Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
Ok, the name is pretty lame, but pretty much, it's an ore mining contest. The map would be done by copying a few areas of maps with extensive cave systems from singleplayer and putting the spawn by the entrance, or custom-made if uniqueness is wanted. There would be 12-16 players. The players would be able to break blocks (Duh!), and have to make a pick from scratch. Then, for a certain amount of time (10-15 minutes?), everyone would attempt to gather as many ores as possible, and each ore would be worth a certain amount of separate, in-game points.

My idea for those points is as following:

Coal - 1 point each
Unsmelted iron - 1 point each
Redstone - 1 point each (Since 4 or 5 drop from one ore block)
Smelted iron - 2 points each
Lapiz - 2 points each (Same reason for low point value as Redstone)
Unsmelted gold - 3 points each
Smelted gold - 5 points each
Diamonds - 10 points each
Emeralds - 25 points each

The winner would be the player with the most of these in-game points at the end, and would receive 30 server-wide points. 2nd place would get 20, and 3rd would get 10. Hopefully you guys like this game idea :)

Reactions: annie leger

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
Ok, seriously. I made this 4 1/2 hours ago, and no attention whatsoever. Only FOUR views. I do not understand why the ignorance by the community to even look at this thread. I mean, criticize me for it being a bad idea! Just stop giving me the silent treatment! I'd like an opinion as opposed to blatant ignorance.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Its a good idea, ik another server partyminecraft or something, have a game similar, were you mine the ores to get points, just not smelting it. I think it would be a nice addition the games server.

Reactions: Rimell

gedas001

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2013
Happy Land
I was actually requesting something similar, like 20x20 plot, and just mine for ores... Yeaaah, but yeah I realised it's not that fun as it sounds.

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
Ok, seriously. I made this 4 1/2 hours ago, and no attention whatsoever. Only FOUR views. I do not understand why the ignorance by the community to even look at this thread. I mean, criticize me for it being a bad idea! Just stop giving me the silent treatment! I'd like an opinion as opposed to blatant ignorance.

Not everyone is available at times, and just remember we have lives to live :P Also, the time zones may be different then yours.

But I like the idea, I think it could be a possibility if only you added more concept & rules to the game. & also, a few trees & some wildlife would be sufficient for the players to make materials [pickaxe, axe, etc.]

AtomicBirdAss

Oct 27, 2013
Why would you care?
I think everyone should get a pickaxe in the beginning, the higher the rank, the better the pickaxe. And, I think the game should last about 7 minutes, if games last too long, it gets boring. Also, I would put a few traps in the mines, like, when you mine an ore a piston door opens and you die, or TNT gets dispensed. Other than that, I like the idea.

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
Not everyone is available at times, and just remember we have lives to live :p Also, the time zones may be different then yours.

But I like the idea, I think it could be a possibility if only you added more concept & rules to the game. & also, a few trees & some wildlife would be sufficient for the players to make materials [pickaxe, axe, etc.]
Sorry, I'm really impatient...

Anyway, thanks for the support! The concept is to mine the most ores, and also to use as few of them as possible for making materials, as they no longer count as points when crafted. After 15 minutes you get teleported to the end, where the winners are stated. You may not break blocks here, it's not allowed.

The rules are that PVP is off, if you die you get sent to the end early with your current amount of points, no killing other players by pouring lava on them or such, if you quit in-game you are out, and you may not give stuff to other players, although it's still enabled for your own use, however the items must be disposed. Also stuff does not drop when you die, it stays in your inventory so your points are still counted.
I think everyone should get a pickaxe in the beginning, the higher the rank, the better the pickaxe. And, I think the game should last about 7 minutes, if games last too long, it gets boring. Also, I would put a few traps in the mines, like, when you mine an ore a piston door opens and you die, or TNT gets dispensed. Other than that, I like the idea.
How about nobody starts with a pickaxe, and donators can progressively buy better ones, although better ones cost more points. These can be bought by typing /shop at any time.

Wooden pickaxe - 5 points
Stone pickaxe - 10 points (Iron+ only)
Gold pickaxe - 15 points (Iron+ only)
Iron pickaxe - 20 points (Lapiz+ only)
Diamond pickaxe - 30 points (Gold+ only)
Full diamond armor set - 100 points (Diamond+ only) (For saving your life in traps)
Fortune III iron pickaxe - 120 points (Emerald+ only)
If obsidian is added, fortune III diamond pickaxe - 150 points (Obsidian only)

I like the trap idea! A player breaks a diamond, piston below them opens into lava :P Or a player breaks a diamond, and it falls into lava :P Or yeah, he breaks a diamond, and TNT blows up in his face. XD Or lava starts falling from the ceiling.

Thanks for all you guys' support, again! I expected it to fail horribly like my last idea :P

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
Is there a way to edit your posts? It seems strange that I have to double post every time I want to change something...

First, I think 10 minutes is a bit better for time, AtomicBird... stated that long games get boring. I agree. Also, I think that everyone who played to the end without dying should get a point, for playing such a long game and not dying.

And I just realized that the picks are WAY underpriced. Let me fix that.

Wooden pickaxe - 10 points
Stone pickaxe - 20 points (Iron+ only)
Gold pickaxe - 30 points (Iron+ only)
Iron pickaxe - 50 points (Lapiz+ only)
Diamond pickaxe - 80 points (Gold+ only)
Full diamond armor set - 200 points (Diamond+ only) (For saving your life in traps)
Fortune III iron pickaxe - 300 points (Emerald+ only)
If obsidian is added, fortune III diamond pickaxe - 400 points (Obsidian only)

Winners should also get more points. 3rd is 10 points still, 2nd is 25, 1st is 50. If you win, you get a refund on all items bought in addition to the points. 2nd place gets a 50% refund, 3rd place gets a 10% refund.

AtomicBirdAss

Oct 27, 2013
Why would you care?
Sorry, I'm really impatient...

Anyway, thanks for the support! The concept is to mine the most ores, and also to use as few of them as possible for making materials, as they no longer count as points when crafted. After 15 minutes you get teleported to the end, where the winners are stated. You may not break blocks here, it's not allowed.

The rules are that PVP is off, if you die you get sent to the end early with your current amount of points, no killing other players by pouring lava on them or such, if you quit in-game you are out, and you may not give stuff to other players, although it's still enabled for your own use, however the items must be disposed. Also stuff does not drop when you die, it stays in your inventory so your points are still counted.

How about nobody starts with a pickaxe, and donators can progressively buy better ones, although better ones cost more points. These can be bought by typing /shop at any time.

Full diamond armor set - 100 points (Diamond+ only) (For saving your life in traps)

I like the trap idea! A player breaks a diamond, piston below them opens into lava :p Or a player breaks a diamond, and it falls into lava :p Or yeah, he breaks a diamond, and TNT blows up in his face. XD Or lava starts falling from the ceiling.

Thanks for all you guys' support, again! I expected it to fail horribly like my last idea :p
I dont agree with buying the pickaxes, that would cost points, and that makes it almost impossible to win. Donators should get a better pickaxe, stones would start with a stone pickaxe?

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
I dont agree with buying the pickaxes, that would cost points, and that makes it almost impossible to win. Donators should get a better pickaxe, stones would start with a stone pickaxe?
That would ruin some of the fun, the fun of crafting, if you HAD to start with a pickaxe. But I disagree with my own idea of the shop costing points. My new idea is that the points are the way I originally stated. It's still /shop, but things are free. Stones cannot start with a pickaxe. Irons can start with a wooden pick. Lapiz - 2 gold picks (low durability). Gold - stone pick. Diamond - Iron pick. Emerald - Diamond pick. High ranks may use picks for lower ranks.

Yeah, that's less complicated. :P

hugomol

Feb 6, 2014
Sweden
I wasn't even online then, i slept :) But anyway, i like the idea :D

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
Wait, each time you get an ore, you get points? I think that is a bit too... well, you know, much. See, you only get a certain amount of points per a game, and for this game, you might even get over 100 points just from the game. Maybe the point level should be lower, but that is just my opinion.

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
Wait, each time you get an ore, you get points? I think that is a bit too... well, you know, much. See, you only get a certain amount of points per a game, and for this game, you might even get over 100 points just from the game. Maybe the point level should be lower, but that is just my opinion.
No, it counts as separate in-game points, whoever has the most at the end gets 30 points, 2nd gets 20, and 3rd gets 10.

And I think 4 players would be required for the game to start. :P

Kule

Oct 21, 2013
Failsworth, Manchester, England

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAY OP, PEOPLE WILL HAVE THEM AFTER VOTING...

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
GiGaGekkies wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday xx
Reesle wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom