Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Introduction & Kits

'Midnight' is a game loosely based on the concepts 'The Hunger Games', a book I'm reading at the moment, and 'Fortnite', a game that I've never played myself but is very popular. But, I "really" doubt you've heard of either of these things...

'Midnight' is a game that involves between sixteen and sixty-four players spawning in at random locations across an open map. There is only one win condition: Be the last remaining player. Sounds simple, but with both players and mobs alike posing a threat, being the last player alive isn't as easy as it sounds, especially with the frequent Blood Showers that will occur every six minutes (explained below).

Players start with one of four kits:

Titan
-Leather tunic and chaps

Land Control
-16x wooden plank
-8x cobblestone

Night Conqueror
-Wooden sword

Eliminator
-Bow (0 arrows)

Concept of Midnight
The concept of the game is simple: Come midnight (hence the game's name), a "Hate Wave" will strike the Earth, overcoming every living thing with an irrational and incurable rage. You alone are immune, but the only way to guarantee your survival is to kill everybody else. Otherwise, their new-found hate will surely be your demise; they will not stop until they're dancing in your blood. Imagine yourself as a human in a field of Daleks, if it helps. Anyways, you must gather supplies in preparation, killing anything that gets in your way.

For every two minutes that pass in real life, an hour passes in-game. The game starts at midday, meaning you have twenty-four minutes to prepare for Midnight. After twenty-four minutes pass, the Hate Wave will strike the Earth and every player will receive a compass which points to the remaining survivors. Moreover, the border will be brought forwards every minute, with all blocks soon to be consumed by the border turning red. This forces all remaining players to move towards one final destination, which will differ each time you play. However, it means the border won't unfairly kill you without you ever knowing it was coming in, since it moves forwards in intervals (i.e. it might move forwards fifty blocks at once, but only do so once a minute).

What happens at midnight?
-Players will be given compasses
-The border will begin to shrink rapidly
-Very powerful mobs will begin to spawn
-Blood Showers will cease
-All chests will despawn and additional loot will become unobtainable outside of player/mob kills

Finding loot
Note: The values provided are just examples, and may not necessarily be logical nor balanced.

Loot isn't found in the traditional sense in Midnight, nor in a traditional form. See, you have to craft every tool, weapon and armour piece yourself in this game, through custom crafting recipes. For instance, 6x diamonds and 12x wood might gift you a diamond chestplate, whereas 24x cobblestone, 18x gunpowder and 1x fire charge might gift you a TNT wand (blaze rod).

So, you've spawned in... How do you find loot? First of all, you can find loot inside randomly generated chests. Think of it like Survival Games but on a larger scale, and chests no longer have specific spawn points; they could be anywhere (within reason!).

You can also get loot from mobs. Mobs will begin to spawn more frequently as the evening dawns, so you won't have much luck finding any if the game's literally just started.

Killing players will always provide you with a set of materials, on top of every item in their hot-bar upon death.

Lastly, destroying structures and breaking blocks can gift you with materials, but never anything extravagant (i.e. destroying a tree might give you four wooden planks).

Finding loot #2 - Blood Showers

Every three in-game hours (six minutes real-time) leading up to Midnight, a "Blood Shower" will occur (the last being at 9pm, or eighteen real-life minutes in). Blood Showers are when massive amounts of loot fall from the sky in key areas around the map, and the coordinates of said loot are broadcast to all survivors. Players may choose to scavenge this loot at the risk of almost guaranteed confrontation, or instead choose to avoid these areas and stay alive. Here's the thing: chests can be looted a total of five times each, but only once per player. This means that you may want to wait a little while before rushing out to take loot. You know? Let everybody else clear the area first, and then pick up the loot once your enemies have cleared off.

Mobs and their loot
Note: The values provided are just examples, and may not necessarily be logical nor balanced.

Creeper
| Spawns: 12pm-12am
-Gunpowder, 1-3 (common)
-Cobblestone, 1-12 (uncommon)
-Redstone 1-4 (rare)
-Diamond, 1-2 (legendary)
-Fire charge, 1 (Mythical)

Spider | Spawns: 12pm-12am
-String, 1-3 (common)
-Wooden plank, 1-6 (uncommon)
-Splash Poison I potion, 1 (rare)
-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)
-speed II potion, 1 (legendary)
-Spider eye, 1 (mythical)

Zombie | Spawns: 6pm-12am
-Wooden plank, 1-12 (common)
-Cobblestone, 1-8 (uncommon)
-Golden apple, 1 (legendary)
-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)
-Inedible god apple, 1 (mythical)

Skeleton | Spawns: 6pm-12am
-Arrow, 1-16 (rare)
-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)
-Skull, 1 (mythical)

Pigman | Spawns: 8pm-12am
-Wooden plank, 1-16 (common)
-Golden nugget, 1-4 (rare)
-Diamond, 1 (legendary)
-Gold ingot, 1 (mythical)

Blaze | Spawns: 10pm-12am
-Cobblestone, 1-16 (common)
-Iron, 1-3 (uncommon)
-Diamond, 1-3 (rare)
-Fire charge, 1 (mythical)
-Blaze rod, 1 (mythical)

Construction

Remember 'Houses', that weird "game" added back in 2014 that would let you buy and place pre-made houses on your own private plot? Well, this game uses a similar mechanic. Using the resources you acquire from either killing mobs, looting chests or owning noobs, you can craft houses and various structures using a custom crafting interface. For example:

Village house (Health: 500)
A run-down house with one upstairs room. Generates a cobblestone block every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I.
-16x wooden plank
-8x cobblestone

Barn (Health: 500)
A single-floored barn. Generates a cobblestone block every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I, Regeneration I
-32x wooden plank
-16x cobblestone
-8x clay

Church (Health: 750)

A refurbished church with a second floor. Generates an iron bar every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I, Strength I
-64x wooden plank
-16x cobblestone
-6x iron

Estate (Health: 1,000)

A fabulous estate with dazzling rooms and halls. Generates an iron bar and gold nugget every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I. Inflects enemies with Nausea I
-64x wooden plank
-32x cobblestone
-8x iron
-2x diamond

Mansion (Health: 1,500)

A grand mansion with its own garden and private pool. Generates a diamond every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed II, Regeneration I. Inflicts enemies with Weakness I
-64x wooden plank
-42x cobblestone
-10x iron
-5x diamond
-1x Blaze rod

The better the house, the more benefits it provides. The creator of the structure will be given potion effects in the same form as beacons, provided they remain close to it. Players may destroy houses by either punching its blocks with tools, or by attacking it with projectiles. Upon destruction, you will receive 50% of the materials used to make it.

I like the dilemma that houses pose. They require significant amounts of materials to build, so do you build them far from the centre where they'll be safest? Or do you build them towards the centre so they're not destroyed by the border, but risk more players finding it?

Crafting

Yes, this game will feature two crafting interfaces; one for houses, titled 'Construction', and one for the creation of physical items, simply labelled 'Crafting'.

Stone sword - 12x cobblestone, 4x wood (30 damage per shot to houses) (cannot be found in chests)
Iron sword - 3x iron, 4x wood (65 damage per shot to houses) (Rare in chests)
Diamond sword - 2x diamond, 4x wood (100 damage per shot to houses) (Rare in chests)
Bow - 3x string, 3x wood (65 damage per shot to houses) (cannot be found in chests)
Arrows (3) - 6x cobblestone, 8x wood (null) (Common in chests)

Regeneration Wand - 1x inedible god apple, 12x wood (null) (Legendary in chests)
TNT Wand - 24x gunpowder, 18x cobblestone, 1x fire charge (350 damage per shot to houses) (Legendary in chests)
Slowness Wand - 18x cobblestone, 1x gold ingot (null) (Legendary in chests)

Infinity I Bow - 3x string, 3x wood, 1x skull (65 damage per shot to houses) (Legendary in chests)
Power II Bow - 3x string, 3x wood, 1x skull (250 damage per shot to houses) (Mythical in chests)
Explosive Bow - 3x string, 3x wood, 8x gunpowder, 1x skull (500 damage per shot to houses) (Mythical in chests)

Paintball Rifle - 40x cobblestone, 5x wood (40 damage per shot to houses, slow fire-rate) (Rare in chests)
Machine Rifle - 40x cobblestone, 20x wood, 5x redstone (25 damage per shot to houses, fast fire-rate) (Legendary in chests)
Super Rifle - 40x cobblestone, 40x wood, 1x fire charge (250 damage per shot to houses, slow fire-rate) (Legendary in chests)
Shotgun Rifle - 64 cobblestone, 40 wood, 1x gold ingot (500 damage per shot to houses, slow fire-rate) (Mythical in chests)
Bazooka Rifle - 10x cobblestone, 32x wood, 1x fire charge (Insta-kills houses and anybody inside, but breaks after three shots) (Mythical in chests)

Note: Rifles will deal far less damage to players than their house damages imply, and will have to reload frequently

Maps

Crimson Glade
upload_2018-2-4_18-32-10.png

A massive overworld glade surrounded by thick layers of forest. Temples reside deep within these bleeding trees, whilst great treasure awaits those in the heart of the glade, posing a great threat to all who seek it... Materials of every variety flourish in great quantities in this noob-friendly setting.

Underworld
CR-FI-970x545.png

A glorious Nether kingdom brought to chaos as the Hate Wave draws near. Resources are scarce as the likes of wood and cobblestone are limited only to the interiors of this map's hellish structures. Consider this the "hard mode" of Midnight.

Daybreak
city_in_the_sky_w1.jpeg

Are you a fan of Skywars, Eggwars, or any other island-themed game? Then perhaps you'll find success in Daybreak, an End-themed city in the sky where the Hate Wave strikes the Earth six hours later; at 6am, during a rising sun. With the entire match taking place at night time, you'll be able to find mob-related resources much earlier, but be careful not to fall through the world in your troubles to do so.

Achievements
Name: Made it through the night
Requirements: Win a game of Midnight
Reward: 150 experience

Name: Voyage
Requirements: Win a game of Midnight on each of its three maps
Reward: 300 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Hoarder
Requirements: Acquire three stacks of wood and a stack of cobblestone
Reward: 100 experience, 25 points

Name: Most Wanted!
Requirements: Raid a Blood Shower

Name: Do or die
Requirements: Kill a player in Midnight
Reward: 50 experience

Name: Survivalist
Requirements: Kill five players in one game of Midnight

Name: Overkill
Requirements: Kill fifteen players in one game of Midnight
Reward: 500 experience, 250 points, 3 cubelets

Name: They "hate" you
Requirements: Kill a player within ten seconds of them raiding a Blood Shower
Reward: 100 experience

Name: Get off my property
Requirements: Kill a player who's inside your house

Name: Capitalist
Requirements: Construct a mansion
Reward: 250 experience, 1 cubelet

Name: Deconstruction
Requirements: Destroy five properties in one game of Midnight
Reward: 250 experience

Name: Demolitionist
Requirements: Destroy somebody's mansion
Reward: 200 experience

Name: GG... even though it hurts
Requirements: Come second place in Midnight
Reward: 75 experience

Name: Ka-BOOM
Requirements: Destroy somebody's property using a Bazooka Rifle

Name: I tripped...
Requirements: Fall through the world
Reward: 25 experience

Making this thread absolutely killed me, don't be surprised if I never make a thread again.

Thnx for reading ^.^

D

Deleted member 169486

I'm not sure if you said it anywhere in the thread, but would you be able to break blocks?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Not gonna wait 24 minutes make it 10 because 24 for just the first part of the game sounds too long.
Shouldn't be too problematic as up to sixty-four players can participate at once, but it can be reduced to twelve minutes if necessary.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Introduction & Kits

'Midnight' is a game loosely based on the concepts 'The Hunger Games', a book I'm reading at the moment, and 'Fortnite', a game that I've never played myself but is very popular. But, I "really" doubt you've heard of either of these things...

'Midnight' is a game that involves between sixteen and sixty-four players spawning in at random locations across an open map. There is only one win condition: Be the last remaining player. Sounds simple, but with both players and mobs alike posing a threat, being the last player alive isn't as easy as it sounds, especially with the frequent Blood Showers that will occur every six minutes (explained below).

Titan
-Leather tunic and chaps

Land Control
-16x wooden plank
-8x cobblestone

Night Conqueror
-Wooden sword

Eliminator
-Bow (0 arrows)

Concept of Midnight
The concept of the game is simple: Come midnight (hence the game's name), a "Hate Wave" will strike the Earth, overcoming every living thing with an irrational and incurable rage. You alone are immune, but the only way to guarantee your survival is to kill everybody else. Otherwise, their new-found hate will surely be your demise; they will not stop until they're dancing in your blood. Imagine yourself as a human in a field of Daleks, if it helps. Anyways, you must gather supplies in preparation, killing anything that gets in your way.

For every two minutes that pass in real life, an hour passes in-game. The game starts at midday, meaning you have twenty-four minutes to prepare for Midnight. After twenty-four minutes pass, the Hate Wave will strike the Earth and every player will receive a compass which points to the remaining survivors. Moreover, the border will be brought forwards every minute, with all blocks soon to be consumed by the border turning red. This forces all remaining players to move towards one final destination, which will differ each time you play. However, it means the border won't unfairly kill you without you ever knowing it was coming in, since it moves forwards in intervals (i.e. it might move forwards fifty blocks at once, but only do so once a minute).

