• Total voters

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi,
When I play on the Halloween map Cauldron in SkyWars, I discovered something which is really annoying.
There are three chests on your island; two lower ones and one higher. You need to loot all chests in order to get all your gear. But the third chest is so high in the sky, that it costs like 15 blocks to reach it and it’s really time consuming. That’s why most players don’t loot this last chest. The problem is that you then have only like a helmet and a chest plate, or even too little blocks to reach the middle.
So my suggestion is simple. Make it so that the lower two chests contain all the gear you need, and that the third chest is just a little extra, like in the solo map Glass.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Yea, building up there to find loot isn’t ideal, it’s a waste of your blocks and you need quite a lot of blocks to get to your neighbours as the islands are far away from each other. I voted yes.

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
i agree, i always skip this map because of the low amount of blocks & gear in the bottom chests

jackmr9

Novice Member
May 13, 2020
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with the way the map is layed out. It forces players to decide whether they want to spend time and effort to get the remaining ~33% of their gear, or save time by moving on. It adds an extra layer of decision-making and strategy that is not found in almost any other map.

elfelf123

Aug 14, 2020
Hi,
When I play on the Halloween map Cauldron in SkyWars, I discovered something which is really annoying.
There are three chests on your island; two lower ones and one higher. You need to loot all chests in order to get all your gear. But the third chest is so high in the sky, that it costs like 15 blocks to reach it and it’s really time consuming. That’s why most players don’t loot this last chest. The problem is that you then have only like a helmet and a chest plate, or even too little blocks to reach the middle.
So my suggestion is simple. Make it so that the lower two chests contain all the gear you need, and that the third chest is just a little extra, like in the solo map Glass.
I ran into that problem too, one time i didnt get my chestplate and sword out of my first 2 chests and i also got barely any blocks to build up. When i reached the chest it did contain my sword and chestplate, but i didn't have enough blocks to reach mid.

Blank

Sep 19, 2017
Egypt
I agree, I think they should move the chest to somewhere else because it's really a waste of blocks

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with the way the map is layed out. It forces players to decide whether they want to spend time and effort to get the remaining ~33% of their gear, or save time by moving on. It adds an extra layer of decision-making and strategy that is not found in almost any other map.
Imo it just adds unnecessary RNG, not strategy, you may only get one pair of boots on the two reachable chests while someone got all the good gear on their 2 chests and can rush you and kill you quickly while you are still trying to get to the last chest, it just makes the beginning extremely luck-based for no reason

Reactions: GladiusYugen

jackmr9

Novice Member
May 13, 2020
Imo it just adds unnecessary RNG, not strategy, you may only get one pair of boots on the two reachable chests while someone got all the good gear on their 2 chests and can rush you and kill you quickly while you are still trying to get to the last chest, it just makes the beginning extremely luck-based for no reason
I have to say I disagree here. It does add some more variability, but there's always going to be variability in games where the items you get are randomized. In this case, you at least have control over whether or not you want to go for the last chest, especially since everybody is on an equal playing field in that sense.
Clearly I am very outvoted on this topic, and I definitely see your points. I would not be opposed to a change, especially considering the response of the community on this one, but I myself do not mind it.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Top Bottom