Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

Before continuing, look at this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/abuse-and-disrespect.207976/#post-996852

@johncoles said my profile picture was in violation of the rule
  • Trolling on the forums is not allowed. Taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another forums user is strictly prohibited. This could be by what you post, your username, signature etc.
However, my picture was never used there to annoy, upset, or bully another user. He said I don't own the copyright, which has nothing to do with this topic, and when I asked about getting permission, I was flat out ignored and the thread was locked so here we are.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Oh, sorry. My mistake! Your account is against that rule. Using other people's copyrighted content is just a generally illegal thing to do. Sure, if you can get written confirmation from the owner of that image then you can use it. Unfortunately that's not Mac's image though so his permission would be unacceptable.

Reactions: Keanu and Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 169486

Also I must say, if you knew why Mac left then I doubt you'd be making light of this.
If you didn't hide everything from us I'm sure I wouldn't either, but I haven't seen anything bad from him, so I'll continue to praise him.

Unfortunately that's not Mac's image though so his permission would be unacceptable.
Also who's image is it? Because if Mac can use it then shouldn't I be able to?

Endshulker

Jun 28, 2017
Hi
I dont mean to cause trouble im just passing by
but in the "trolling" part of the rules you sent, it says nothing about copyright.
You, however, removed it for copyright and calling it illegal.
Even though it's not illegal or in any part of given/stated rules, if you are removing images for copyright, you should remove a ton of profile pictures for "copyright" because they don't own it.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
If you didn't hide everything from us I'm sure I wouldn't either, but I haven't seen anything bad from him, so I'll continue to praise him.

I guess Mac is using a picture of himself illegally or has a written confirmation from on his wall.

I also agree that if we as members weren't always ignored when asking for correct details, we will automatically assume the wrong ones.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com

As much as I'd love to go in to the ins and outs of why certain staff members leave I'm not able to. Sorry!

Mac appears in the image so can use it as it contains his likeness. However it's not his image.

D

Deleted member 169486

We're not asking for every detail on the situation why a staff member was kicked out. But it'd be helpful if we had some idea.
This, and when a well liked staff member gets banned with no solid evidence so all people hear are rumors and then you start silencing people for wanting answers and standing up for her, it doesn't look good.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I'm also confused in the photo logic.
Let's say someone takes a picture of pewdiepie, pewdiepie posts it on social media and someone else downloads it to put as their profile picture on social media. That's illegal without documented approval?

If that's the case I've seen many people that should be behind bars for that.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
I'm also confused in the photo logic.
Let's say someone takes a picture of pewdiepie, pewdiepie posts it on social media and someone else downloads it to put as their profile picture on social media. That's illegal without documented approval?

If that's the case I've seen many people that should be behind bars for that.

Yes. Surprising I know but that’s how copyright law works. This is where DMCA and Fair Use comes in to it. Think of it with films, if you take a recording of a film and put it on to YouTube the copyright owner will remove it. Even if you point a camera at a screen and make a recording while you own the copyright for the recording the original owner also owns their copyright of the film within the recording. The same is true for trademarks. So photos of McDonalds with their logo in technically they have allowances in law to issue takedowns on. This can be countered with fair use laws but they are a defence not an offence.

Reactions: CheatersDontWin
A

A pigeon

I watched some vid on YT sometime back whcih said taking pics of the eiffel tower at night was illegal because of french copyright laws

Reactions: Shamel

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
You always need to ask the owner of the image if u can use the picture.
For example: whenever I take a picture and I post it on Instagram - or something else - and someone takes it and use it in his/her work. Then that person did something illegal.
Most of the time people don't really care if u use it, but some do. You can get in big troubles if someone complains about it, trust me.
Anyways here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
(PS: I can't really follow the thread but I think we are talking about illegal stuff and copyrightclaims, lol)

Reactions: A pigeon
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Top Bottom