Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you prefer the checkered pattern or plain pattern?

• Checkered

• Plain

Results are only viewable after voting.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I see checkered pattern has had an overwhelming vote which is nice to see such a strong support for one option :p

Can I please get more suggestions on what maps to revamp and make prettier!?

If you plan on implementing checkers to every map,
For example you had:
Gray Clay for one block.
Blue Clay would fit because of the water and color scheme.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello TD fans!

So I really want to prettify a lot of the maps as they're really not up to our standard and quite a few of them are so bland and boring, I will not effect the actual gameplay in anyway by redoing parts of the map.

Please leave a picture of the map, name of map and your suggestions for the revamped look, give me your feedback!

Also would you prefer to see this so it's easier to know what towers to place?
View attachment 133836

Or this were it is more plain?
View attachment 133837

Can you either "Fix" or "Remove the map Candy?
Its uneven and its not a good map in general :/
If you wanted to do that P.M me because I got a blue-print layed out on how to fix it :)

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Is teaguns still a map? If so, that needs a major revamp!
That map will never return as it played badly and didn't look great. It would be the equivalent of me making a giant gingerbread man as a map and calling the map 'Efcluke94', although I take the more modest approach when building maps.

Can you either "Fix" or "Remove the map Candy?
Its uneven and its not a good map in general :/
If you wanted to do that P.M me because I got a blue-print layed out on how to fix it :)
I can certainly edit the playing area so the towers place nicer. At this point I'm going to edit every single map so there is no annoying extra bits such as removing 4 x 4 square in maps. It's fairly easy to work out what needs fixing, so yay!

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
That map will never return as it played badly and didn't look great. It would be the equivalent of me making a giant gingerbread man as a map and calling the map 'Efcluke94', although I take the more modest approach when building maps.
You should make a map like that. That sounds like a fantastic idea.

Anyways, like many have said, checkered patterns are the way to go on tower defence. It feels more "satisfying" and encourages newer players to work with the guidelines for satisfaction.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I think there could be an ocean map, where you start on the beach, then the track goes down into the ocean where there are fishes and other sea creatures swimming around. The castle could be a shipwreck. Maybe to do the ocean, have a layer of the top of the sea, then make the track go down underneath that layer
v the layer v
————————/
/. <The track < (it won't be that steep)
/
So track goes underneath the layer of 'water' (it will be different blue blocks probably) and underneath the 'water' is lots of u Dee the sea themed stuff, for example: fish, sharks, anemones, seaweed, crabs, coral and other stuff.

That's my map suggestion :P
As for the current maps, I have played them all and haven't had any issues with them. They're fine in my opinion, but adding the checkered would really help! Thanks for reading :)

ellamaree8

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2016
New Zealand
I have a map suggestion! Some sort of Queen of hearts vs the white queen theme. This map suggestions will fit perfectly with tower defense!
Love this idea! An Alice In Wonderland themed map would be great! I also agree that checkered can be really useful for new players - although not necessary for all maps. I also agree that a couple more 5v5 spots in maps would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Cyan

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Love this idea! An Alice In Wonderland themed map would be great! I also agree that checkered can be really useful for new players - although not necessary for all maps. I also agree that a couple more 5v5 spots in maps would be greatly appreciated.

Please do not necro-post! Its against the rules :P
Lock Please!
@zRinne @CyanYellow @LanceDaniels @Nikoshka

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello TD fans!

So I really want to prettify a lot of the maps as they're really not up to our standard and quite a few of them are so bland and boring, I will not effect the actual gameplay in anyway by redoing parts of the map.

Please leave a picture of the map, name of map and your suggestions for the revamped look, give me your feedback!

Also would you prefer to see this so it's easier to know what towers to place?
View attachment 133836

Or this were it is more plain?
View attachment 133837

Just wondering if maybe you could make a Doctor Who map
*cough cough xD

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
For the map Demons, I suggest you put some more detail into the mountains, I don't really know what, maybe some cool demon themed towers?
2017-07-07_13.13.15.png

For this map, I think the hills aren't that detailed, could get some reforms.

2017-07-07_13.19.51.png

Also this:

2017-07-07_13.20.33.png

That's basically everything that could get improve. :)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
For the map Demons, I suggest you put some more detail into the mountains, I don't really know what, maybe some cool demon themed towers?
Demon themed towers? you don't say?
2017-07-27_16.30.45.png

as for my popular opinion here checkered is both better for players who have never played before and I think it is more aesthetically pleasing

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
Top Bottom