• Poll closed .

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,

Like the title already said, I think we should have longer punishments for hackers. Every time that I report a hacker I first look at their history on the appeal website (to check if they’re already banned) and I see almost half of the time that the hacker currently isn’t banned but he has been banned one or two times before. I think a ban of a month is a too short punishment for cheating. I mean they’ve cheated so why not ban them for like a year instead of a month. If you only ban them for a month, they probably will come back and cheat again. I think that the punishment for cheaters who have been caught by sentinel is good for now because sentinel still false bans people but if that happens less often, I suggest to make that punishment longer too.

SweetPotato__

Novice Member
Mar 16, 2020
USA
I believe hackers should be punished, but banning someone for a year is way to much for just a hack. most people learn their lesson after 2nd or 3rd time they get banned and don't do it again.

Reactions: Threefomos

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I think it all depends. There’s people who cheat once and later come back and play as any other player, banning them for more than 30 days then isn’t fair at all since they are getting a second chance after this first ban.

D

Deleted member 469419

I think the current punishment track is good.

As you said sentinel still doing fake bans, that's the why because sentinel punishment track begin with 7 days while a staff ban do it with 30 days.

As @Livvv said, it depends...

SANTIEL_3

Apr 4, 2020
Hello

I think that just like this, it's fine, becouse 1 year is a long time, imagin that a person was banned and was a error (second time) and his appeal was denied, imagine a ban for 1 year without reason.

Is my opinion ;)

Reactions: Anneum

EasyStoeptegel

Mar 20, 2020
Rotterdam
Hi,

Like the title already said, I think we should have longer punishments for hackers. Every time that I report a hacker I first look at their history on the appeal website (to check if they’re already banned) and I see almost half of the time that the hacker currently isn’t banned but he has been banned one or two times before. I think a ban of a month is a too short punishment for cheating. I mean they’ve cheated so why not ban them for like a year instead of a month. If you only ban them for a month, they probably will come back and cheat again. I think that the punishment for cheaters who have been caught by sentinel is good for now because sentinel still false bans people but if that happens less often, I suggest to make that punishment longer too.
I like your idea and I think the punishment should be stricter but I think a ip-ban would be better then a longer normal ban.

Reactions: Anneum

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

I disagree. I think the punishments are fine. but I agree on what @Stoeptegel_ said. Players should be IP-banned more. The problem with this and probably the reason why they don't do this is that everyone on that ip gets banned. Which is not always the right solution. For example: If I use cheats and get IP banned then any other player on my IP is banned too. Even if they just play minecraft like everyone else.

Back to your suggestion: No, I don't think they should change the punishment durations.

- Dutch

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Zrqii's profile.
thanks for the follow!
Capitan wrote on Deann's profile.
♥️
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Man isn't this such a peaceful slice of life anime with good vibes and chill moments?

WorriedSkate940 wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Top Bottom