-All chests will despawn and additional loot will become unobtainable outside of player/mob kills

Finding loot

Loot isn't found in the traditional sense in Midnight, nor in a traditional form. See, you have to craft every tool, weapon and armour piece yourself in this game, through custom crafting recipes. For instance, 6x diamonds and 12x wood might gift you a diamond chestplate, whereas 24x cobblestone, 18x gunpowder and 1x fire charge might gift you a TNT wand (blaze rod).

So, you've spawned in... How do you find loot? First of all, you can find loot inside randomly generated chests. Think of it like Survival Games but on a larger scale, and chests no longer have specific spawn points; they could be anywhere (within reason!).

You can also get loot from mobs. Mobs will begin to spawn more frequently as the evening dawns, so you won't have much luck finding any if the game's literally just started.

Killing players will always provide you with a set of materials, on top of every item in their hot-bar upon death.

Lastly, destroying structures and breaking blocks can gift you with materials, but never anything extravagant (i.e. destroying a tree might give you four wooden planks).

Every three in-game hours (six minutes real-time) leading up to Midnight, a "Blood Shower" will occur (the last being at 9pm, or eighteen real-life minutes in). Blood Showers are when massive amounts of loot fall from the sky in key areas around the map, and the coordinates of said loot are broadcast to all survivors. Players may choose to scavenge this loot at the risk of almost guaranteed confrontation, or instead choose to avoid these areas and stay alive. Here's the thing: chests can be looted a total of five times each, but only once per player. This means that you may want to wait a little while before rushing out to take loot. You know? Let everybody else clear the area first, and then pick up the loot once your enemies have cleared off.

Mobs and their loot

Creeper
-Gunpowder, 1-3 (common)
-Redstone 1-4 (rare)

-String, 1-3 (common)
-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)

-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)

-Arrow, 1-16 (rare)
-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)
-Skull, 1 (mythical)

-Diamond, 1 (legendary)

-Iron, 1-3 (uncommon)
-Diamond, 1-3 (rare)
-Blaze rod, 1 (mythical)

Construction

Remember 'Houses', that weird "game" added back in 2014 that would let you buy and place pre-made houses on your own private plot? Well, this game uses a similar mechanic. Using the resources you acquire from either killing mobs, looting chests or owning noobs, you can craft houses and various structures using a custom crafting interface. For example:

A run-down house with one upstairs room. Generates a cobblestone block every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I.
-16x wooden plank
-8x cobblestone

A single-floored barn. Generates a cobblestone block every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I, Regeneration I
-32x wooden plank
-16x cobblestone
-8x clay

A refurbished church with a second floor. Generates an iron bar every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I, Strength I
-64x wooden plank
-16x cobblestone
-6x iron

A fabulous estate with dazzling rooms and halls. Generates an iron bar and gold nugget every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed I. Inflects enemies with Nausea I
-64x wooden plank
-32x cobblestone
-8x iron
-2x diamond

A grand mansion with its own garden and private pool. Generates a diamond every 30 seconds, and provides its creator with Speed II, Regeneration I. Inflicts enemies with Weakness I
-64x wooden plank
-42x cobblestone
-10x iron
-5x diamond
-1x Blaze rod

The better the house, the more benefits it provides. The creator of the structure will be given potion effects in the same form as beacons, provided they remain close to it. Players may destroy houses by either punching its blocks with tools, or by attacking it with projectiles. Upon destruction, you will receive 50% of the materials used to make it.

I like the dilemma that houses pose. They require significant amounts of materials to build, so do you build them far from the centre where they'll be safest? Or do you build them towards the centre so they're not destroyed by the border, but risk more players finding it?

Crafting

Yes, this game will feature two crafting interfaces; one for houses, titled 'Construction', and one for the creation of physical items, simply labelled 'Crafting'.

