Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
Hey so this will be a pretty quick thread. I just wanted to give my opinion on the new combat system. I am going to say that this is a HUGE improvement from regular cubecraft pvp, although there are 3 main flaws i would like to point out

1. It is very similar to the hive

There is not anything wrong with having pvp like another server although I feel like as weird as the pvp is on cubecraft it is different and I think thats good.

2. pvp will make it even harder for mobile players

This is the point that got me thinking about this thread in the 1st place. I am just going to link you a video

3. This is less of a con but more of a requirement for my idea. the person needs to be rewarded for comboing someone. with that being said lets get right into my idea.

I have two idea's for how to fix these flaws while still keeping requirement #3

IDEA 1

my first idea is that players go up more every time someone is in the air. this is really hard to explain with words so I will try with numbers and words

x = amount of times player has been hit since they have touched the ground

y = vertical knockback amount

x + 1 = y + 1

basically what that means is every time someone is hit in the air the vertical knockback they take goes up. tbh this isn't my favorite solution.

*that math is 100% harder then the math speedrun.com did to find that dreams speed runs fake (pssssssss im joking)

This is my favorite fix, basically when someone has been in the air for more the "x" amount hits it lunches them into the air. this does all three things, it lets mobile players escape combos, makes cubecraft's knockback unique, and gives people who are doing good in a very satisfying hit my fling there opponent in the air.

VanHouten

Apr 28, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with your mobile player point. Then again, mobile players are always at a disadvantage. Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with the kb mechanics being similar to The Hive. It'll make it easier for casual players to go between both servers.

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
I agree with your mobile player point. Then again, mobile players are always at a disadvantage. Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with the kb mechanics being similar to The Hive. It'll make it easier for casual players to go between both servers.
I feel like either way the suggestion itself is a good idea... I feel like there is no down side to at least seeing how people like it. Also thanks for the feedback🤗

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
I feel like either way the suggestion itself is a good idea... I feel like there is no down side to at least seeing how people like it. Also thanks for the feedback🤗
Oh and I forgot to mention why I put that as a problem in the 1st place..... I don’t really mind the hive pvp it is more that a lot of people seem to not like it being in the hive.

Personally, I don't like it - feels way too much like Hive to me. Pvp is the main reason I play Cubecraft more than Hive, since I prefer vanilla pvp. But if Cube's pvp becomes like the Hive then... idk.

If you're gonna change it, just make it less randomized. You don't have to completely redo it

IMO I think that the kb experiment is making cubecraft into the Hive. Before the kb experiment made it so newer people have a chance at getting trades but now it’s if you have a high Cps you can combo people. (Kind of like the Hive) But overall I think that it’s a good update to have. With a little bit of reworks.

If you see the video you can see that the person getting hit doesn’t take kb in some parts.

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
Hey so this will be a pretty quick thread. I just wanted to give my opinion on the new combat system. I am going to say that this is a HUGE improvement from regular cubecraft pvp, although there are 3 main flaws i would like to point out

1. It is very similar to the hive

There is not anything wrong with having pvp like another server although I feel like as weird as the pvp is on cubecraft it is different and I think thats good.

2. pvp will make it even harder for mobile players

This is the point that got me thinking about this thread in the 1st place. I am just going to link you a video

3. This is less of a con but more of a requirement for my idea. the person needs to be rewarded for comboing someone. with that being said lets get right into my idea.

I have two idea's for how to fix these flaws while still keeping requirement #3

IDEA 1

my first idea is that players go up more every time someone is in the air. this is really hard to explain with words so I will try with numbers and words

x = amount of times player has been hit since they have touched the ground

y = vertical knockback amount

x + 1 = y + 1

basically what that means is every time someone is hit in the air the vertical knockback they take goes up. tbh this isn't my favorite solution.

*that math is 100% harder then the math speedrun.com did to find that dreams speed runs fake (pssssssss im joking)

This is my favorite fix, basically when someone has been in the air for more the "x" amount hits it lunches them into the air. this does all three things, it lets mobile players escape combos, makes cubecraft's knockback unique, and gives people who are doing good in a very satisfying hit my fling there opponent in the air.
It’s more like Galaxite’s then Hive’s.

Cubecrafttalk

Novice Member
May 23, 2019
Just recently switched from controller to kbm and suddenly people that I would always lose against, now I can beat many of them easily or get much closer to them then before. Not because I got good suddenly but its just easier to aim with a mouse.

Mobile and controllers are already at a disadvantage, this will make it even worse. Like I said, Im not that good but I just won 4 out of 4 games in the new skywars by boucing people into the void. If I can do it, theres loads better than me and they will completely discourage mobile/controllers players from playing this server much.

I know if this had happened many months ago and people just bounced me into the void with super long combos over and over again while I struggled with a controller, then I would have given up too.

Sooo if theres something that balances the gameplay for all instead of tipping it further in one direction, that would be preferred.

[Deleted Member 14534]

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
So I don't like this PvP because of these Reasons:
-You can't bring to Opponents down: This isn't big of a deal but I feel like I'm playing Smash when bringing them down
-I think they go to high: The Knockback makes it harder to escape your opponent
-Projectile Spam: Its too easy to knock people off using the new combat

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
So I don't like this PvP because of these Reasons:
-You can't bring to Opponents down: This isn't big of a deal but I feel like I'm playing Smash when bringing them down
-I think they go to high: The Knockback makes it harder to escape your opponent
-Projectile Spam: Its too easy to knock people off using the new combat
you can’t do this in the regular pvp system or in regular bedrock pvp.... I also notice that you said that you like Java pvp but it is impossible to have Java pvp in bedrock edition which is why this was tagged as bedrock and why the title of the original thread was BEDROCK knock back.... I suggested looking subjects you don’t know about... you can find tags by the title when scrolling through threads! Thanks for the feedback and have a great day 😃

also my idea is to boost players into the air to escape combos and an easy way out for mobile players

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
This is why pocketmine sucks, it doesn’t work properly and this makes it unfair with mobiles, and currently cubecraft has 1 server region making the KB ping based, so No

makes cubecraft's knockback unique
Nothing about that KB is unique, it’s just vanilla KB with no hit delay, but since cube has a hit delay it’s doing more upwards KB.
I was saying the KB is broken because people don’t get hit away from me they stay in front of me and don’t go away until over an edge where they take KB.
Even then it’s not like vanilla pvp because they aren’t getting launched that far backwards

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
This is why pocketmine sucks, it doesn’t work properly and this makes it unfair with mobiles, and currently cubecraft has 1 server region making the KB ping based, so No

Nothing about that KB is unique, it’s just vanilla KB with no hit delay, but since cube has a hit delay it’s doing more upwards KB.
I was saying the KB is broken because people don’t get hit away from me they stay in front of me and don’t go away until over an edge where they take KB.
Even then it’s not like vanilla pvp because they aren’t getting launched that far backwards
I did say this was my least favorite solution so I think you should look at my other one again. I also suggested that knockback increased so mobile players could escape combos.

Your second point is about KB being broken because people stay in front of you makes no sense considering what I am changing... for my first solution it would slowly knock players away from you the more you hit them so basically the knockback the take will fling them so far back the couldn’t be hit anymore. You also talked about vanilla pvp but if you didn’t know the bedrock version uses code from Java Minecraft so it will never be like vanilla bedrock... if you meant you want it to be like vanilla Java then that is what the current pvp system is based off of. Thanks for your suggestions! 😊

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I did say this was my least favorite solution so I think you should look at my other one again. I also suggested that knockback increased so mobile players could escape combos.

Your second point is about KB being broken because people stay in front of you makes no sense considering what I am changing... for my first solution it would slowly knock players away from you the more you hit them so basically the knockback the take will fling them so far back the couldn’t be hit anymore. You also talked about vanilla pvp but if you didn’t know the bedrock version uses code from Java Minecraft so it will never be like vanilla bedrock... if you meant you want it to be like vanilla Java then that is what the current pvp system is based off of. Thanks for your suggestions! 😊
That new combo won’t stop anyone from escaping a combo, if anything it makes it WORSE. Your suggesting the KB to be very similar to PMMP kind of knockback, whats gonna happen when they go to high? Fall back down so how do they escape the combo? It makes no sense, ok theorically it makes sense, but once they meet that max height in the combo there going to fall into another swing, ir fall take falldamage and get put into another one because there sprint gets canceled due to fall damage

Pyups🎄

Novice Member
Apr 13, 2020
a jolly rancher
That new combo won’t stop anyone from escaping a combo, if anything it makes it WORSE. Your suggesting the KB to be very similar to PMMP kind of knockback, whats gonna happen when they go to high? Fall back down so how do they escape the combo? It makes no sense, ok theorically it makes sense, but once they meet that max height in the combo there going to fall into another swing, ir fall take falldamage and get put into another one because there sprint gets canceled due to fall damage
Ok you clearly didn’t read my response but to make it clear your argument is against the suggestion I clearly said wasn’t my favorite
tbh this isn't my favorite solution.

I did say this was my least favorite solution so I think you should look at my other one again.
So guess that pretty much debunked your whole comment so next time try to read a little more before you make a response that makes no sense.... the comment you reply’s your has nothing to do with what are talking about. The second idea is that it boost the player up in the air and just to clarify that means you also take a lot of vertical knockback, again thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day 😊

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom