Aug 23, 2019
I love the elytra maps that is Really amazing they shut really add more then 2

I want more elytra maps :D... :D

Reactions: Dokter

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I personally don’t like FFA with elytra but a good map can change everything.Yes I would like to see something new

D

Deleted member 481668

I think you are right, some people like more!
Maybe you can try to make a map by yourself, but I like your suggestions. New maps are always welcome on this amazing server! :)

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I honestly hate elytra ffa. It's way too easy to run away from fights, making archer a preferred kit. There's nothing wrong with playing archer, I often decide to play that kit too. To me though, playing against so many archers who are able to run away whenever they feel like is just way less fun than the regular maps.
I also don't think that elytra's add much in the first place, from a pvp perspective that is, they give you great mobility but that's it, mid-air fights are rare, stupidly hard and usually very short, lasting until either one of the fighters decides to (without risk let me add) just dip his mouse downwards to fly away.
The only thing elytra's bring to the table is mobility, I'd never wanna play an ffa where everybody spawns with 64 enderpearls, and I honestly don't see much of a difference between that or the elytra-gamemode we currently have.

I'm not saying it should be removed, there are clearly players that do like the high mobility and safe area's etc. But I don't agree with the suggestion, adding more elytra maps (resulting in more elytra ffa maps available and played) because I don't like elytra-ffa in the first place.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
It's way too easy to run away from fights
It's not really easy if you know how to use the bow mid-air.

mid-air fights are rare, stupidly hard and usually very short
They are not really rare, and being hard makes them fun, there's a skill gap since mid-air fights are a completely different style of PvP, which makes them fun.
It's usually a matter of getting used to playing it, there's a bit of a learning curve for sure, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
It's not really easy if you know how to use the bow mid-air.

They are not really rare, and being hard makes them fun, there's a skill gap since mid-air fights are a completely different style of PvP, which makes them fun.
It's usually a matter of getting used to playing it, there's a bit of a learning curve for sure, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
I never said it was bad, I just explained why I dislike Elytra FFA and why I therefore wouldn't like to see more elytra maps to be added. Don't get me wrong, Elytra FFA should definately stay, it clearly attracts enough players.

Dokter

Dec 8, 2019
The Netherlands
I don’t like elytra maps but I still think it’s a good idea because you can choose the map you want to play on anyway so people who like elytra maps can select one of those and people who dislike them (like me) can choose a normal PVP map, there’s no negative effect to it.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I only like the map Flowers as map. It is really difficult if you want to kill somebody with the bow kit, because he is spamming, if more maps will come as elytra map, many people will choose the bow kit.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Elytra maps to my assumption are very tricky to design as you want to make them look good but also make them playable ex: Remove holes to get trapped in, design how combat to be fair and no high ground points where users can get a very unfair advantage, etc. I have toyed around with building or trying to build one and it was very very difficult. In short, I'd like to see maybe 1 or 2 more. But they are not the easiest or fun to make, so who knows. :shrug:

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Mayday! Mayday! Its May Day!!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Top Bottom