Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProSl3nderMan

May 16, 2016
Hello CubeCraft community,
Today, I was looking through the suggestion threads and could not find one thread suggesting more friend commands. I find that quite interesting, as the only thing you can do with /friends is add people and see if they are online. Truth be told, the plugin is just a waste of time sadly. That being said, I have some suggestions on more friend commands:
  • /friend info <friend> - Would show what an online friend is doing. Example output: "Your friend, ProSl3nderMan, is in the EggWars lobby 4." or "Your friend, ProSl3nderMan, is playing Super Craft Bros."
  • /friend tp <friend> - Would send a request to teleport to a friend if they are in a lobby. Maybe add a feature for donors to spectate games by teleporting to a friend?
  • /friend tphere <friend> - Would send a request to a friend to teleport to them, the sender would have to be in lobby.
  • /friend stats <gamemode> <friend> - Would grab a friend's stats for the gamemode given. Example input: "/friend stats EggWars ProSl3nderMan" or "/friend stats Skywars ProSl3nderMan".
If this was to be added, a cool thing to add next is /party command, kind of like one of the other big server. Would state names but most likely will get removed by a staff, but I'm sure anyone would know /party from another server. Thank you for reading, I hope this would be added. Leave a suggestion command for /friend and I'd most likely add it to this main paragraph.
- ProSl3nderMan

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
They are currently working on the new friend/party system. And I think this things would be in it.

• /friend tp <friend> - Would send a request to teleport to a friend if they are in a lobby. Maybe add a feature for donors to spectate games by teleporting to a friend?
  • /friend tphere <friend> - Would send a request to a friend to teleport to them, the sender would have to be in lobby.
These 2 would only have access when your friend is in the lobby.

/friend stats <gamemode> <friend> - Would grab a friend's stats for the gamemode given. Example input: "/friend stats EggWars ProSl3nderMan" or "/friend stats Skywars ProSl3nderMan".
This one is a nice idea. I think this one isn't added into the friend system they are wokring on, I guess. This would be really cool. :)

ProSl3nderMan

May 16, 2016
These 2 would only have access when your friend is in the lobby.
Hello xMegaCoolx,
There might be a good chance for donors to maybe be able to tp into a game already going to spectate. Wouldn't be to bad of an idea.
- ProSl3nderMan

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Hello xMegaCoolx,
There might be a good chance for donors to maybe be able to tp into a game already going to spectate. Wouldn't be to bad of an idea.
- ProSl3nderMan
That isn't possible sorry... Even Staff cant...
Hello CubeCraft community,
Today, I was looking through the suggestion threads and could not find one thread suggesting more friend commands. I find that quite interesting, as the only thing you can do with /friends is add people and see if they are online. Truth be told, the plugin is just a waste of time sadly. That being said, I have some suggestions on more friend commands:
  • /friend info <friend> - Would show what an online friend is doing. Example output: "Your friend, ProSl3nderMan, is in the EggWars lobby 4." or "Your friend, ProSl3nderMan, is playing Super Craft Bros."
  • /friend stats <gamemode> <friend> - Would grab a friend's stats for the gamemode given. Example input: "/friend stats EggWars ProSl3nderMan" or "/friend stats Skywars ProSl3nderMan".
If this was to be added, a cool thing to add next is /party command, kind of like one of the other big server. Would state names but most likely will get removed by a staff, but I'm sure anyone would know /party from another server. Thank you for reading, I hope this would be added. Leave a suggestion command for /friend and I'd most likely add it to this main paragraph.
- ProSl3nderMan
Like Mega said they're working on a new party system :P

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Hey mateu,
It is possible to code in, that's what they are having to do with /friends and /party, so they could also very well code in spectating.
ProSl3nderMan
Still its isn't possible...
You can't join a game that is already begon not even in Spectator mode...
They can try to code it but I don't think it will work.....
Besides it would cause a lot of lag... And we don't want lag :P

ProSl3nderMan

May 16, 2016
Still its isn't possible...
You can't join a game that is already begon not even in Spectator mode...
They can try to code it but I don't think it will work.....
Besides it would cause a lot of lag... And we don't want lag :p
Hey mateu,
I believe you are mistaken, what they'd do is teleport a player to the game then put them in the same mode as a dead person would be. It would work, and it would not cause lag at all. I know how to code, if that helps you believe me more.
I dont like the /tphere, its much frustation i think
Hey NedGaming,
If it's a frustration to you, you would not be forced to use it if it was to be added, so no worries hehe.
ProSl3nderMan

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
ProSl3nderMan, post: 528189, member: 148835"]Hey mateu,
I believe you are mistaken, what they'd do is teleport a player to the game then put them in the same mode as a dead person would be. It would work, and it would not cause lag at all. I know how to code, if that helps you believe me more.

Hey NedGaming,
If it's a frustration to you, you would not be forced to use it if it was to be added, so no worries hehe.
ProSl3nderMan
Hey mateu,

Hey NedGaming,
ProSl3nderMan
Don't count on it that it will be added. I agree with @mateu9999 it probably wouldn't be possible or would be difficult, and there probably would be way to much lagg.

ProSl3nderMan

May 16, 2016
Don't count on it that it will be added. I agree with @mateu9999 it probably wouldn't be possible or would be difficult, and there probably would be way to much lagg.
Hello Marieke,
Again, this is possible and not difficult to code for one gamemode. Though, if they were to code this for every gamemode, it would take a while, but it's still easy to code. I am a coder and I could do this very easily. Oh, and it would not be laggy, I do not know why you both have assumed it would be.
ProSl3nderMan

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Marieke,
Again, this is possible and not difficult to code for one gamemode. Though, if they were to code this for every gamemode, it would take a while, but it's still easy to code. I am a coder and I could do this very easily. Oh, and it would not be laggy, I do not know why you both have assumed it would be.
ProSl3nderMan
Well uhm because everyone's teleporting in game and after the game has started it disappears of the signs xd.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
/friend info <friend> - Would show what an online friend is doing. Example output: "Your friend, ProSl3nderMan, is in the EggWars lobby 4." or "Your friend, ProSl3nderMan, is playing Super Craft Bros."
Hehe, more commands to stalk my friends...

/friend tp <friend> - Would send a request to teleport to a friend if they are in a lobby. Maybe add a feature for donors to spectate games by teleporting to a friend?
I would really like this, but I think it's (almost) impossible to teleport to a friend while he's playing a game. Not even in spectator mode. It probably is possible, but it would require a lot of code-work and might cause lag, as stated above.

/friend tphere <friend> - Would send a request to a friend to teleport to them, the sender would have to be in lobby.
This could be fun or very annoying. Maybe a request would be nice. Something like: Buddy wants to teleport you to him. Type /tpaccept to accept or /tpdeny to deny. (Same for Teleporting to someone.)

/friend stats <gamemode> <friend> - Would grab a friend's stats for the gamemode given. Example input: "/friend stats EggWars ProSl3nderMan" or "/friend stats Skywars ProSl3nderMan".
This would be awesome. Just awesome. :)

ProSl3nderMan

May 16, 2016
Well uhm because everyone's teleporting in game and after the game has started it disappears of the signs xd.
Hello Marieke,
If you look at the server with ending of 'plex', they did it and there isn't any lag. So I do indeed think you are not really thinking about it as deep as I am. Anyways, there's no point in debating because if the developers believe they can do this easily, they will.

I would really like this, but I think it's (almost) impossible to teleport to a friend while he's playing a game. Not even in spectator mode. It probably is possible, but it would require a lot of code-work and might cause lag, as stated above.
Hello Buddy_CC,
It is not impossible or hard, please note that they can send any player where ever they want, and put them into any gamemode they want.
ProSl3nderMan

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I said it's almost impossible and would require a lot of code-work. ;)

What do you mean? I do not think that, for example, Stefanvld is able to send me to Eggwars lobby 8 when I'm chilling in Skywars lobby 6. Correct me if I'm wrong.
No that's indeed not possible because its not one server but multiple connected to a main one....

Reactions: Buuuddy

ProSl3nderMan

May 16, 2016
I said it's almost impossible and would require a lot of code-work. ;)

What do you mean? I do not think that, for example, Stefanvld is able to send me to Eggwars lobby 8 when I'm chilling in Skywars lobby 6. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Hello Buddy_CC,
That is correct, they can very well do that.
No that's indeed not possible because its not one server but multiple connected to a main one....
Hello mateu,
It is indeed possible, how do you think they send someone to another server when someone right clicks the sign? On my old server that I use to be owner on, I could do this with BungeeCord, I do not know what CubeCraft is using but I am very sure they can do it. Please note I do not pull things out of thin air, I have knowledge and experience in all of this.
ProSl3nderMan

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Hello Buddy_CC,
That is correct, they can very well do that.

Hello mateu,
It is indeed possible, how do you think they send someone to another server when someone right clicks the sign? On my old server that I use to be owner on, I could do this with BungeeCord, I do not know what CubeCraft is using but I am very sure they can do it. Please note I do not pull things out of thin air, I have knowledge and experience in all of this.
ProSl3nderMan
Yeah with signs but a command cant do it... like TP someone to another server that's just impossible...... (Only if you name a go to another server command /tp friend [name] or something....) (Still...)
Yeah yeah... Still I don't think they ill do it....

ProSl3nderMan

May 16, 2016
Yeah with signs but a command cant do it... like TP someone to another server that's just impossible...... (Only if you name a go to another server command /tp friend [name] or something....) (Still...)
Yeah yeah... Still I don't think they ill do it....
Hello mateu,
What do you think detects if they right click the sign? An event is called when someone Interacts with air or a block in a plugin, when the event is called they detect which sign they right click and somehow get that server from the sign. My guess is they stored the sign's location with the value of the server. Now, they detect a player right clicking a sign, now they just have to detect if someone does a command and send them on their way. Again, I have knowledge and experience in this and it seems you do not, just trust me.
ProSl3nderMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom