• Changing the EggWars Bow.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Bigger Survival Games Teams.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Extra MinerWare Microgames.

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • EggWars Potions.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • The BlockWars anti-fly hacker suggestion.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Another Rome-gameplay map.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Add the Horse Kit in Survival Games.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com

Removing the bow from Eggwars is a horrible idea -10
... Its part of the game and people must learn to accept it. It actually requires a lot of skill to master and use a bow correctly like lets say: you are shooting someone running across a bridge about 50 blocks away, you must aim up and in front of the player, timing where the arrow will land and where he will run to within the 3 seconds it will take the arrow to get there in order to hit the target. Its a very hard skill to master. I myself am horrible in hand to hand combat but I can solo a entire enemy team with a punch bow and personally I would quit Eggwars if they removed the bow same with many of my friends and other members in the community.
Yes a bow requires SOOOO MUCH skill. Not

NoneHacker

May 29, 2016
It's also one of the few essential tools to killing hackers. NO way can a legit player take one out with melee only, well for most cases that is.

Indeed. The bow is a jack of all trades in Eggwars. It has multiple uses from stopping hackers to killing rushers or sniping someone who is breaking your Egg.

Reactions: Cyqni

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yes a bow requires SOOOO MUCH skill. Not
It actually does. To get the basics, it takes a good amount of time to get the feel as to how to lead your arrows to the target. Expand on that to perform techniques, long shots, or synergy with other tools/information to maximize the bow further and raise the skill cap of the bow.

Reactions: Cyqni

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I agree to most of these things but me being an egg wars player, primarily, I cannot agree with removing bow enchants or removing it entirely. It is pretty much the most valuable thing in egg wars, this especially goes for OP items when a melee fight is just insane. I understand it is irritating but with 1.9, fights are long and bow spam is mostly one of the only ways to kill people (sorry to say, but I'm quite a bow spammer, but not a noob :P) I think egg wars potions has been recommended before and I am quite supportive of it. Pls no horse :D.
Also, what you have said about the egg wars map Rome is very true. It is a great, fast paced map, where irrespective of the game mode, its a rush to the middle and then to the opponents egg, and after that it's a killing spree! I love Rome as a map and I would love to see more maps of such kind.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
I would not like to have the bows removed. As stated above, bows are an essential part of the game. It can be very handy to protect your egg, or just to kill somebody when you have less armor. Using the bow is not only for campers... Yes, it is abused sometimes, but I prefer that than having no bow.
Maybe they could nerf bows, and make them cost twice as much, I'd be fine with that, but removing them is not an option. It would change the gameplay waaay too much,

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I basicly hate the bow because it's a cheap way to win.
You stay at a safe distance dealing damadge and being able to knock someone off.
I don't mind if people use it to kill hackers, stop rushers or defend their Egg when someone is breaking it.
But when people start spamming it and refuse to even do something then I prefer the Bow to be either removed or only sell the non-enchanted one.

Also, bows don't take skill. All you have to do is practice a few shots so you can see if the arrow will make it and then just read the shot when someone is crossing a bridge and you shoot a few blocks further.

I simply don't want people to win using a cheap strategy camping with power I or spamming with the punch bow.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Indeed. The bow is a jack of all trades in Eggwars. It has multiple uses from stopping hackers to killing rushers or sniping someone who is breaking your Egg.
I can stop more hackers with my finger than a bow spammer with 666 stacks of arrows closed in their island without a bridge.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
You stay at a safe distance dealing damadge and being able to knock someone off.
I don't mind if people use it to kill hackers, stop rushers or defend their Egg when someone is breaking it.
But when people start spamming it and refuse to even do something then I prefer the Bow to be either removed or only sell the non-enchanted one.

Also, bows don't take skill. All you have to do is practice a few shots so you can see if the arrow will make it and then just read the shot when someone is crossing a bridge and you shoot a few blocks further.

I simply don't want people to win using a cheap strategy camping with power I or spamming with the punch bow.
To land a few shots by luck compared to consistently landing multiple shots is a big difference. Also, while you're using the bow you have to move at crouch speed, allowing the player to run away faster than you or, in this case, wall off your shots.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy

Even though bows do require skill, usually, camping and bowspamming with a punch one doesn't.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
To land a few shots by luck compared to consistently landing multiple shots is a big difference. Also, while you're using the bow you have to move at crouch speed, allowing the player to run away faster than you or, in this case, wall off your shots.
Try and run away from a bow when you're safe bridging boi. I dare you.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I don't care if you disagree with me on the bow, it's just a cheap way to win and requires no skill. If you need to win a game by spamming projectiles because you refuse to try fighting with an actual weapon, well that's just sad. Go ahead and hate me, call me salty or immature but I will legit not care about your opinion.
The bow is a cheap way to win and I'm not going into the discussion anymore.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I like all these ideas! They would all be beneficial in the each of their games!

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
Phew.
  1. We did have a bow. A punch one. We killed three out of four in the team.
  2. No bows, no carefull bridges, so what? lel
  3. Yeah, I kept telling him we didn't need obsidian but as the dude kept tnt cannoning our bridge it was our last hope...
  4. High safe bridge, we tried and he started pillaring, jumped on our bridge, BLEW IT UP WITH MOAR TNT and then came back to island
  5. I only had a stone sword because, we were 3v1, TheJeroen, a random and me. We fought, we were FULLY geared, but he had Notch apples. So we all died, my teammate ragequit, TheJeroen kicked by the anticheat, and I was just respawned. He was already on our bridge. Only had time to buy a stone sword. I could've left like my coward mate, but decided to fight. That's on me? Nope. He had Notch apples. There was no way I could win. You weren't even there, pls.

1. Cool, should have kept using it.
2. Bows and bridges are part of the game! Let's just take away eggs then..
3. It still wasn't your last hope.
4. You shoot him when he starts building up. He falls and either dies, or has to restart, and if you build high enough, (but not too high where fall damage will kill you), you can build fast enough to beat him to his own island.
5. I guess that makes him not really a camper.. It was 3v1, what'd you expect? Him to come to you and fight all 3 at once?

Anyway, the bows aren't going anywhere, so you should try different strats!

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
3. It still wasn't your last hope.
Evidence?
5. I guess that makes him not really a camper.. It was 3v1, what'd you expect? Him to come to you and fight all 3 at once?
He did because he stayed all time farming diamonds safe and warm in his room and getting stacks of Notch apples which made him immortal.
4. You shoot him when he starts building up. He falls and either dies, or has to restart, and if you build high enough, (but not too high where fall damage will kill you), you can build fast enough to beat him to his own island.
We tried and he either shot us, blew up our bridge or he fell and took no high damage.

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
I don't care if you disagree with me on the bow, it's just a cheap way to win and requires no skill. If you need to win a game by spamming projectiles because you refuse to try fighting with an actual weapon, well that's just sad. Go ahead and hate me, call me salty or immature but I will legit not care about your opinion.

One should always care about an other’s opinion, even if they do not agree with it. In my opinion: using a bow "correctly" does require a lot of skill, as you need to get the precise angle and shot just to the point where the arrow hits the target right when the target reaches a desired spot. And I do not believe the bow should be removed. You made a point saying that you believe the bow is not an actual weapon, but if you look at historic times or any history book, most ancient battles had hundreds of archers and swordsmen because both weapons had there own strength and weaknesses in combat. It’s true that bow spamming someone two blocks in front of you with a punch I bow doesn't require skill or isn't how the bow is meant to be used, but removing the bow would ruin many aspects of Eggwars and ranged combat. I agree the bow should stay but as for a nerf to the bow, it could have punch I removed in normal and only have punch I in overpowered, but that is the admins choice; let’s leave it up to them. Good day to you sir. <3

Last edited:

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
Evidence?

Like I said, building a high enough bridge. I'm pretty sure all maps include a tall structure on each island for this exact purpose. You can build high enough to avoid his tnt cannon, and shoot him down if he tries building as well. Whether you succeed or fail isn't the games fault. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

You all could also have gotten power bows and spammed him back, or at least had 2/3 spam him while a third snuck around and built from the side or high up.

He did because he stayed all time farming diamonds safe and warm in his room and getting stacks of Notch apples which made him immortal.
Again, he was 3v1! You can't honestly expect him to make the move to you. A team of 3 people can strategize more and have much more probability of winning. The rage quit and bad luck with anti-cheat aren't your fault, but they happen.

We tried and he either shot us, blew up our bridge or he fell and took no high damage.
In that case, either your bridge was not tall enough, or you didn't have a shield to protect yourself. Both of those are easily solvable, and would have voided all of your scenarios.

-A shield will protect you from him shooting you.
-A tall enough bridge will prevent him from blowing it up.
-If he fell and took no fall damage, he wasn't high enough which would mean you could have built during the time he was re-building up, or you weren't high enough to force him into taking fall damage.

Late game in Eggwars is all about outside-the-box strategies. You just have to be able to come up with one that works!

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas

"I don't care, but let me tell you why I care."

C'mon dude. Either you are not very efficient with a bow, or you are just flat out salty. Plus, like I told Ping, there are ways to avoid the bow spamming.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
THAT
That, should be based on skill. Not pure luck.
"I don't care, but let me tell you why I care."

C'mon dude. Either you are not very efficient with a bow, or you are just flat out salty. Plus, like I told Ping, there are ways to avoid the bow spamming.
Go ahead and hate me, call me salty or immature but I will legit not care about your opinion.
Pls let's not start a flame war ;-;

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom