Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Have a map feedback section for designers?

• Total voters

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Proposition: I understand this could be seen as a stretch, but I was thinking about a place on the forums where designers could submit their maps so they can hear the player and community feedback on it. It could be after they reveal the map and could be titled "recently added maps" or "new map feedback".

I know the designers have a very skillful team, and I love the work they do on maps and everything they do for the server! However, sometimes there are players who play the game a lot and have some feedback that could be valuable for new maps and specifically gameplay. After all, players love to be heard and while it is ultimately up to the designers, it would be nice for us to have the option and place to add suggestions and while it may be too late for the new maps to make changes, it could help with future maps.

Thank you for reading this idea and please don't hesitate to comment.

Last edited:

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
This is completely understandable. Perhaps it could just be used as feedback for future maps. Not intending on making processes longer. :)
I feel like this just adds yet another stage to map additions making them take even longer to push to the network, and I don't believe it's necessary at all, our Designers have a very good sense of what makes gameplay fun and we like to try new things, I think more negatives come from this than positives.

Last edited:

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I don't think that's necessary, since as you say it would be an extension. But now look at all the CubeCraft Designers/Builders, they are all very good, and they didn't need to present a map of their own.

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
I agree. Even tho a lot of the maps made my the design team is really cool and well done and you can easily tell they know their stuff. But, getting feedback from the community will be very benifical to make the sever better. The community overall is what decides if the map is good and good for gameplay. Yes, it will make it longer too accept maps but it already takes ages most of the time. I've seen many maps that look really cool, but either the gameplay is hard or something else factors in. Then months or years later it finally gets changed and improved too the community's liking. I know this isn't much of a priority but consider map buidling is for the community.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Completely agree with Savvy.

I feel like this just adds yet another stage to map additions making them take even longer to push to the network, and I don't believe it's necessary at all, our Designers have a very good sense of what makes gameplay fun and we like to try new things, I think more negatives come from this than positives.

I understand that it takes even longer to push maps to the network when adding such thing CrystalDrop suggested. I just want to say that designers still have the final saying in this. This option is meant to be a feedback option, not as an approval. If designers still think their decision is best than they have every right to push their opinion to reality. I think designers are awesome and I never could do what they do. But sometimes people make mistakes and if the community would be able to correct these mistakes, wouldn't that benefit all? Isn't quality better than quantity?

Thanks for reading this.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I don't think this is needed. The designer team is carefully selected and very skilled. Upon that I think they work together in reviewing eachothers work to make sure the maps they make are from the best quality.

It could be fun for regular players to preview upcoming maps but it is just useless. Also I understand Cubecraft doesn't want to give away their new maps as they might want to keep it secretly.

So I'm sorry but it's a no from me!

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Yes, designers are indeed very skilled. They don't need to post the map until it is already added to the server so they don't have to worry about messing up the surprise. Player feedback on maps, will help them when creating future maps. Not saying they have to change things, that is all up to them. :)
I don't think this is needed. The designer team is carefully selected and very skilled. Upon that I think they work together in reviewing eachothers work to make sure the maps they make are from the best quality.

It could be fun for regular players to preview upcoming maps but it is just useless. Also I understand Cubecraft doesn't want to give away their new maps as they might want to keep it secretly.

So I'm sorry but it's a no from me!

Reactions: Shotgun
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom