Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 347571

What if someone only recorded you sitting under the island, and you get banned? People would just take the situation out of context and only record the part where you are under the island.
It's a good idea to start recording when you think something like this can happen so you can always show the person who bans you proof.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
If this would be a thing, there are so many ways to 'fake' evidence. There are people who get angry and only record you digging out a trap without actually showing that you went up again, for example, making it look like you're just chilling at the bottom of the island.
But this is clearly a case of a person who just wants to stretch the game.
Every scenario is different, a staff member doesn't know what happened before the recording. A rule like this leads to biased decisions where one staff thinks you're camping while the other staff thinks you're trapping.

If this is a rule, saving yourself with a shield wand from the void would also be punishable, since you're below the islands 'trying to prolong the game without any other intentions'.

I'd rather just have redstone on every map to craft a compass. Iron spawns a lot from lucky blocks so that should mostly be available.
On Bedrock, this already is the case, every map has some kind of (hidden) redstone block or ore.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
If this would be a thing, there are so many ways to 'fake' evidence. There are people who get angry and only record you digging out a trap without actually showing that you went up again, for example, making it look like you're just chilling at the bottom of the island.
But this is clearly a case of a person who just wants to stretch the game.
Every scenario is different, a staff member doesn't know what happened before the recording. A rule like this leads to biased decisions where one staff thinks you're camping while the other staff thinks you're trapping.

If this is a rule, saving yourself with a shield wand from the void would also be punishable, since you're below the islands 'trying to prolong the game without any other intentions'.

I'd rather just have redstone on every map to craft a compass. Iron spawns a lot from lucky blocks so that should mostly be available.
On Bedrock, this already is the case, every map has some kind of (hidden) redstone block or ore.
Its true this rule would be open to the moderates opinion and the context in which the player is camping, but even with a compass this player would be extremely hard to get to and lead to a way longer game for no reason

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Its true this rule would be open to the moderates opinion and the context in which the player is camping, but even with a compass this player would be extremely hard to get to and lead to a way longer game for no reason
You're right, it's really annoying, but this situation is so dependant on the context that it'd be silly to make a rule out of.

How would it be hard to go to this player? You follow your compass, you reach the player, you look up, if you don't see a huge skybase, they're probably in the ground, if you don't dig straight down you'll find them quite easily.

• Unsure
Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
You're right, it's really annoying, but this situation is so dependant on the context that it'd be silly to make a rule out of.

How would it be hard to go to this player? You follow your compass, you reach the player, you look up, if you don't see a huge skybase, they're probably in the ground, if you don't dig straight down you'll find them quite easily.
I'm aware there is ways to get to the player but theres also ways to get to a camper in eggwars and stuff, it's still a rule tho. Why: Because it's uneeded prolonging of the game for no other reason but to annoy players

• Disagree
Reactions: GiGaGekkies

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm aware there is ways to get to the player but theres also ways to get to a camper in eggwars and stuff, it's still a rule tho. Why: Because it's uneeded prolonging of the game for no other reason but to annoy players
The why is slightly different; it's because you cannot mine all blocks in Eggwars but you can in Skywars and Lucky Islands
ok now 25 agrees
forwarded

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
The why is slightly different; it's because you cannot mine all blocks in Eggwars but you can in Skywars and Lucky Islands
I mean it's also a possibility that you can buy a pearl etc altho it's harder it's still possible. The same goes for lucky islands the people are just trying to prolong the game for no reason, I think they should all be the same as it's still people making others annoyed for no other intention but to be annoying and make a game last way longer

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Hello Matriox!
We have discussed your suggestion with the moderation team, and unfortunately it has been decided not to accept it (at all).
We reviewed your evidence and concluded that in the case someone builds a deep underground base like this, we will discuss the report and consider it camping if necessary.
We cannot determine a block limit on all maps to consider something as camping or not, and we will only discuss extreme cases, based on our "Special Circumstances" rule.
Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations once more on making it my fellow Java helper :D
Frontlane wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations again on becoming Helper aaa
ElFlxen_ wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats, pro!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Welcome back to the staff team!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
Top Bottom