Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
chrome_sw66Ki1XnF.png

This is Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Currently, I am building a 1;1 block recreation of the airport as part of the 1;1 scale Minecraft 'Earth' map, where the entire globe is being recreated on a 1;1 scale by many different creators and build teams. So far, since this is day 1, all I have been doing is outlining areas that will need to be worked on, and creating the runway and taxiway, since these are not detected as roads by OpenStreetMap meaning they need to be built manually.

This project is probably going to take quite a bit of time, so I will be making an update post every week or so on how progress is coming along. This is a really fun project I thought I would take on, because of all my knowledge about the airport since I volunteer there, and when lockdown if lifted and I return to my volunteer position there I can always access the areas I need to based on where I am building.

I'll update everyone next week on the progress that has been made, be sure to leave suggestions and ideas to make the map even more spectacular!

More images:
chrome_MkM7d67gi9.png
chrome_1irsCAjOQ0.png
chrome_GLAcfs1hL6.png
AcYNfbxM8w.png
chrome_sw66Ki1XnF.png

henryk

Novice Member
May 8, 2020
someone’s basement
View attachment 164132
This is Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Currently, I am building a 1;1 block recreation of the airport as part of the 1;1 scale Minecraft 'Earth' map, where the entire globe is being recreated on a 1;1 scale by many different creators and build teams. So far, since this is day 1, all I have been doing is outlining areas that will need to be worked on, and creating the runway and taxiway, since these are not detected as roads by OpenStreetMap meaning they need to be built manually.

This project is probably going to take quite a bit of time, so I will be making an update post every week or so on how progress is coming along. This is a really fun project I thought I would take on, because of all my knowledge about the airport since I volunteer there, and when lockdown if lifted and I return to my volunteer position there I can always access the areas I need to based on where I am building.

I'll update everyone next week on the progress that has been made, be sure to leave suggestions and ideas to make the map even more spectacular!

It’s looking good so far, good luck with the rest!

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
View attachment 164132

Hello!

Your airport design looks great. I would love to support you in some details for your runway, they are details I still don't see, and would give a realistic point to your airport!

In this link you can find some details for your airport/runway for example, Sequence lights and approach lights, you will see where those are located also Precision Approach PATH INDICATOR and the more important the windsock. You can see where they are located here: https://imgur.com/a/MKC7vlo I hope this can help you in your design, and excited to see more pictures of the progress in the future. :)

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hello!

Your airport design looks great. I would love to support you in some details for your runway, they are details I still don't see, and would give a realistic point to your airport!

In this link you can find some details for your airport/runway for example, Sequence lights and approach lights, you will see where those are located also Precision Approach PATH INDICATOR and the more important the windsock. You can see where they are located here: https://imgur.com/a/MKC7vlo I hope this can help you in your design, and excited to see more pictures of the progress in the future. :)
This is a work in progress image. I have actually been working on the runway recently with some further updates including the markings.
chrome_nL778ZQTTg.png

Reactions: _JoSee
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom