Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoralKitty

Jul 16, 2022
Connecticut
Pronouns
She/Her
I think matchmaking should be determined by the device someone is playing on. it feels like every other game of eggwars im rushed instantly by some tryhard pc player (I play on xbox). it'd be nice to play against people who also play on xbox for the games to be fair. this doesnt even have to be default, it could be a toggled setting. pc players make the game so unenjoyable for me as they always have the advantage in fights, block placing, etc

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m pretty sure this allready exists inside of the settings menu in the lobby. However, I’ve heard many people claim that it isn’t effective in practice, especially in game modes with low player counts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reesle

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
I’m pretty sure this allready exists inside of the settings menu in the lobby. However, I’ve heard many people claim that it isn’t effective in practice, especially in game modes with low player counts.
Yeah it does exist, but isn’t effective at all. I’m mobile, and I RARELY ever encounter mobile players.

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
Estoy bastante seguro de que esto ya existe dentro del menú de configuración en el lobby. Sin embargo, he escuchado a muchas personas afirmar que no es efectivo en la práctica, especialmente en modos de juego con pocos jugadores.
The option that appears in the lobby is NOT a match by device, quite the opposite, it matches you with PC users making the "more difficult games", this was said by rubik when the option was released.

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, it doesnt work at all. theres no differance and ive tested it
CoralKitty after 10 games of Eggwars and another 10 of lucky blocks, split in between the lobby difficulty setting the results showed as followed (please do note these were recorded an rewatched to figure out this information and is not 100%)

Pc Players (console) in mobile lobby’s: 4

Mobile players in PC lobby’s: 3(including me)

Pc/console in lucky blocks: 8

Mobile in lucky blocks: 19

For more information read down ⬇️
Yeah it does exist, but isn’t effective at all. I’m mobile, and I RARELY ever encounter mobile players.
Reesle there are probably two things that causes this,
1-Difficult games setting
2-Map selecting

I believe you know how the difficult games setting works so I’ll tell you about map selecting

I used map selecting and noticed an increase of PC/Console players the reason this could be is because your selecting maps and not players, if you just run in it is different.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Solution: have players in a specific game vote for a map.

Benefits: Can choose the map and play against people with the same controls

Negatives: stream sniping for mobile players will be more difficult, longer wait time between games, more work on devs(would delay and/or prevent other updates too)

gaIaxy

Feb 28, 2020
your mom's house
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
They/Them
imo it should be done by input device rather than the device you are using to play, for example someone could plug a keyboard and mouse into a phone or use a controller on PC, not sure how easy this would be to inplement tho

Reactions: JustNathie

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
Hi CoralKitty! There is actually a thread explaining how the matchmaking works and you can check it out here. I do agree the the matchmaking is not effective at all and needs some work but we also have to consider so many things that actually go behind the matchmaking.

nusacoo

Jun 13, 2023
I think matchmaking should be determined by the device someone is playing on. it feels like every other game of eggwars im rushed instantly by some tryhard pc player (I play on xbox). it'd be nice to play against people who also play on xbox for the games to be fair. this doesnt even have to be default, it could be a toggled setting. pc players make the game so unenjoyable for me as they always have the advantage in fights, block placing, etc
I agree, also because after many games playing against mobile players that can't aim is a little bit boring

Magnomon

Dec 28, 2022
Germany
thats actually a great idea, but tbh im sure there are tryhards on other devices than pc too. But yeah i can agree its sometimes unfair.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This is already a feature. However as stated by a member of the staff team many years ago during times where there are a majority of a playerbase on an input device they will fill games with those inputs over your preferred/set input this is done so games start quicker as they prefer having games fill up rather than have half empty games with people waiting for others on their input and matchmaking region to join the game.

Hope this clears up any confusion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
Top Bottom