Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
C

Cuteee

Sure it seems harmless enough from the player point of view, you just want to play another gamemode with someone else, and you fully know you'll be just as active on this server as you were before. Maybe even your friend. But from a business perspective, they have a player who is literally telling other players to leave the server and go on another one. That's bad for them. Not to mention the fact that the other players might just prefer the other one and stop being active players here.
And this "bending of the rules" that you're suggesting just sounds like a loophole. It can easily be abused, and since its in private message mode, abusers of this will probably be getting away with it.
I mean, they could allow it and all, but it wouldn't really be a smart move on their side.

Again, this can easily be done if you have discord. It's really something which you can leave on at all times and easily add/msg people whenever you want. I play on a pretty low-tier laptop, and leaving it on all the time doesn't affect my performance in any way.
Isn't it the same if you do it from discord? Should them convince discord to not let players tell IP's of other servers than cubecraft? No. Then why should we have it in-game. Oh and about the private messages, this is meant for party/fmsg so players wouldn't be able to use it in any way. As I said there are players that don't allow their child to get on message pages.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Isn't it the same if you do it from discord? Should them convince discord to not let players tell IP's of other servers than cubecraft? No. Then why should we have it in-game.
No, if it's not on the server, it's out of their control. You can't be punished for doing something totally unrelated to the server.
Besides that obvious point, it also takes a lot more effort to get random people to add you on discord to advertise other servers.

Oh and about the private messages, this is meant for party/fmsg so players wouldn't be able to use it in any way.
I don't get what you mean, but I'll try my best. Party chat and friend message are forms of private chat. So players could use it... If I wanted to advertise, I'd press the tab button, see all available players, and start adding them all to a party and telling them the IP of whatever server. Sure, some people won't just accept party invites from people they don't know, but some (in fact I'd say quite a few players) would.

C

Cuteee

No, if it's not on the server, it's out of their control. You can't be punished for doing something totally unrelated to the server.
Besides that obvious point, it also takes a lot more effort to get random people to add you on discord to advertise other servers.

I don't get what you mean, but I'll try my best. Party chat and friend message are forms of private chat. So players could use it... If I wanted to advertise, I'd press the tab button, see all available players, and start adding them all to a party and telling them the IP of whatever server. Sure, some people won't just accept party invites from people they don't know, but some (in fact I'd say quite a few players) would.
Why would you join someone you don't know party? Oh and the discord was a way to show how people can advertise by some other ways, if you wanted to seriously advertise a server you would spam the pm's of the discord players, and in a big discord server as cubecraft is you could do it really easily and fast.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Well, Just send it through Discord, Skype, etc.
First of all who uses skype? Second of all i don't want to ask to someone i just met ''Hey what is your discord so i can give you a servers IP.'' Just enable it. Like people will just advertise it anyway in party chat/ fmsg. Just make it easier ty

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Oh and the discord was a way to show how people can advertise by some other ways, if you wanted to seriously advertise a server you would spam the pm's of the discord players, and in a big discord server as cubecraft is you could do it really easily and fast.
Doesn't matter, cubecraft can't make rules outside of their server. The only place they can enforce rules on discord would be on the Cubecraft Discord Server itself. What I do on my private chats on discord has absolutely nothing to do with Cubecraft.All I'm saying is that if you really want to go to another server with a friend, just tell him the address on a private chat outside of the server, simply because it is against the rules on the server.
I know that your suggestion is to not have it be against the rules, and I gave my opinion on why I don't think they will implement that. Discord is simply an alternative.

Remove chat filter from fmsg and party chat lmao
This I agree with 100%.

Second of all i don't want to ask to someone i just met ''Hey what is your discord so i can give you a servers IP.''

But I don't see why you'd want to go to another server with someone you "just met". But even if you did, yeah sure. It takes seconds to add someone on discord. And if you want to go to another server with them, surely it means you like that person, so why not add them on discord anyway.

C

Cuteee

Doesn't matter, cubecraft can't make rules outside of their server. The only place they can enforce rules on discord would be on the Cubecraft Discord Server itself. What I do on my private chats on discord has absolutely nothing to do with Cubecraft.All I'm saying is that if you really want to go to another server with a friend, just tell him the address on a private chat outside of the server, simply because it is against the rules on the server.
I know that your suggestion is to not have it be against the rules, and I gave my opinion on why I don't think they will implement that. Discord is simply an alternative.

This I agree with 100%.

But I don't see why you'd want to go to another server with someone you "just met". But even if you did, yeah sure. It takes seconds to add someone on discord. And if you want to go to another server with them, surely it means you like that person, so why not add them on discord anyway.

What if you just can't create a discord account, or you just don't want, (Or whatever other extern chat) Also, if you agree to removing the 'chat filter' of the parties you are agreeing on what you disagreed on the first point, since a non-chat filter party= You can advertise.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
For me many times people say this.
Tryharder: Hey Papa let's 1v1!
Me: Ok
*I invite him to 1v1 in pvp*
Tryharder: Oh no no! I am bad on this server let's play on play.minecraftgames.net.
You are not allowed to say this!
Tryharder: Can i add you on discord
Me: Just play already i don't have much time.
That happens a lot and no i am too lazy to open discord and add somebody for a 1v1 that takes 1 minute.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Also, if you agree to removing the 'chat filter' of the parties you are agreeing on what you disagreed on the first point, since a non-chat filter party= You can advertise.
I agree that there shouldn't be a filter in party chat. That doesn't mean I agree to advertising. That should still be against the rules, and result in a ban if found out. And it's not about me agreeing or disagreeing...Yeah obviously it'd be comfortable for me as a player to just be able to give away other servers IP's when I want to play with someone on another server...My whole argument is saying why this probably won't be allowed, and me giving easy and legal alternatives.
So sure, if we wanna get technical, my opinion is to remove the chat filter for anything other than server IP's or server names.

What if you just can't create a discord account, or you just don't want, (Or whatever other extern chat)
Sorry but "not wanting" to create a discord account is just being stubborn for no reason. It's a process which takes seconds and has absolutely no downsides. But if you'll insist on that, then you'll just have to stay on the server you're on - I'm not sure if giving out IP's with a loophole is allowed, but I don't think it should be.

For me many times people say this.
Tryharder: Hey Papa let's 1v1!
Me: Ok
*I invite him to 1v1 in pvp*
Tryharder: Oh no no! I am bad on this server let's play on play.minecraftgames.net.
You are not allowed to say this!
Tryharder: Can i add you on discord
Me: Just play already i don't have much time.
That happens a lot and no i am too lazy to open discord and add somebody for a 1v1 that takes 1 minute.

Aha well if tryharders start making excuses like that then just let em know they're pathetic and be on your way :p This server has a perfectly good 1v1 system.

Donald .D

Jun 20, 2018
First of all who uses skype? Second of all i don't want to ask to someone i just met ''Hey what is your discord so i can give you a servers IP.'' Just enable it. Like people will just advertise it anyway in party chat/ fmsg. Just make it easier ty
CubeCraft server chat if only for CubeCraft. Like it's only for the server. it's not a whats app or any texting app.
You got it?

Donald .D

Jun 20, 2018
No, i'll tell my friends that i want to play on another server via the Cubecraft server. Do you know why? Because that is much easier.
Dude, They haven't put the chat to talk about joining other Minecraft server "It's there server" Not other server's chat.

Donald .D

Jun 20, 2018
Cubecraft didn't make the minecraft chat.
Hypixel too, It doesn't allow you to send links on the chat. So here's the problem, No server wants to allow sending link in the chat. So here come's Discord and any other texting app job.

Last edited:
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom