass: Yes Yes Yes, I loved this game. It would be so nice to see it back!

Parkour Minigame: I have played this game a long time ago. At that time I probably didn't really liked it, but I searched for it on Youtube, and it looks like a fun game, that would be suitable as a bossgame!

Reactions: Eli

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
For example: I have 11 points and someone else has 12 points at the end of the 15 microgames. The bossbattle begins, and it is Barn Brawl. But unfortunaly we are in the same team. So or we both get 3 points or both get 0. There's no situation were I could get first (unless the player leaves). I would be very frustrated. Because of that, I don't want teams in bossgames. I would agree to get this game back if it was solo (although it would be very chaotic).
Maybe instead of giving the winning team points the points can be given on how much points you score, and then an extra 10 for winning.
So you can still beat them.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hey Elivat

I really like the idea you have there! The few bossgames that we have now are fun, but they get boring if you play a lot of them.

Blockband: Personally, I don't think this game fits in Minerware. The reason for that, is that I actually think it is too complex for a bossgame. I like Minerware because it's simple. The way how I feel about Blockband, doesn't fit in that category.

Barn Brawl: I really liked this game when Arcade was still around. I would also like to see this back in a way, and I do think that Minerware is suitable for this, although it should be redeveloped in my opinion. For example: I have 11 points and someone else has 12 points at the end of the 15 microgames. The bossbattle begins, and it is Barn Brawl. But unfortunaly we are in the same team. So or we both get 3 points or both get 0. There's no situation were I could get first (unless the player leaves). I would be very frustrated. Because of that, I don't want teams in bossgames. I would agree to get this game back if it was solo (although it would be very chaotic).

Hourglass: Yes Yes Yes, I loved this game. It would be so nice to see it back!

Parkour Minigame: I have played this game a long time ago. At that time I probably didn't really liked it, but I searched for it on Youtube, and it looks like a fun game, that would be suitable as a bossgame!
I don’t think Blockband is complex at all. And I mean, I would expect they would pick simple and slow songs. And harder ones for hard mode.

About barn brawl, perhaps you’re right and maybe the points should be distributed this way:

Let’s say I got 15 mobs.
My friend got 20.
And my other friend got 5.

My first friend gets 3 points. I get 2 points and my other friend gets 1 point.

Another situation:

Friend 1: 20 mobs
Friend 2: 10 mobs.
Me: 20 mobs.

My friend and I will both get 3 points, friend 2 will get 2 points.

Top Bottom