Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
Well. Wasn't expecting to do a thread here at all anymore, but this is quite enraging, so let's get started. My name is Oreo btw. I would usually try to make a joke or something, but this is just too enraging and disgusting from CubeCraft's side.

1.- This gamemode is a blatant copy of HYPIXEL Bridge Duels.

I've searched, looked at threads and NO ONE besides @Sweetenerera has mentioned this. Which is VERY disappointing.
I could see you guys taking inspiration of other servers. Everyone does that, and there's nothing wrong with it.
But there's a difference between taking inspiration and copying the concept, and also the way of how they did the game.

Let's just take a quick comparison between BlockWars Bridges and Bridge Duels on Hypixel.

Do both games have a bridge that leads to an ender portal that when you go in you score a point? ✅
Do both games have the same starter gear? (more or less, even though Cube put 30 arrows and a stone pickaxe instead of a dia one): ✅
Do both games consist about people going in a ender portal to score and the first people to reach X points win the game? ✅

And that's more or less about the whole game. A whole game CubeCraft copied from the Hypixel Network, with a few minor changes that I am not too sure if they make the game better or worse, as you can mine iron to get iron gear and u have WAY more arrows.

I wouldn't be too mad about this, if at least CubeCraft had mentioned the Hypixel Network on their release I wouldn't be pissed. But as far as I can see on the OFFICIAL release thread on the forums absolute no credit has been given to them.

2.- The game has absolutely nothing to do with BlockWars, and it baits people into thinking this is somewhat of a spin-off of the old BlockWars.

Well, the title of this point is self-explaintory. But sadly this is true. A few persons came to my DMs yesterday telling me that they were excited about the new mode, and that perhaps it could come close to being somewhat close to the old and beloved version of BlockWars. Sadly this is not true.

It has nothing to do with BlockWars, and it itself having the name doesn't make sense. Blockwars is already a pretty hated game by some players because it somewhat has a double chance to appear on the featured game rotation and that somehow triggers people. Im not about to talk about that.

But just the chances of having another BlockWars gamemode that people can hate only because of it's name, and people can hate because of it not being a "real" Blockwars gamemode doesn't seem too smart to me.

Nontheless I don't think you did this on an ill-intent to somewhat make the nostalgic players come back thinking that BlockWars could become permanent.

Besides this two points, I don't have anything really against the game. I am just very angry about the fact people can steal a gamemode completely from another Network without getting called out whatsoever. In my opinion this game is probably just gonna be a flop, it's not really popular on Hypixel with 100k players I don't think its gonna be too popular on Cube, people are probably just leaderboard seeking right now.

Don't take my opinions too harshly anyways, it's just not ok to steal someone's job without giving recognition.

I might respond to your messages in the comments if you reply.

Bye.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yes accuse cube for stealing.
On bedrock edition this is a new and original idea and soon to be copied by the leech servers:
Lifeboat
Hive

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Oh boy oh boy where to start. You have some great points of this gamemode being a rip-off of the famous Hypixel gamemode bridge duels. But what if Hypixel didn't invent the gamemode? (I did research before writing this)

Let's get back to 2016 on a server called MCGamerzone. They had a gamemode called The Bridge. What was the game about:
  • It's a team based mini game
  • 1 Bridge connected 2 islands (this bridge is a bit wider than the Blockwars bridges bridge)
  • Damage the enemie's nexus
Oh, this sounds a bit like the minigame on Hypixel and on Cube. But on Cube you have to damage the Core instead of the Nexus. But wait there's more.

Around the same year, Mineplex made a game called 'The Bridges'. Sounds familiar yet?
  • 4 teams bases minigame
  • Grace period to prepare you to fight other players
  • When grace period is over bridges will appear so you can fight the enemy
  • Last team standing wins
Again Hypixel made a 4 team based minigame on the bridges. Where you have to fight other players and the last team standing wins.

Conclusion: Every server 'copies' a mini game from other servers. The only give it a twist on it. Like Cube did with BlockWars bridges. Maybe it's called Blockwars bridges because there's a blue and red team like of the gamemode Blockwars. On Hypixel you only have to score 5 times in order to win. On Blockwars Bridges you have to score 25 times (due the fact it's a 5v5 based mini game). Another thing to mention is that Blockwars bridges is a n original gamemode on the Bedrock server of CubeCraft like @Conea64 said. No other server on the Bedrock community has done this.

Long story short: It's not a rip-off of Hypixel. So instead of complaining that almost every game is a rip-off of other servers. Let's appreciate the hard work and effort they put in this gamemode to satisfy the player base.

xFqbian

Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2020
SNOWING
As much as I hate to, I have to agree.
Except the 5v5 feature it's exactly the same with little added features.
And it's not remotely similar to Blockwars either.
Same

Why.
Cubecraft Copy game like hypixel and hyperlands it make no sense
And i hate it

Last edited by a moderator:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I don't see what the problem is with it being called BlockWars. It doesn't harm anyone and it made perfect sense to call it a BlockWars gamemode especially for Bedrock. Since BlockWars is so popular and so loved over there.

The BlockWars theme is Blue vs Red. Both gamemodes have something to do with with capturing/scoring (In fact, if anything core feels less BlockWars than this). Gear is pretty similar if not the same, leather armour, a stone sword, terracotta blocks and a bow. It's almost completely different to the old Java BlockWars but then again, they're two separate gamemodes. The fact that you dedicated half of the thread to complaining about the name seems pretty baseless to me.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I don’t mind CubeCraft copying great and successful minigames from other games or servers. We created our own games like carving chaos and linedash and check the player count on those games vs the games we copied and gave our original twist to. Sometimes we just have to stop creating concepts from 0 and start checking what is successful on other servers, in order to create our own success.

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
There's just one thing I would like to add to everything said above - this idea was originally intended for Bedrock.
As you can see in the original thread, the developer said they wanted to introduce a new gamemode to their Bedrock Edition network, but they also wanted to satisfy Java players, so they decided to implement it Blockwars Bridges into Java as well.

Also, as Marieke said, why do you want the team to create own games from 0 if the community wouldn't play them? For example, Carving Chaos had a player base of 5 players.

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
Well. Wasn't expecting to do a thread here at all anymore, but this is quite enraging, so let's get started. My name is Oreo btw. I would usually try to make a joke or something, but this is just too enraging and disgusting from CubeCraft's side.

1.- This gamemode is a blatant copy of HYPIXEL Bridge Duels.

I've searched, looked at threads and NO ONE besides @Sweetenerera has mentioned this. Which is VERY disappointing.
I could see you guys taking inspiration of other servers. Everyone does that, and there's nothing wrong with it.
But there's a difference between taking inspiration and copying the concept, and also the way of how they did the game.

Let's just take a quick comparison between BlockWars Bridges and Bridge Duels on Hypixel.

Do both games have a bridge that leads to an ender portal that when you go in you score a point? ✅
Do both games have the same starter gear? (more or less, even though Cube put 30 arrows and a stone pickaxe instead of a dia one): ✅
Do both games consist about people going in a ender portal to score and the first people to reach X points win the game? ✅

And that's more or less about the whole game. A whole game CubeCraft copied from the Hypixel Network, with a few minor changes that I am not too sure if they make the game better or worse, as you can mine iron to get iron gear and u have WAY more arrows.

I wouldn't be too mad about this, if at least CubeCraft had mentioned the Hypixel Network on their release I wouldn't be pissed. But as far as I can see on the OFFICIAL release thread on the forums absolute no credit has been given to them.

2.- The game has absolutely nothing to do with BlockWars, and it baits people into thinking this is somewhat of a spin-off of the old BlockWars.

Well, the title of this point is self-explaintory. But sadly this is true. A few persons came to my DMs yesterday telling me that they were excited about the new mode, and that perhaps it could come close to being somewhat close to the old and beloved version of BlockWars. Sadly this is not true.

It has nothing to do with BlockWars, and it itself having the name doesn't make sense. Blockwars is already a pretty hated game by some players because it somewhat has a double chance to appear on the featured game rotation and that somehow triggers people. Im not about to talk about that.

But just the chances of having another BlockWars gamemode that people can hate only because of it's name, and people can hate because of it not being a "real" Blockwars gamemode doesn't seem too smart to me.

Nontheless I don't think you did this on an ill-intent to somewhat make the nostalgic players come back thinking that BlockWars could become permanent.

Besides this two points, I don't have anything really against the game. I am just very angry about the fact people can steal a gamemode completely from another Network without getting called out whatsoever. In my opinion this game is probably just gonna be a flop, it's not really popular on Hypixel with 100k players I don't think its gonna be too popular on Cube, people are probably just leaderboard seeking right now.

Don't take my opinions too harshly anyways, it's just not ok to steal someone's job without giving recognition.

I might respond to your messages in the comments if you reply.

Bye.
Yet nobody criticises Hypixel for copying Eggwars...

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Yet nobody criticises Hypixel for copying Eggwars...
'Eggwars' is an extremely old game originally entitled 'Rush' and created by Xisumavoid. It gradually fell out of favour on servers but Cubecraft kept it and now most people (wrongly) assume that Cubecraft was the first. Though I think it's still the best

• Wow
Reactions: Kylo2532

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
'Eggwars' is an extremely old game originally entitled 'Rush' and created by Xisumavoid. It gradually fell out of favour on servers but Cubecraft kept it and now most people (wrongly) assume that Cubecraft was the first. Though I think it's still the best
What are you a minecraft minigame historian or smth? How do you know these kind of things 😂

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
And even Xisumavoid copied the idea of Eggwars because Eggwars aka Bedwars on GommeHD was the first to bring it out.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom