• No

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
For some reason right now, badlion client can get you BANNED from the server! Look at this image I found:
af766d623af73b4685258611faa16c6f-png.jpg

Also check this out https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/list-of-allowed-mods.122155/
Badlion client isn't an allowed client on there.

I heard the reason it is bannable is because of the minimap, but if this guy cared to use the client at all, you'd see that players aren't even visible on the minimap so there's no reason to ban them!
Please make this client allowed because it can increase our FPS (by even 2x sometimes) + it proves we aren't cheating as you can't cheat on it, especially with the 1.12.2 version.
Also partner with them so you can add a feature where you can see other players who are using the client too so you know they aren't cheating!!!

Last edited:

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I don't support this idea after looking into this client more and don't think it's needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Clark

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Its togglesneak automatically disables if you type or press escape (unlike other togglesneak mods), therefore it provides no advantage.
Did you even bother testing it out or what?????
The thing is, even if you can disable it, people would still be able to use it which would be unfair for other players.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
The thing is, even if you can disable it, people would still be able to use it which would be unfair for other players.
What?
What I'm saying is that illegal togglesneaks give you an advantage because your sneak will stay toggled even when you're typing or if you press escape (which is impossible without togglesneak) so it gives you an advantage, for example you can type to your team to help you at an island on eggwars whilst hiding and the opponents can't see your nametag as you are sneaking.
But the badlion client togglesneak disables the sneaking effect automatically if you try to type or press escape. This means that there is no advantage given to you apart from the fact that you don't have to press your sneak key all the time and you just have to tap it instead, which is as much of an advantage as togglesprint (which is allowed)

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Badlion is a heavily funded anti-cheat client. It is a good way to prove that you're a legit player. It has all the essential modules you need for pvp, and has no unfair modules.
It is not like labymod.

The togglesneak feature is completely fair-play. Once you open your inventory, chat or options, it unsneaks.
Below is a gif to further help you understand why it should be allowed.
As you can see, when you open chat, it unsneaks, when you open your inventory, it unsneaks, how is this unfair?
giphy.gif

This is the same as holding shift, if you're banning toggle sneak, then you might as well ban toggle-sprint.
Toggle sneak is rarely used, it's mainly used because holding shift for a long time can get extremely irritating, same thing as holding ctrl to sprint.
These are minor modifications that do not give any unfair advantages.

Here is a picture of the entire settings for the toggle-sneak module
a2fjeHX.png

The "Inventory Sneak" feature is that when you open your inventory, you unsneak, and when you close it, you're still unsneaking it instead of it going back to sneaking.
It "Inventory Sneak" feature basically disables toggle sneak when you open your inventory, that way you don't have to enable/disable it yourself constantly.

Yes badlion also has a mini-map, but it does not display players, animals or items. Simply the terrain around the player.

Again if you're going to ban toggle-sneak, then why is toggle-sprint allowed? They essentially do the same thing, however, one is for sneaking, and one is for sprinting.
People love and support toggle-sprint because it is very annoying to keep holding ctrl, since when you pvp you basically want to constantly sprint.
I personally don't use toggle-sneak since it's useless for me, i'm only making this post because you decided to ban the client entirely.

Banning the client without doing any proper research was poorly executed, and it shows staffs interest in this matter, even after they were informed multiple times that the toggle-sneak feature was completely fair.

Also partner with them so you can add a feature where you can see other players who are using the client too so you know they aren't cheating!!!
Cubecraft is not a competitive server, this will never happen.

Demacushi

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2018
The Netherlands
But labymod got togglesprint and people are allowed to use laby, isn't that the same thing?

Edit: I don't support this idea, I'm not a big fan of labymod either.
ToggleSprint is allowed, but ToggleSneak isn’t. They both aren’t the same, there are some differences although it’s ‘almost’ the same, the intention of this client is to make the game easier (not an advantage) so players with this client doesn’t have to hold cntrl or shift the whole time. I don’t see that as unfair advantage to be honest because when you open your inventory/chat it unsneaks autmatically.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
ToggleSprint is allowed, but ToggleSneak isn’t. They both aren’t the same, there are some differences although it’s ‘almost’ the same, the intention of this client is to make the game easier (not an advantage) so players with this client doesn’t have to hold cntrl or shift the whole time. I don’t see that as unfair advantage to be honest because when you open your inventory/chat it unsneaks autmatically.
A friend to me asked a staff member before and he said that both togglesneak and togglesprint are against the rules.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
A friend to me asked a staff member before and he said that both togglesneak and togglesprint are against the rules.
At least leak the name of the staff member so we can start a discussion here.
That's what forums are for.
Tag them.
Also:
bdb8ce821d72328efc0e4071b85a257b.png

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
I don't know when they asked someone, but toggle"sprint" is allowed on cubecraft. Toggle"sneak" is not.
What's the difference??? Why is togglesneak (especially the badlionclient togglesneak) not allowed??? tacos already ignored this thread because he didn't have an answer, do you???

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
What's the difference??? Why is togglesneak (especially the badlionclient togglesneak) not allowed??? tacos already ignored this thread because he didn't have an answer, do you???
All I know about the respective modifications is that togglesneak is where you can press a key and it will keep you crouching, while togglesprint is pressing a key to toggle sprinting.

More often, togglesneak is used in pvp games to be able to hide easier or try to do something unnoticed. It gives the advantage of not having to hold down a key and will make you seemingly invisible because your opponent will never see your nametag.

As for why it is not allowed, even if it's from this client... I believe it's because it can do the same as any normal togglesneak modification and not everyone would use the setting where if they open a gui of any sort, then you would uncrouch. Though, I could be wrong.

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
More often, togglesneak is used in pvp games to be able to hide easier or try to do something unnoticed. It gives the advantage of not having to hold down a key and will make you seemingly invisible because your opponent will never see your nametag.
"It gives the advantage of not having to hold down a key"
Same thing as toggle-sprint
People can still hide and seem invisible by just holding shift, so having fair toggle-sneak is not a huge advantage
Compass' exist for a reason

As for why it is not allowed, even if it's from this client... I believe it's because it can do the same as any normal togglesneak modification and not everyone would use the setting where if they open a gui of any sort, then you would uncrouch. Though, I could be wrong.
There is no setting that allows you to sneak and type/open the GUI while staying sneaking. The client was very careful into what it added, it aims to be as friendly as possible so servers don't blacklist it for unfair modules.
I think you guys are missing the point here, we're not asking for toggle-sneak to be allowed on the server, we're asking for BadLion Client to be allowed.
If you don't believe that the toggle-sneak feature was made to be entirely fair and friendly, then you can download the client for yourselves and test it out, because I guarantee you, there is no unfair features.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
All I know about the respective modifications is that togglesneak is where you can press a key and it will keep you crouching, while togglesprint is pressing a key to toggle sprinting.

There is no "setting where if they open a gui you would crouch/uncrouch". Did you even both to read @Mesbar 's post with the GIFs that explains everything perfectly????? Unbelievable

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
There is no setting that allows you to sneak and type/open the GUI while staying sneaking.
Then what would happen when you have the "inventory sneak" feature off? Either way, you were answered by Tacos that we don't allow the client because it contains a blacklisted modification.

There is no "setting where if they open a gui you would crouch/uncrouch". Did you even both to read @Mesbar 's post with the GIFs that explains everything perfectly????? Unbelievable
I'm sorry, but you don't need to get an attitude with me. I read all of the replies from the thread. If I misunderstood something, then it was just that... a misunderstanding.

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Then what would happen when you have the "inventory sneak" feature off?

The "Inventory Sneak" feature is that when you open your inventory, you unsneak, and when you close it, you're still unsneaking it instead of it going back to sneaking.
It "Inventory Sneak" feature basically disables toggle sneak when you open your inventory, that way you don't have to enable/disable it yourself constantly.
So if you had the "Inventory Sneak" feature disabled, you would sneak, open your inventory(you unsneak when you open your inventory) and once you close your inventory you go back to sneaking automatically.
If you had it enabled, it would automatically stop sneaking fully, so if you close your inventory, you wouldn't sneak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom