Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Hello, I have a short suggestion about the support subforum. Right now everyone can comment on support threads to help people. I was looking at some pages of threads and I was shocked at the number of wrong answers given by members in this subforum. The staff-help channel on the discord server is staff only as well, members aren't allowed to answer questions there so I don't see why this isn't in support as well. Let me know what you think!

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Not only this. The amount of the same answer under one thread is big. This is straight up message farming.

The amount of wrong answers is indeed also very big. The subforum should not be private (like the application subforums), but it should only be answered by staff. This way people can still find answers without starting another thread.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
There are some wrong answers, but the staff or other players can correct the wrong answers. If only staff can answer there, you'll need to wait a really long time sometimes. And I also asked some things in where I needed an answer from other players if they had the same problem or that it was just me. So sometimes I want other players to answer and not only staff. I think that it is fine for now. If you want a staff member to answer, you can ask it on discord or in a dm.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
If you want a staff member to answer, you can ask it on discord or in a dm.
Not everyone owns Discord, so dm or staff-help is not always an option.
There are some wrong answers, but the staff or other players can correct the wrong answers. If only staff can answer there, you'll need to wait a really long time sometimes.
I would rather want staff to apply slowly and give a right answer instead of member reacting fast with wrong answers.

You can also ask in #english or the lobby if you want a reaction from a member.

Reactions: Floerkleed

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I definitely agree. I've considered making the same suggestion for the same reason. Some reactions to support threads are correct, but there are also a lot of incorrect and unnecessary replies. People deserve quality and right answers when they are looking for help. Some things can't be answered by community members, but they still reply (with incorrect answers/unnecessary replies). As you said, I think the support sub-forum should be private and only staff members should be able to handle them. It might take a little longer before people receive answers, but I think that's fine. CubeCraft has enough active team members to handle support threads within 2-4 hours.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Not everyone owns Discord, so dm or staff-help is not always an option.
Making a discord account is way easier then making a forums account. So if you have a forums account, discord shouldn't really be a problem.

I would rather want staff to apply slowly and give a right answer instead of member reacting fast with wrong answers.
At this moment you'll still have the right answer way faster then waiting on a staff member to reply. When I ask something in support I prefer an fast answer over a slow answer from staff members. If I want slow answers, I'll ask on discord.
I like to have a place to ask for support from the community instead of staff members.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
CubeCraft has enough active team members to handle support threads within 2-4 hours.
If this would be the case, I'd consider to agree. But staff takes about 2 hours to answer if there hasn't been a recent helper wave. And I also have to ask things multiple times and sometimes literally wait days for an answer. So I don't think that they'll be much faster on the forums, which is why I would like the community to answer too, as that most of of the time within a few minutes. And if someone gives the wrong answer, it'll probably corrected by someone else a few minutes after.

• Disagree
Reactions: Quis

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
If this would be the case, I'd consider to agree. But staff takes about 2 hours to answer if there hasn't been a recent helper wave. And I also have to ask things multiple times and sometimes literally wait days for an answer. So I don't think that they'll be much faster on the forums, which is why I would like the community to answer too, as that most of of the time within a few minutes. And if someone gives the wrong answer, it'll probably corrected by someone else a few minutes after.
I prefer having the correct answer from a staff member after some time waiting, over receiving multiple wrong and unnecessary answers, which will confuse the player with the question. Basically because the wrong answers will not help the players, but will only get them more confused or they can get annoyed because the answer isn't the right one.

I totally agree with this suggestion, because of the reasons others already mentioned! +1

ssunsett

Moderator ☀️
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 25, 2021
Belgium
I think this is a good idea! Sometimes there are important things where you would rather get an answer from a staff member. I'd rather wait a little longer to get a correct answer. There will always be easy questions from players that we can help with

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, I have a short suggestion about the support subforum. Right now everyone can comment on support threads to help people. I was looking at some pages of threads and I was shocked at the number of wrong answers given by members in this subforum. The staff-help channel on the discord server is staff only as well, members aren't allowed to answer questions there so I don't see why this isn't in support as well. Let me know what you think!

I was just thinking about this and then I see your post lol, I totally agree! +1

Reactions: ssunsett

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
I think something like this is a good idea, but something along the lines of a staff member highlights a user that has the correct answer. As someone who doesn't have a discord account and is most likely not allowed to create one, I still want to help and if the answer has been resolved I will not comment, only if it is still open. Locking could be good idea to go with it.
Im fine with open to debate but this is from a person who doesn't have discord

TLDR: Somewhat a good idea, but since some won't be able to create discord account, even something like locking when the question has been answered. Im fine with debate

Reactions: Quis
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #42-
The real name of a hashtag is an octothorpe.
Sorry y'all, didn't have the capacity to find a good fact because I was sick.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
Top Bottom