Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you be interested in this being added to the Cube?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll be honest, the concept does not excite me to much nor interest me. It really sounds kinda complex which casual players or younger players may not enjoy / have an easy time with. Other player groups who like quick simple games might also not be happy. Communication and working together is almost essential which no team, unless in a party, is guaranteed. This is besides the fact it's not an original concept, now, it is sometimes nice to have popular games from other servers with a twist on Cubecraft but I'd rather they focus on updating and working on current games then a large new one that isn't original and may not get as much attention. Especially if it's already been cloned many times before. I've always felt Cube should stick to what makes us a unique server and build from there, going off of other servers success doesn't always lead to the same results.

Now if this were to be added, that's fine, I wouldn't play it, but with so many games already the time spent working on them may take a strain on updates. Especially on games that have not gotten any in ages. And this would again split the playerbase with another game. Considering I happen to play at the dead point of Java sometimes this would make finding games even more annoying.

the idea sounds quite interesting for sure, and i havent seen a lot of servers witwh something even close to this idea.
it would take a lot of time to make without any doubt, but it would be a great strategy game. teamwork is the key to winning, and even tho communication might become an issue, it would make forming groups with other people more likely to happen.

this is a problem in all team gamemodes, maps with 4+ per team are a huge pain to play when theres a random guy who doesnt communicate.

this happens in literally every gamemode tho, its quite frustrating to see people who dont even try to understand the basics. i get that being new to a game might be confusing, but my god is it really this hard to try stuff?

when it comes to lack of communication because of language, maybe there could be a quick menu with messages like "im going to [direction]", "who's going to defend?".... this way people can still talk despite speaking a different language.

Yes, but compared to other game-modes it's more consequential. Similar to Egg Wars Teams VS Tower Defense Teams. From how you said it, (just what I got from it) it seems like it's on them if they are confused? I don't fully agree, especially when this is a different and difficult gamemode. I wouldn't fully blame them. On the flip-side you are right because there are trolls or people who dont care. This could plague the game especially since team work becomes so vital. Another reason is there are words they don't get coming from other languages or age groups. Point is, this was common with Tower Defense, so it would be expected maybe more-so here. A menu would be interesting but there is a lot more situational things that would need to be said, then looking for the thing to say when you could as easily just say it would only stall.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I'll be honest, the concept does not excite me to much nor interest me. It really sounds kinda complex which casual players or younger players may not enjoy / have an easy time with. Other player groups who like quick simple games might also not be happy. Communication and working together is almost essential which no team, unless in a party, is guaranteed.

A totally valid point and criticism.

This is besides the fact it's not an original concept, now, it is sometimes nice to have popular games from other servers with a twist on Cubecraft but I'd rather they focus on updating and working on current games then a large new one that isn't original and may not get as much attention. Especially if it's already been cloned many times before. I've always felt Cube should stick to what makes us a unique server and build from there, going off of other servers success doesn't always lead to the same results.

First off, the last game added was "Among Slimes", which as you mentioned is a twist. When I say the term MOBA it is an entire genera, not a game. Popular MOBA's include League of Legends, DOTA, and Smite. There have not really been (as far as I know) any large or even many small MOBA servers for Minecraft, so if Cube were to add is as a game, it would be original. It's like saying if CubeCraft added some sort of board game minigame they are just copying monopoly or mario party.

Now if this were to be added, that's fine, I wouldn't play it, but with so many games already the time spent working on them may take a strain on updates. Especially on games that have not gotten any in ages.
The dev strain while possible is true for no matter what they choose to do, as I said while this would be a big project a lot of the ideas inside the game they actually have a rough outline from it within different games on the network.

And this would again split the playerbase with another game. Considering I happen to play at the dead point of Java sometimes this would make finding games even more annoying.

I also played during the dead period of Cube, and I'm aware of the strain this could cause. Luckily each game would only have 10 players, so as far as games go it actually only causes minimum stretching of players (as mentioned in the original post)

You and a lot of other people also mentioned that it is a complicated game and that I also agree with, they would need a tutorial just like Tower Defense has.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
First off, the last game added was "Among Slimes", which as you mentioned is a twist. When I say the term MOBA it is an entire genera, not a game. Popular MOBA's include League of Legends, DOTA, and Smite. There have not really been (as far as I know) any large or even many small MOBA servers for Minecraft, so if Cube were to add is as a game, it would be original. It's like saying if CubeCraft added some sort of board game minigame they are just copying monopoly or mario party.

The game you suggested for this is a game, not a genera, one of which sounds similar to others not just on servers but close to the idea of these games. The point is I just don't see the appeal to remaking games like these when they aren't exactly in high demand at this time. Like I said earlier I'm fine with it happening occasionally if the game is popular enough and also done right like Among Slimes which is certainly done uniquely and is currently popular but compared to a game people might not even know and or have difficulty's with, I am not certain.

Also to add to the point it is complicated, and would probably require a tutorial and a whole lot of other things, this is something lots of players would not be interested in, like I said earlier a whole lot of people like quick and simple games, this may be the reason, besides lack of updates, the tower defense community is a lot closer together and condensed compared to the Sky Wars community.

Don't get me wrong this is certainly an interesting concept but I think there are to many problems I could see coming internally and externally for this to be worth a lot of time consumption, for now, at least.

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
Sorry about that, I edited the original post to explain what a MOBA is, I hope that helps!
Thank you, I can now give my personal opinion on the matter.

While I would be very excited to see this added (I truly would, I think it could be really fun), I have a few reasons for believing other people might disagree with me. My answer will, however, be ultimately bias in the favor of adding the game because I think it would be fun. Now, with that out of the way, let me begin.

I think that this game would be interesting to add in, I am now a largely Bedrock player, and see no reason or likelihood of it being added into Bedrock. It would be a unique game if it were to be added in, it would be on the Java network. I say this because it would be much easier for the developers to create a game like this on Java edition of Minecraft as opposed to Bedrock edition. However much this game intrigues me, it looks an awful lot like League of Legends, which is a very real game. Unlike Among Us, which has been recreated in Among Slimes, Riot Games (the creators of League of Legends) might not be as accepting of a recreation in Minecraft, especially from a big Minecraft server such as CubeCraft as Innersloth is (the creators of Among Us). I'm not saying that they would take legal action or anything, but it's just another reason why this game might not exist soon. Obviously, there are other ways around this such as making different game additions and features, but that's just another thing to worry about.

For these reasons and others, however much this game would be a cool addition in my opinion, I don't see this game opening.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Thank you, I can now give my personal opinion on the matter.

While I would be very excited to see this added (I truly would, I think it could be really fun), I have a few reasons for believing other people might disagree with me. My answer will, however, be ultimately bias in the favor of adding the game because I think it would be fun. Now, with that out of the way, let me begin.

I think that this game would be interesting to add in, I am now a largely Bedrock player, and see no reason or likelihood of it being added into Bedrock. It would be a unique game if it were to be added in, it would be on the Java network. I say this because it would be much easier for the developers to create a game like this on Java edition of Minecraft as opposed to Bedrock edition. However much this game intrigues me, it looks an awful lot like League of Legends, which is a very real game. Unlike Among Us, which has been recreated in Among Slimes, Riot Games (the creators of League of Legends) might not be as accepting of a recreation in Minecraft, especially from a big Minecraft server such as CubeCraft as Innersloth is (the creators of Among Us). I'm not saying that they would take legal action or anything, but it's just another reason why this game might not exist soon. Obviously, there are other ways around this such as making different game additions and features, but that's just another thing to worry about.

For these reasons and others, however much this game would be a cool addition in my opinion, I don't see this game opening.
Hey, thanks for the reply, I just have a few things to mention. First off I'm surprised you think it would be on java, my initial feeling is that it would be more likely to be a bedrock game given the fact that models are easier in that version (as far as I'm aware), I just posted the thread as a java game because that's what I play more of!

Next onto the League issue, that would not be a problem in the slightest. If they went and copied League exactly then yet it would be a problem, but MOBA is a genera of game, it looks similar to League because League is the biggest MOBA, but other big ones you may have heard of include DOTA 2 and SMITE. Riot games can't claim ownership of an entire genera, it would be like Call of Duty trying to take down any other first person shooter game, or TF2 trying to shut down any other hero shooter.

If you have any other questions or concerns I would be interested in hearing them as well!

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
Hey, thanks for the reply, I just have a few things to mention. First off I'm surprised you think it would be on java, my initial feeling is that it would be more likely to be a bedrock game given the fact that models are easier in that version (as far as I'm aware), I just posted the thread as a java game because that's what I play more of!

Next onto the League issue, that would not be a problem in the slightest. If they went and copied League exactly then yet it would be a problem, but MOBA is a genera of game, it looks similar to League because League is the biggest MOBA, but other big ones you may have heard of include DOTA 2 and SMITE. Riot games can't claim ownership of an entire genera, it would be like Call of Duty trying to take down any other first person shooter game, or TF2 trying to shut down any other hero shooter.

If you have any other questions or concerns I would be interested in hearing them as well!
I agree with your reasoning and you make a good argument. :)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
us fr
Untitled356_20240416075428.png
Eli
6,666 Reaction score, nice.

Stay tuned for 66,666!
Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Eli
I, I wanna be in the room where it happens
The room where it happens
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
What a very weird and Spefic profile picture neighbor.
Top Bottom