Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Ok. I can at least partially agree with the issues you mentioned so let's talk about them. Apologies in advance if this is a little wordy.

3) Updates. Yeah testing suuuuucks. You might find it surprising but we do test. A lot. We have 4 to 5 rounds of testing that a product goes through before release. If it fails any of them it starts again. Quality Assurance is something I am currently in discussions with a few possible people with to look at areas we can improve. One of the bad aspects of being a large network is even with a large staff team nothing can replicate the thousands of CubeCrafters that try and play the games the second they are released.

I hope that answers your queries if not, let me know I'm always floating around.
I think i have a solution to that many servers actually do this as its easy its like private beta and dosent crash everything

When a new game is released Everyone wants to jump in and play at once, and most times this causes unexpected stress on the server causing it to lag or crash entirely, so heres the idea

Players can often see things that staff dont mostly because theres way more of us than you, so my idea is when you release for instance skyblock only those with ranks can get in for say a few days, before you say "against Eula" let me finish, add a new item to the store thatll sell access to skyblock (selling access to an area is allowed by the eula) maybe like a "beta key" thats added to your inventory upon purchase thisll allow you if you dont have a rank to access the server and ranked players can get in no problem its like a member only access, itll also give the server a chance to stabilize, otherwise its like straining a muscle because you didnt warm up before you exercised

It allows the server to adjust to players instead of 20 million players trying to join all at once and than the server crashing

The private beta access is like the dev lobby but for ranks and those who purchased access, in end when its open to the public its usually stable enough to handle the amount of logins at once

When its released to the public, the key becomes useless, something like this will allow players to snoop out bugs and glitches on a much broader scale, meaning the more that search the easier it is to find and fix issues

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Hey, just wanna do a quick reply to this thread. Mac left, along with some others. As where we are now, we have a limited staff team, but we can't hire people in just one day. The management team is currently working on this, so don't worry about that.

As for our CubeCraft community, it's sad to see how some people react to things, I will not lie, I did it as well. I didn't know how to handle with the situation the past few months. Now with the staff team as it is now, I really look forward to see our community grow, to get people happy on the forum and in-game. You'll see me more around on the forum replying to stuff, and in game of course ;) Cya around!

"Spending today complaining about yesterday, won't make tomorrow any better"

<3

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Players can often see things that staff dont mostly because theres way more of us than you, so my idea is when you release for instance skyblock only those with ranks can get in for say a few days, before you say "against Eula" let me finish, add a new item to the store thatll sell access to skyblock (selling access to an area is allowed by the eula) maybe like a "beta key" thats added to your inventory upon purchase thisll allow you if you dont have a rank to access the server and ranked players can get in no problem its like a member only access, itll also give the server a chance to stabilize, otherwise its like straining a muscle because you didnt warm up before you exercised
if this beta server was on a separate ip that you have to add to your server list it would be allowed by eula. It would be cool to have but cubecraft might not want average players leaking anything from the beta until full release. I would be down anyday to beta test some things but I don't think it'll ever happen :(

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
if this beta server was on a separate ip that you have to add to your server list it would be allowed by eula. It would be cool to have but cubecraft might not want average players leaking anything from the beta until full release. I would be down anyday to beta test some things but I don't think it'll ever happen :(
No it would be on cubecraft but it be restricted access type of thing and no its not against the eula you are allowed to charge acesss to areas of the server

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
No it would be on cubecraft but it be restricted access type of thing and no its not against the eula you are allowed to charge acesss to areas of the server
It would have to be a separate server. I think it could work really well though, they probably wouldn't allow players during the early development but later when the game is almost done and has to be polished and balanced.

https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/ said:
Can I charge for access to my server?
Yes. How players join a server is up to you. Single entrance fees or subscriptions are both allowed.

How often am I allowed to charge players to access my server?
You can charge players as regularly as you like. You can even charge for timed access if you think it’s the best way to monetise your server.

What counts as a server? Are proxies one big server, or lots of smaller ones?
A server is something a user connects to with their client. The user is on a different server when they leave one and manually join another (in the multiplayer screen). Virtual servers and proxies make no difference; to the client it’s the same server.

Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
I think that the Staff team is falling apart because people need to move on. I know Minecraft is a great game and Cubecraft is too. But I don't want to stay here till I'm 63.
They also have an outside life to, jobs, youtube, sport etc.
upload_2017-3-31_20-13-30.png

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I definitely agree with all that you are saying, I think that being original has hurt cubecraft, they also don't ask for opinions from members, they think that the gamemode is good but in reality the players hate it. I think they should ask the community more if they like things or not. I think they should copy one or two games from some servers, and maybe the player count could rise, becaus that is what happened on Hypixel. Also you forgot one staff member: @504Errors

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I definitely agree with all that you are saying, I think that being original has hurt cubecraft, they also don't ask for opinions from members, they think that the gamemode is good but in reality the players hate it. I think they should ask the community more if they like things or not. I think they should copy one or two games from some servers, and maybe the player count could rise, becaus that is what happened on Hypixel. Also you forgot one staff member: @504Errors
I've added that name to the list too.

It's not the originality that hurts the server much. As dark spyro said when it comes to first updates, it's about how unstable the games are crashing left and right because of large influx of players attempting to play that new game and the numerous bugs that came on first release. Even though there's a suggestions page, only a very few suggestions (even if forwarded to higher staff) actually make it in.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
meow :33
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Otherworld's profile.
💙
UncleSpect wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend, I hope you have a wonderful day today!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom