Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,

I'd like to request/propose a change to how forum/website player reports are handled. If you report someone and it gets denied you want to know why, for this there is the message left by staff. However, these messages are mostly useless, containing little to no information other than not enough evidence which follows from the deny anyway.

I would like to make it mandatory to explain why you denied a report. This can be really general so that default msg can still be set up.

A few examples;
  • We do not mute for this/these word(s)
  • We cannot make a clear conclusion about the actions of the players based on this evidence alone. Try to get longer evidence when reporting teamers!
  • These insults fall under mild toxicity, if the user is repeatable using these towards the same player(s) you can report them for bullying.
  • Due to the high latency of this player we need longer fights to conclude if these hits are the result of illegal modifications or their high latency.
Adding these (or alike) reasons to every deny message will reduce the amount of times players have to contact staff members later on because they believe their evidence was enough. And staff wasn't able to explain why.

It's also a lot nicer to receive a reason why your teaming report got denied after 3 days of waiting without having to go to staff help/forums conversation.
These message would only be beneficial to the community and since most of them can be put into standerd responses would not cause staff much trouble except setting them up.

This suggestion is for the Java report site and Bedrock forums reports. Use a .txt or .pdf file to keep stander responses if you haven't already staff!
Don't use MS word, it's a terrible program. Go LaTeX!!

Sincerely,
Fesa <3

Last edited:

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
I think most staff members have standard responses (maybe their part of the report system even allows for presets?). Most of them already use different messages there: "Not enough evidence" or "This is not punishable", for example. I think having to elaborate on every report why it got denied is fairly useless. If you really want to know why it got denied, just contact the mod on forum/discord...

PaperKnight13

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2021
Barcelona, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I think most staff members have standard responses (maybe their part of the report system even allows for presets?). Most of them already use different messages there: "Not enough evidence" or "This is not punishable", for example. I think having to elaborate on every report why it got denied is fairly useless. If you really want to know why it got denied, just contact the mod on forum/discord...
Although this is an option if you want to know more about why it got denied, I think it's better to know more concretely every denial so that you can have a more clear preset of what you should and shouldn't report. It's a :agree: for me

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD and Fesa

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
The problem is that you need to re contact the staff member through conversation, it would be much faster and easier if the info was just in the denial reason anyway

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Hello!
We have done a review of all the messages on the reports site and from now on all moderators (Java and Bedrock) have a list of 30+ messages that they will use to better explain why a report was denied.
There are likely to be exceptional situations that are not covered, but we will be sure to add more if needed.
Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
Top Bottom