• Yes!

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Any suggestions?
Gadgets in waiting lobbies.
Maybe you can choose a nice song in the waiting lobby made out of noteblocks.
Edit: Of course only 1 person can do this at the time otherwise I'd be a mess.

The keyword in my statement was "over -50%"
Some sales even are -75% which makes the price of Obsidian around €40
75%? That would make an iron rank cost basically nothing. Sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buuuddy

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Changing prices would be very unlikely. Have you got any suggestions for features ranks could get?
Dont make a, big change.

Remove 2€ per week.
If the prices change slowly the comunity dont explode.

If you remove 60€ from obsidian rank in one update.
The players than buy the obsidian rank a few days before will get angry.
But.
If you reduce the price slowly, the players cant feel bad cuz they loose 1 or 2€ and no 60€
And the player than buy the rank before the price get less than100€ get something like a exclusive loot item or something else

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Dont make a, big change.

Remove 2€ per week.
If the prices change slowly the comunity dont explode.

If you remove 60€ from obsidian rank in one update.
The players than buy the obsidian rank a few days before will get angry.
But.
If you reduce the price slowly, the players cant feel bad cuz they loose 1 or 2€ and no 60€
And the player than buy the rank before the price get less than100€ get something like a exclusive loot item or something else
Or upgrade the ranks :V

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
If the prices become cheaper, more players would be able to afford them and the price difference will eventually be recovered with the increase in sales.
You don't know that. You don't know how most people think, you don't know whether a % price reduce will increase the sales by a higher %.

Compare this to an irl store. Example: We compare Jumbo to Albert Heijn. (2 well-known Dutch stores.)
If Albert Heijn offers you a high-quality product for €4, and Jumbo offers you the same product for only €2, you'll definitely purchase that product from the Jumbo. If Jumbo offers more cheap prices for the same quality, Albert Heijn will lose customers.

This is a bad comparison. Your example is nice, but can in no way be connected with this matter.
You mentioned the same product with the same quality, for a different price.
The differences between Hypixel and Cubecraft are huge. Different games, different player base, different PvP, different rank features, etc.

Imagine this situation:
"I'd like to buy a rank on CubeCraft, but I don't have a lot of money. Let's see.. €17 for an iron rank that has almost no extra features!? On Hypixel I've seen the VIP rank for €6. Bye bye, CubeCraft, hello Hypixel!"
So in this situation, the player ONLY wants to play on a server where he can buy a rank? This might be true for a very very small amount of players.
Most players just base their choice of server on the games that are possible to play, that's what a server is for. And yes, if the games and all other factor were exactly the same, then players who want to buy a rank move to another server.
Low prices should not be the main way to gain new players, the games should be. And if the games are enjoyable, then the person might consider buying a rank.
Then maybe the prices are too high, but that's a whole different story.

To all the other people, Lower prices -> more people buying rank -> more profit is NEVER an assumption you can make without any research to prove your point.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
You don't know that. You don't know how most people think, you don't know whether a % price reduce will increase the sales by a higher %.
Of course I do know it, if something is cheaper a higher amount of people are able to afford it. It’s simple logic.
Not to mention that for some reason stores make discounts, “oh but they don’t know how people think”. Of course they do! A cheaper price of something that costs much more is definetly appealing for any customer. Even Cubecraft makes discounts in their sales. It’s a basic tool to sell something.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Of course I do know it, if something is cheaper a higher amount of people are able to afford it. It’s simple logic.
Not to mention that for some reason stores make discounts, “oh but they don’t know how people think”. Of course they do! A cheaper price of something that costs much more is definetly appealing for any customer. Even Cubecraft makes discounts in their sales. It’s a basic tool to sell something.

The reason stores make discount is because they spend a lot of time and money researching the Elasticity of their product. How much people will buy it now that it's cheaper, can we make profit out of it, do people also immediately buy other products, will they buy the product after the discount, etc.

And no, you can't know it. Yes, people buy more if it's cheaper, but the product also make less money. An example:

100 people buy a product when it's € 10,-, so € 1000 profit.
With 10% discount, 5 more people buy it, so 105 people and € 9,-, so € 945 profit.

About Cubecraft's discount, yes they discount their products so people feel like it's a temporary chance and buy it. If they were to permanently decrease prices, they can't also give discounts, thus not motivating people to buy immediately.

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Hi, I'm Remi and today I'd like to talk about the price of the ranks. In my opinion, they are very overpriced and I think they should cost less money. I totally understand that CubeCraft is a business, and that they have to gain money to exist, but if you want to earn money the prices should be reasonable. Otherwise people simply don't buy ranks.
Let's make a comparison with Hypixel. (Oh gosh I totally hate this, but it is necessary since Hypixel is on of CubeCraft's rivals.)

Hypixel's prices:
80b31a8253cfc8699799494d83373a00.png

€39.02 for the highest rank on the server. (In this case, the MVP++ rank doesn't count.)

CubeCraft's prices:
ac40933a362e7919b283984e6155b3b2.png

€159.29 for the highest rank. Sorry, but this is total madness. I mean, why would you spend money on CubeCraft's highest rank if you can buy Hypixel's highest rank for only €39.02? I don't know anything about business-related things, but I do know that the most players just move on to Hypixel or another server if the prices are too high. So, lower the prices. I'm not going to give examples of prices, since you are the owners, you know things about business so I think that you can make the best choice.

Why?
  • CubeCraft loses players due to their high prices.
  • If ranks become cheaper, more players will buy a rank, which causes more players to join CubeCraft, which makes CubeCraft able to spend more money on for example a web/anti-cheat developer. Wouldn't that be great?
  • I hate seeing a server like this die. Come on, grab your chance while you still can!
  • If you have more money you can develop more (good) updates, so that this server gets even more players :)

Why not? As I said, grab your chance while you still can and while you still exist! I hope you will make this decision. Thanks for reading,

~Remi

There are different strategies to implement as well as to reduce the price of the ranks that would be a very good strategy for interested buyers and that the statistics cup may grow. There is a reason which is that players are leaving to play which will not grow the number of people who buy range have the account that the server grows with each person that contributes and if the little participation of players buyers go down that would be a very unpleasant disadvantage. Even so I approve the idea of using strategies.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
Top Bottom