Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Exciting_pancake

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2014
The UK
🌵 Plants! 🪴
This is a free & educational world that you will find on the Minecraft Marketplace, the world is all about plants!

plantsonmarketplace.png

Plants on the Minecraft Marketplace.

Education

We created a free and informative piece of content. Why? We believe it's important to offer an alternative way of learning, to give people more opportunities of staying engaged with a subject they are passionate about! Plants are vital to our existence and we want the Minecraft audience to experience this in our interactive map.

education_2.jpg

Fun plant facts scattered around the map

We created a world where the player didn't feel like they're learning but they really are. A gardener guide takes you through the map and teaches you about the different aspects of the plants - the plant cells, the anatomy of a plant, and photosynthesis. You can then go and take a quiz where you have to pass 5 questions in order to move on. The next stage of the experience is roaming free around the garden where the player can take additional quests and learn even more!

education_1.jpg

The big fat plant quiz

Art & Design

A lot of work went into the creation process. We starting to collaborate and work on a plan. Most plans change and this was project was no exception! Our goals were to create an interactive experience with various plants for the player to grow and learn about. We planned out what we wanted the user to learn and how they would learn that piece of information. By using creative builds, models, and animations to keep the user excited!

treeinprogress.png

A tree in progress

@Yamin lead the artististic process by creating the models and worked with the team to help texture the different plant variations. You will find the models spread around the map - and they all look amazing! We have all kinds of plants, fruit trees, bushes, cacti to pretty flowers that help attract pollinators.
plantslist.jpg

The finished plants

introgardener.gif

One of the gardener's animations using smooth keyframing from Blockbench

The technical process

Behaviours and Redstone are key to any map! I had an awesome time working on the technical process of this map. As I have an allotment myself, I was able to take my learnings from creating my own garden to bringing this into the virtual world of Minecraft, which was super rewarding! The features I created were the growing mechanics and allowing the user to interact with them, adding the sounds and various animations so that they work in the game.

@SpookedCow was the genius behind the Redstone and wrote the various commands that allowed the user to hear the gardeners beautiful voice at the right time. This took a tremendous amount of patience and I don't think spooked quite liked her voice by the end of the project after hearing it so many times! Spooked created the pathfinding of the gardener who would navigate through the different areas and challenges.

plant.gif

The first animation mechanics for the plants.
This is the first rendition of the growing mechanics of a plant. As you can see from the latest version it has changed a lot, the newest one has smoother growing animation and is more consistent. Each plant has its own growing animation which stops as soon the plant needs water. It will grow again when given water like a real plant and will grow to its full potential. They all have their own death animation - big sad.

plantingame.gif

Animation of a venus flytrap.

Voice Acting

@jelliobean wrote the script for the gardener. We knew we wanted the gardener to talk in the game. At first, we got some of our designers to have a go at the voice acting but it just wasn't right. We finally decided to get a professional voice actor to read the script, which sounds amazing and really fits in with the character! Here's a demo of 2 variations of her voice and tone.

The Release

It was fantastic to release our free educational content as part of the back to school promo with Minecraft. If you'd like to read the Minecraft blog post, click here!

cubecraftfeedback.png
Find Plants on the marketplace HERE
You can check out our other highlights here:
🐉 Flappy Dragon
🏹 SkyWars
🐖
Pet Mobs

Last edited:

HellIsHot

Jul 13, 2017
Earth
This is lovely! Everyone who worked on it has done a very good job! It's great to know it's educational. 😁

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
🌵 Plants! 🪴
This is a free & educational world that you will find on the Minecraft Marketplace, the world is all about plants!

View attachment 200177

Education

We created a free and informative piece of content. Why? We believe it's important to offer an alternative way of learning, to give people more opportunities of staying engaged with a subject they are passionate about! Plants are vital to our existence and we want the Minecraft audience to experience this in our interactive map.

View attachment 200180

We created a world where the player didn't feel like they're learning but they really are. A gardener guide takes you through the map and teaches you about the different aspects of the plants - the plant cells, the anatomy of a plant, and photosynthesis. You can then go and take a quiz where you have to pass 5 questions in order to move on. The next stage of the experience is roaming free around the garden where the player can take additional quests and learn even more!

View attachment 200179
The big fat plant quiz

Art & Design

A lot of work went into the creation process. We starting to collaborate and work on a plan. Most plans change and this was project was no exception! Our goals were to create an interactive experience with various plants for the player to grow and learn about. We planned out what we wanted the user to learn and how they would learn that piece of information. By using creative builds, models, and animations to keep the user excited!

View attachment 200187
A tree in progress

@Yamin lead the artististic process by creating the models and worked with the team to help texture the different plant variations. You will find the models spread around the map - and they all look amazing! We have all kinds of plants, fruit trees, bushes, cacti to pretty flowers that help attract pollinators.
View attachment 200185
The finished plants

View attachment 199221

The technical process

Behaviours and Redstone are key to any map! I had an awesome time working on the technical process of this map. As I have an allotment myself, I was able to take my learnings from creating my own garden to bringing this into the virtual world of Minecraft, which was super rewarding! The features I created were the growing mechanics and allowing the user to interact with them, adding the sounds and various animations so that they work in the game.

@SpookedCow was the genius behind the Redstone and wrote the various commands that allowed the user to hear the gardeners beautiful voice at the right time. This took a tremendous amount of patience and I don't think spooked quite liked her voice by the end of the project after hearing it so many times! Spooked created the pathfinding of the gardener who would navigate through the different areas and challenges.

View attachment 199228
This is the first rendition of the growing mechanics of a plant. As you can see from the latest version it has changed a lot, the newest one has smoother growing animation and is more consistent. Each plant has its own growing animation which stops as soon the plant needs water. It will grow again when given water like a real plant and will grow to its full potential. They all have their own death animation - big sad.

View attachment 199320

Voice Acting

@jelliobean wrote the script for the gardener. We knew we wanted the gardener to talk in the game. At first, we got some of our designers to have a go at the voice acting but it just wasn't right. We finally decided to get a professional voice actor to read the script, which sounds amazing and really fits in with the character! Here's a demo of 2 variations of her voice and tone.

The Release

It was fantastic to release our free educational content as part of the back to school promo with Minecraft. If you'd like to read the Minecraft blog post, click here!

🐉 Flappy Dragon
🏹 SkyWars
🐖
Pet Mobs
@Click Greatness look it's you in the thanks section your famous?!!!

Reactions: Click Greatness

Shosii

Oct 23, 2020
🌵 Plants! 🪴

View attachment 200177

Education

View attachment 200180

View attachment 200179
The big fat plant quiz

Art & Design

View attachment 200187
A tree in progress

View attachment 200185
The finished plants

View attachment 199221

The technical process

View attachment 199228

View attachment 199320

Voice Acting

The Release

🐉 Flappy Dragon
🏹 SkyWars
🐖
Pet Mobs
beautiful

Top Bottom