Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
As the title says, make it an approved mod. I mean, why is it not? The only thing it does is making you sprint all the time. Sure, there are many toggle sprinting mods that have toggle sneak too, but there are enough that only toggle your sprint. Also, can you pass me a server that does not allow ToggleSprint? I have searched several big servers' rules and they all allow ToggleSprint. The competitive PvP servers even SUPPORT ToggleSprint!!
Look guys, I'm sorry that I don't want my pinky to hurt after holding that ctrl button for 3 hours straight. I'm very sorry.
In fact, should I just glue my ctrl button???? It's literally the same concept anyway.

Please do not give me crap like ''it gives you a pvp advantage'' because it does NOT. It only saves you from a hurting pinky.

Come at me with some good counterarguments.

F

Facelurite

It SO DOES give a PvP advantage . I do not know what exactly but a giy byvthe name of CubeCraftRules used to get multiple criticals because of the mod and openly admitted to using it.

It lets you SPAMMM CRITS LIKE THERES NO TOMMOROW.

Get a new pinkey mate, no autosprint

F

Facelurite

'Buddyboy' here cant provide proof. Just personal experiences. @ItsDavey_ did you bother reading the thread?

Shodzen

Novice Member
May 28, 2017
Well, i give my opinion.
As someone up here said, when u sprints u do critics.

Don't commit suicide, I explain.
When you jump and hit, you do critics sometimes, but when you hit while sprinting you do critics always or almost always.
And that is the principal reason why hackers use criticals and bhop hacks while hitting, because the bhop works like a sprint while flying, and with the criticals hack that makes u jump, u give always critics.
As you do more knockback when hitting while running ahead and behind continually, when running and jumping you do more criticals.

So that's the principal reason why ToggleSprint shouldn't be added. It's like ToggleSneak, it gives the people a special advantage in PvP.

Reactions: Facelurite

LEO_KILLER_01

Nov 30, 2016
The Gym
As the title says, make it an approved mod. I mean, why is it not? The only thing it does is making you sprint all the time. Sure, there are many toggle sprinting mods that have toggle sneak too, but there are enough that only toggle your sprint. Also, can you pass me a server that does not allow ToggleSprint? I have searched several big servers' rules and they all allow ToggleSprint. The competitive PvP servers even SUPPORT ToggleSprint!!
Look guys, I'm sorry that I don't want my pinky to hurt after holding that ctrl button for 3 hours straight. I'm very sorry.
In fact, should I just glue my ctrl button???? It's literally the same concept anyway.

Please do not give me crap like ''it gives you a pvp advantage'' because it does NOT. It only saves you from a hurting pinky.

Come at me with some good counterarguments.
It gives an unfair advantage I will tell you to change the key from sprint to Caps as it is close to your pinky:p

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
'Buddyboy' here cant provide proof. Just personal experiences.
Your experience =/= everyone else's experience
BTW i doubt they have any way of detecting autosprint.
ToggleSprint isn't Autosprint
Don't commit suicide, I explain.
was this line really necessary?

As someone up here said, when u sprints u do critics.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Yes.

Toggle sprint for 1.9 PvP actually gives you a disadvantage imo. It might be a convience in 1.8 PvP but still not game changing. Most fights I'm in I never sprint for the entire duration and actually probably spend about halfthe fight not sprinting. Especially against good players constantly sprintint is just a terrible idea and really limits what you can do in terms of strafing. From my experience it's much easier to stay out of reach of someone you are comboing if you are not trying to get within their reach as fast as possible by sprinting.

I find it really stupid that people get banned for something that puts them at a disadvantage and only gives a slight convience.
Even if their is some advantage to limiting yourself on how you can strafe it pales in comparison to the advantages that damage indicators gives you.
It SO DOES give a PvP advantage . I do not know what exactly but a giy byvthe name of CubeCraftRules used to get multiple criticals because of the mod and openly admitted to using it.

It lets you SPAMMM CRITS LIKE THERES NO TOMMOROW.

Get a new pinkey mate, no autosprint
Toggle Sprint would actually make it harder for you to "crit spam" since you can't sprint while critting or at least get consistent crits. The method I've used since 1.9 was released for crit combos is a "W tap" technique where right before I hit I release W to stop sprinting and deal less kb to the person I hit and then I press W again once I've clicked for the swing. I guess you could do a aimilar technique with toggle sprint by disabling the sprint for a little bit instead without having to let go of "w" but I doubt it would work well.

Reactions: Earth

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
Yes.

Toggle sprint for 1.9 PvP actually gives you a disadvantage imo. It might be a convience in 1.8 PvP but still not game changing. Most fights I'm in I never sprint for the entire duration and actually probably spend about halfthe fight not sprinting. Especially against good players constantly sprintint is just a terrible idea and really limits what you can do in terms of strafing. From my experience it's much easier to stay out of reach of someone you are comboing if you are not trying to get within their reach as fast as possible by sprinting.

I find it really stupid that people get banned for something that puts them at a disadvantage and only gives a slight convience.
Even if their is some advantage to limiting yourself on how you can strafe it pales in comparison to the advantages that damage indicators gives you.

Toggle Sprint would actually make it harder for you to "crit spam" since you can't sprint while critting or at least get consistent crits. The method I've used since 1.9 was released for crit combos is a "W tap" technique where right before I hit I release W to stop sprinting and deal less kb to the person I hit and then I press W again once I've clicked for the swing. I guess you could do a aimilar technique with toggle sprint by disabling the sprint for a little bit instead without having to let go of "w" but I doubt it would work well.
I wish i could like this more than once

Reactions: Power Ranger

Cactus Awex

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2017
Manchester, Wigan
www.google.com
Oh really? I'd like to see the proof of that buddyboy

I have made this post as non-biased as possible for both your arguments and people who disagree.

Although it is highly debatable whether sprinting increases PVP skill, installing a toggle sprint mod would endure several changes to the already recently changed anti-cheat, and may let a few things bypass it on accident. For example installing a mod which is 90% about toggle sprint but has a couple extra features may render ok with the new anti-cheat. Personally, I don't think it's a risk we need to take, although I understand the pain of using your pinky finger too long.

Maybe in the future with a new anti-cheat update, with new features as well as a toggle-sprint access.

Also, you don't need to hold CTRL. Just press it once and you will keep running until a stop. But the stops are only small imo and you can just tap the button again. Although that can get annoying.

Another fault is that it may send too many packets, causing the server to disconnect you, I have tested hacks on the server for lols and even regen can send packets if you're not careful. Keep that in mind.

Another point is that Cubecraft, as we know from constant messages like 'Sorry, you can not say that' in chat, is very child-friendly. Although you can look it up, some people who do not know how to install clients/mods may be at a disadvantage.

Personally, I agree with you, toggle-sprint would be nice for players like you and me, but we must consider all people, as well as technical changes.

Oh and, try not to nickname people out of nowhere when they disagree, it may be harmless but to others can be seen as slander. (Nickname in question; Buddyboy. Potential slander speculated due to the use of other sayings in the quote such as 'Oh really?'. Combined with nicknames can cause confusion. In no way am I calling out slander, just speculation? Also, by being polite to all people, your suggestions seem to increase in popularity over time. Idk why it just does (at least for me it does).

Reactions: Earth

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I personally think this rule may need rewording. I don't really see how toggling sprint will change anything in PVP. As of now, I'll go on ahead and say it isn't fine to use. I'd disagree with allowing toggle sneak.

Shodzen

Novice Member
May 28, 2017
Dude, I was joking xDD
No, the sprinting doesn't help doing criticals.
And, i think ToggleSprint is not as good as an advantage, but bad because it difficults the pvp
If you want this mod to be allowed, i think u are losing your time because i think CubeCraft staff don't read a lot of the suggestions

And if they read him, i think they won't allow the mod because it is a mod which was ALWAYS prohibited.

GuildOfficer

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2016
ㅤㅤㅤ
It also allows for toggle-shift which can allow players to shift at all times including while crafting items or looking in chests
this is unfair thus it will never be allowed
Anyway you can say they can shift when ever they want you can do shift+ f11 aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow 💛
SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Eli
Behold my birthday meal

aa0fb30e-20ed-416e-b452-e4d70ce86ec2.jpeg
Thjis wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Top Bottom