Stone sword - 12x cobblestone, 4x wood (30 damage per shot to houses) (cannot be found in chests)
Diamond sword - 2x diamond, 4x wood (100 damage per shot to houses) (Rare in chests)
Bow - 3x string, 3x wood (65 damage per shot to houses) (cannot be found in chests)

Regeneration Wand - 1x inedible god apple, 12x wood (null) (Legendary in chests)
TNT Wand - 24x gunpowder, 18x cobblestone, 1x fire charge (350 damage per shot to houses) (Legendary in chests)

Infinity I Bow - 3x string, 3x wood, 1x skull (65 damage per shot to houses) (Legendary in chests)
Power II Bow - 3x string, 3x wood, 1x skull (250 damage per shot to houses) (Mythical in chests)
Explosive Bow - 3x string, 3x wood, 8x gunpowder, 1x skull (500 damage per shot to houses) (Mythical in chests)

Paintball Rifle - 40x cobblestone, 5x wood (40 damage per shot to houses, slow fire-rate) (Rare in chests)
Machine Rifle - 40x cobblestone, 20x wood, 5x redstone (25 damage per shot to houses, fast fire-rate) (Legendary in chests)
Super Rifle - 40x cobblestone, 40x wood, 1x fire charge (250 damage per shot to houses, slow fire-rate) (Legendary in chests)
Shotgun Rifle - 64 cobblestone, 40 wood, 1x gold ingot (500 damage per shot to houses, slow fire-rate) (Mythical in chests)
Bazooka Rifle - 10x cobblestone, 32x wood, 1x fire charge (Insta-kills houses and anybody inside, but breaks after three shots) (Mythical in chests)

Note: Rifles will deal far less damage to players than their house damages imply, and will have to reload frequently

Maps

Crimson Glade
View attachment 141943
A massive overworld glade surrounded by thick layers of forest. Temples reside deep within these bleeding trees, whilst great treasure awaits those in the heart of the glade, posing a great threat to all who seek it... Materials of every variety flourish in great quantities in this noob-friendly setting.

Underworld
CR-FI-970x545.png

A glorious Nether kingdom brought to chaos as the Hate Wave draws near. Resources are scarce as the likes of wood and cobblestone are limited only to the interiors of this map's hellish structures. Consider this the "hard mode" of Midnight.

Daybreak
city_in_the_sky_w1.jpeg

Are you a fan of Skywars, Eggwars, or any other island-themed game? Then perhaps you'll find success in Daybreak, an End-themed city in the sky where the Hate Wave strikes the Earth six hours later; at 6am, during a rising sun. With the entire match taking place at night time, you'll be able to find mob-related resources much earlier, but be careful not to fall through the world in your troubles to do so.

Achievements

Making this thread absolutely killed me, don't be surprised if I never make a thread again.

Thnx for reading ^.^

I like the idea, but I eggwars is shorter than this (if no one camps). I like it, but it seems like it would be long.
+1

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Introduction & Kits

Titan
-Leather tunic and chaps

Land Control
-16x wooden plank
-8x cobblestone

Night Conqueror
-Wooden sword

Eliminator
-Bow (0 arrows)

Concept of Midnight

Finding loot

Mobs and their loot

Creeper
-Gunpowder, 1-3 (common)
-Redstone 1-4 (rare)

-String, 1-3 (common)
-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)

-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)

-Arrow, 1-16 (rare)
-Iron, 1-3 (legendary)
-Skull, 1 (mythical)

-Diamond, 1 (legendary)

-Iron, 1-3 (uncommon)
-Diamond, 1-3 (rare)
-Blaze rod, 1 (mythical)

Construction

-16x wooden plank
-8x cobblestone

-32x wooden plank
-16x cobblestone
-8x clay

-64x wooden plank
-16x cobblestone
-6x iron

-64x wooden plank
-32x cobblestone
-8x iron
-2x diamond

-64x wooden plank
-42x cobblestone
-10x iron
-5x diamond
-1x Blaze rod

Crafting

Maps

Crimson Glade
View attachment 141943

Underworld
CR-FI-970x545.png

Daybreak
city_in_the_sky_w1.jpeg

Achievements

Thnx for reading ^.^

This is a great suggestion, I don't know very well the game this is inspired from but it seems pretty original to me. I love the kits, the game seems challenging which is always good, and I don't think there's a way to camp. If this gamemode is impemented it would be home to the most epic pvp battles you could imagine.
+1

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Boop

In hindsight this probably isn't a very plausible idea. Might try and simplify it a bit later on.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Great potential to replace UHC. Even though I'd like to see UHC make a comeback, this game sounds way more fun. I like the mix of games here. Hopefully more feedback is given on this :)

D

Deleted member 346231

Awesome idea, love it, not much more to say.

+1

D

Deleted member 169486

Great potential to replace UHC. Even though I'd like to see UHC make a comeback, this game sounds way more fun. I like the mix of games here. Hopefully more feedback is given on this :)
It would be more original then UHC

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom