Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm referring to skins with armour textures on them to trick you into thinking they have better armour, when they really have none.

In EggWars, you're obviously going to avoid them until you have at least iron armour. Meanwhile, they could have leather armour at best, making the game longer.

What do y'all think? Should we ban them?

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
In my opinion, I think banning people for these common skins is taking it a little too far.

Genuinely, there’s no harm done as you can easily distinguish skins with armour and characters and with real armour - the latter looks a lot thicker - and it’s easy to think “The game just started, they can’t have full diamond!”

I don’t really see a problem with it at all.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, I think banning people for these common skins is taking it a little too far.

Genuinely, there’s no harm done as you can easily distinguish skins with armour and characters and with real armour - the latter looks a lot thicker - and it’s easy to think “The game just started, they can’t have full diamond!”

I don’t really see a problem with it at all.
Short skins and invisible skins already get banned until their skin is changed, I see no problem doing the same for this.

If you're not close to the player it will be harder to tell, also new players will struggle to tell the difference. Better to be safe than sorry.

Zeaura

Mar 13, 2023
When I first started seeing the skins with fake armor, I will admit that at first glance, they made me hesitant. However, as explained by Hoshi, the armor is a lot thicker than the skin and it becomes easy to identify what is real and not. Unfortunately if they are far away, it is harder to tell.

A couple ways to counter this are:

- It is highly unlikely that they will be able to get diamond armor within the first 5 minutes of the game. Everybody in Eggwars starts with a leather helmet, so if they have a helmet that is leather, chances are extremely high that the rest of the "armor" is fake

- If you are able to use a texture pack that has different looking iron/diamond armor, the skins will stand out heavily from the armor in the texture pack.

- If you eat a golden apple in front of someone using a fake armor skin, they will usually run away because they know they won't win that fight

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Short skins and invisible skins already get banned until their skin is changed, I see no problem doing the same for this.
Short skins and individual skins have an actual impact on gameplay that is purposely abused by players: Making it more difficult to land a hit on the player and/or being entirely invisible. This can ruin people’s gameplay experience.

I don’t see skins with armour doing this exact thing as it is 1) not difficult to tell the difference and; 2) you are still easily able to initiate (and win) a fight with these players - especially if they’re actually fighting without real gear. Eventually they’ll have to put on gear anyways - such as in games like EggWars -, which defeats the entire point of the suggestion by itself.

If you're not close to the player it will be harder to tell, also new players will struggle to tell the difference. Better to be safe than sorry.
It will be harder to tell, but it’s not impossible. In my experience, even from far away it is very much possible and not difficult at all to recognize the difference.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
When I first started seeing the skins with fake armor, I will admit that at first glance, they made me hesitant. However, as explained by Hoshi, the armor is a lot thicker than the skin and it becomes easy to identify what is real and not. Unfortunately if they are far away, it is harder to tell.

A couple ways to counter this are:

- It is highly unlikely that they will be able to get diamond armor within the first 5 minutes of the game. Everybody in Eggwars starts with a leather helmet, so if they have a helmet that is leather, chances are extremely high that the rest of the "armor" is fake

- If you are able to use a texture pack that has different looking iron/diamond armor, the skins will stand out heavily from the armor in the texture pack.

- If you eat a golden apple in front of someone using a fake armor skin, they will usually run away because they know they won't win that fight
It's better to just ban those skins than to try and spread a message. As I said before, newer players will still have a bad time trying to tell the difference, and likely won't notice.

Zeaura

Mar 13, 2023
It's better to just ban those skins than to try and spread a message. As I said before, newer players will still have a bad time trying to tell the difference, and likely won't notice.
It is true that a new player would have a hard time trying to tell the difference between real and fake armor.

Perhaps there can be a happy medium where CubeCraft can add a useless enchantment to armor to give it the enchanted armor effect.

However, that's something that may only work for Eggwars because it may be good to distinguish which armor is enchanted or not in other games like Survival Games.

I respect your opinion as it does take into account for new players, however, I will have to disagree with banning the fake armor skins as it doesn't give any actual advantage to the players who have it. It is an interesting point you bring up, but the new players will have to get used to fake armor skins eventually because this is something that can be applied to any server they might play on.

If you are personally having problems with skins, perhaps turning on "Only Allow Trusted Skins" under Settings > General can help as it only allows Marketplace skins, and doesn't allow custom skins.

• Disagree
Reactions: ENDERIUM and Hoshi

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
It is true that a new player would have a hard time trying to tell the difference between real and fake armor.

Perhaps there can be a happy medium where CubeCraft can add a useless enchantment to armor to give it the enchanted armor effect.

However, that's something that may only work for Eggwars because it may be good to distinguish which armor is enchanted or not in other games like Survival Games.

I respect your opinion as it does take into account for new players, however, I will have to disagree with banning the fake armor skins as it doesn't give any actual advantage to the players who have it. It is an interesting point you bring up, but the new players will have to get used to fake armor skins eventually because this is something that can be applied to any server they might play on.

If you are personally having problems with skins, perhaps turning on "Only Allow Trusted Skins" under Settings > General can help as it only allows Marketplace skins, and doesn't allow custom skins.
there are fake armor marketplace skins

• Wow
Reactions: Zeaura

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, these skins are super easy to detect and since I mostly play Egg Wars and always vote OP it's pretty clear it's fake since they have no glint.

While I get some players may have a tough time noticing the difference at first it becomes easy once you get more familiar with MC and Cube in-general.

human being

Jan 23, 2022
i don't think cubecraft should go so far as to ban people who use fake armor skins but at the same time something should be done about the issue because as people have said new players would have a hard time telling the difference maybe cubecraft could add a warning not to use fake armor skins to the rule that says short skins aren't allowed

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I genuinely thought it was Thursday today... I was so excited for it to be almost weekend :/
xHappyMood wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
omg GEMMMMIE IS ONLINE?!?!
itzhussii wrote on avalon :3's profile.
avaa <33
After some weeks of break am I happy to announce that more interviews will come by! I have had interviews and also have some videos finished, been working hard on them. I appreciate all feedback on them and the same style is in them. The next video of the series (when I write this is coming out in: 19 hours 17 minutes.) Happy to hear your feedback on it! Also, have a good rest of your day!:D
had to reinstall minecraft just for the twitch cape (then uninstall it again)

looks great on my skin
image-51.png
Top Bottom