Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I am no professional but I decided to make a new youtube channel art just for fun and since my old one was very plain and simple with little to no effort
FotorCreated.jpg

Even though this has taken me 30 minutes i am proud of my work :D
Tell me what you think
*Cough* Channel Name: AboodPlayz *cough*
YT COVER DONE.png
Only 5 minutes to make :P

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Looks neat! But there are some things I would change.

1) Change the background to something with more light if you know what I mean. This one's really dark.

2) I would remove the Minecraft logo and maybe the Cube one to (Don't blame me pls).
It's to much detail, just put that in your description, that you play Minecraft on Cube.

3) Change the colour of your text to white wih a black border, that more modern :p

4) That left guy is a little bit too small and there's too much space between the arrow and that left guy, the background is gonna do a lot of that work, but I would replace that guy a little more to right so he's closer to the arrow.

5) A simple thing, but I would make your twitter logo a little bit smaller.

6) Last but not least I would tell something about your channel, so what time you upload, on which days, or if you upload on random days, you can put a little quote there, just to make it look nicer ;)

That's all I have to say, I hope this could come in handy maybe in the future, who knows? :D

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
1) Change the background to something with more light if you know what I mean. This one's really dark.
I was making this channel art on a free website, I didn't have many choices to choose from :P
2) I would remove the Minecraft logo and maybe the Cube one to (Don't blame me pls).
It's to much detail, just put that in your description, that you play Minecraft on Cube.
My channel art is very little and reveals too much of the background, I put it there to cover the background a bit more
3) Change the colour of your text to white wih a black border, that more modern :p
My text is already white... and I don't see any options to add shapes on the free website :P
4) That left guy is a little bit too small and there's too much space between the arrow and that left guy, the background is gonna do a lot of that work, but I would replace that guy a little more to right so he's closer to the arrow.
I put him further from the arrow to make the arrow appear as if it is moving at a high speed while the small guy on the left makes it appear that he is further way from the "Camera"
5) A simple thing, but I would make your twitter logo a little bit smaller.
Same reason as the 2nd one :P
so what time you upload,
It is random :P as of now i don't make regular videos just ban reports just need to build up my courage to record :P
you can put a little quote there, just to make it look nicer ;)
I was thinking that but it is hard to think of a quote

Reactions: Cynamooo

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
It is great! But I think you should make your art whith cnema4D to make some better animation. @CookieDesigns is really good at making art so what do you think?

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I am no professional but I decided to make a new youtube channel art just for fun and since my old one was very plain and simple with little to no effort
View attachment 128359
Even though this has taken me 30 minutes i am proud of my work :D
Tell me what you think
*Cough* Channel Name: AboodPlayz *cough*
View attachment 128360 Only 5 minutes to make :p

Ok so I'm just gonna be honest like usual. I kind of like your old channel art better in some ways xD Your new design looks alright, maybe a 4/10 but there are certainly some improvements to be made. Using a free website it doesn't look too shabby, but since this is your channel art that represents yourself you want it to give a really cool first impression for new viewers, which this doesn't quite acheive if you ask me.I was in a hurry earlier so don't judge my mad MS Paint skillz please xD But yeah, here's what I highlighted...

FotorCreated.jpg

The layout was kind of all over the place, it looked a bit messy. Maybe you should try to clean it up a bit like this? V V V

2.png

Cookie also made my channel art (which I love), I reccomend him if you have a little money to spend but if not I reccomend you try a different website or whatever as the one you are using now makes things look a bit, well.. crap.

That's just my opinion anyways, if you like it how you have it now then don't let me tell you any different : P I was in a bit of a rush when doodling these, so sorry they look so bad xD

Reactions: AboodPlayz

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Ok so I'm just gonna be honest like usual. I kind of like your old channel art better in some ways xD Your new design looks alright, maybe a 4/10 but there are certainly some improvements to be made. Using a free website it doesn't look too shabby, but since this is your channel art that represents yourself you want it to give a really cool first impression for new viewers, which this doesn't quite acheive if you ask me.I was in a hurry earlier so don't judge my mad MS Paint skillz please xD But yeah, here's what I highlighted...

View attachment 128362
The layout was kind of all over the place, it looked a bit messy. Maybe you should try to clean it up a bit like this? V V V

View attachment 128361

Cookie also made my channel art (which I love), I reccomend him if you have a little money to spend but if not I reccomend you try a different website or whatever as the one you are using now makes things look a bit, well.. crap.

That's just my opinion anyways, if you like it how you have it now then don't let me tell you any different : P I was in a bit of a rush when doodling these, so sorry they look so bad xD
The background was on of the few options out of a very few but was my favorite
As for the log and the egg i was using google images to use those 2 pictures and i just aliened them to make the egg look like it is on the log, i couldn't find a 2D image of a dragon egg & A log just in an angle
As for you layout I do love it but personally i prefer to put the Youtube Name at the top-mid or mid of the banner
For my arrow what do you mean "Weird Angle" i just rotated the image of an arrow and made it look like it came from the guy in the back

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
I would just like to mention that putting a :D, :p, or :) behind a negative comment does literally nothing to make that comment less mean, criticizing, or rude in general. Lmao, he worked hard on it just lay off. It's not like he has 3 million subs.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I would just like to mention that putting a :D, :p, or :) behind a negative comment does literally nothing to make that comment less mean, criticizing, or rude in general. Lmao, he worked hard on it just lay off. It's not like he has 3 million subs.
No need to take it serious xD, "Hard Work" i was just messing around with that website and made this
Doesn't anyone have the right to give their opinion? (not being rude)
and personally i find it nice for people to use those little emojis it makes it look like they are okay with sharing their thoughts

Reactions: DragonSan

Loriayle

Jun 3, 2016
America
No need to take it serious xD, "Hard Work" i was just messing around with that website and made this
Doesn't anyone have the right to give their opinion? (not being rude)
and personally i find it nice for people to use those little emojis it makes it look like they are okay with sharing their thoughts

To be honest I'm not even talking about this post specifically. I see it all the time when people say something rude or mean, and add some happy emoji afterwards as if it cancels out the message and doesn't make them a jerk... It's annoying and fake.

U

Unipotato

Nice job! I like it all but the black background is a little weird. It's a bummer you couldn't change it.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

We aren't being 'mean' or 'rude', but we are giving constructive criticism. We are saying certain parts of his work are bad, not that he is bad. That's how things get improved, not by treading on eggshells all the time. Please learn the difference!

Besides, I consider Abood a personal forum friend of mine, so I doubt he'd take anything I say as a personal attack ( and if you do Abood, I'm sorry I big fan ;-; ) xD Anyways, back to the subject...

The background was on of the few options out of a very few but was my favorite
The background is good, its just the effects it has on the foreground where problems lay. The characters don't look like they belong there because the shading is wrong - they should be darker to suit the night timey background. Also, there is no floor which is an interesting look xD

As for the log and the egg i was using google images to use those 2 pictures and i just aliened them to make the egg look like it is on the log, i couldn't find a 2D image of a dragon egg & A log just in an angle

Well it doesn't look too bad I suppose, it just looks a little bit weird to me. I'm probably just too picky with these things, OCD and all that :L

For my arrow what do you mean "Weird Angle" i just rotated the image of an arrow and made it look like it came from the guy in the back
When I look at it, it looks like it has been shot from a different person in a different position to the one intended. Like the trajectory of the arrow seems slightly off, if that makes sense? It needs tilting up a little bit (again, this is probably me just being picky xD)

As for you layout I do love it but personally i prefer to put the Youtube Name at the top-mid or mid of the banner
If you want me to, I'll brush off my Adobe Illustrator skills tonight and I'll have a play around with your channel art to see if I can help improve it for you. I'll make you a few different layouts too, so you can choose which one you like best :D Just give me the go ahead and I'll get right on it when I get home.

Reactions: AboodPlayz

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Just a question.
Why does Channel Arts matter?
Like I don't have any:
jCw9xTH.png

Anyway it looks kinda amateurish. Good job tho! If you spent more time in it, it should come out better.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
The background is good, its just the effects it has on the foreground where problems lay. The characters don't look like they belong there because the shading is wrong - they should be darker to suit the night timey background. Also, there is no floor which is an interesting look xD
I am gonna try my best :D
I just found out there was a feature to put your own images for a background...
Well it doesn't look too bad I suppose, it just looks a little bit weird to me. I'm probably just too picky with these things, OCD and all that :L
I was thinking of going through my minecraft texture folder and copy and paste the 2D model of the egg and the log
When I look at it, it looks like it has been shot from a different person in a different position to the one intended. Like the trajectory of the arrow seems slightly off, if that makes sense? It needs tilting up a little bit (again, this is probably me just being picky xD)
Will do my best :P
If you want me to, I'll brush off my Adobe Illustrator skills tonight and I'll have a play around with your channel art to see if I can help improve it for you. I'll make you a few different layouts too, so you can choose which one you like best :D Just give me the go ahead and I'll get right on it when I get home.
If your sure, and don't mind wasting some of your time go on ahead :D (But i suggest putting your signature in it, so they know who made it :D )
Just a question.
Why does Channel Arts matter?
It doesn't :P , i personally find it fun that you can customize your channel to the way you like it, it expresses you
Like I don't have any:
jCw9xTH.png
This is considered as channel art :P

Reactions: DragonSan
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mappoe wrote on Daanfkyy's profile.
followed you because i love minerware :3
Thank you so much for 2 500 in reaction score!:D
2 500 reaction score.png
I'm surprised I didn't get a welcome back trophy :o It's been well over a year! How is everyone? Catch me up on the latest gossip, cya!
qKhalidd wrote on Desiderata's profile.
hai. how ar u.
Top Bottom